onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 3 Leyton Orient 0 Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Heres my account on today....

Firstly the team selection, I was gutted and annoyed with the boring and predictable team selection, and this was justified in a poor first half performance. After another shocking display from captain fantastic and a truly shocking tackle, and the abysmal performance from Slew, Page woke up and changed the team. The two subs at half time woke the crowd up and seemed to motivate the players, 2nd half we did the job and punished a very very weak orient side. Overall we were average and slow first half but the first 20/30 mins of the second half were much better and deservedly got the 3 points.

Neal 7: Nothing to do, caught well off crosses.

Yates 8: Wasnt impressed first half but second half was much better and scored the all important goal with a brilliant finish.

McGivern 8: Thought he was solid, especially being moved to left back where I thought he did a far better job than Dickinson.

Duffy 7: Decent, but still wont pass the ball forward.

Dickinson 3: Awful, slow and off the pace, constantly beaten and one dangerous tackle.

Birchall 7: Impressive work rate through out but should have scored and lacks quality.

Lines 8: Thought he was very good, good passing and bursting runs, deserved a goal.

oConnor 7: Decent, passed well poor free kicks though.

Williamson 7: In and out of the game but scored a great goal, not sure hes the answer though.

Slew 1: What does this lad offer? He didnt win headers, hes slow and has the worst control and first touch of a football ive seen. Missed a sitter by not being alert to williamsons pull back, constantly fouled and was often offside, one of the worst performances ive seen.

Streete 7: Very very impressed, solid, confident, strong, looked a class above.

N'Guessan 6: Clearly not fully fit, but was much more of a presence than Slew.

Dodds n/a

Overall an excellent result that we really needed, I just hope at Colchester Dickinson and Slew are no where near that first 11.

Advert

All credit to Page for the half time changes, but what worries me is the length of time it has taken him to realise they're needed. We hadn't kept a clean sheet all season, conceded a ridiculous goal against Scunny on Tuesday (2nd goal) because we switched off, yet STILL started with the same back 4. That would be excusable if we had no one else to replace them with, but we had a Premier Leagye defender on the bench who has been with us for 3 weeks! At 3pm, I'd lost patience in Page - it took me back to the bad old days of Glover when everyone could see things that he refused to see.

Lo and behold, half time he makes the changes we've all been crying out for and it turns t around. We can't afford for a manager to have favourites, is Page too close to some of these players?

Slew was woeful. Please get rid, especially if we are paying a large portion of his report 5K a week salary. McGivern at LB looked classy, confident and a good crosser of the ball. Streete dealt really well with what he had to deal with. First half in particular Birchall was MOTM IMO as he was the only one putting a shift in. Probably deserved a goal also. Start next week with the team that finished please Page. Drop Slew entirely and put Campion on the bench.

Full credit to the players and the manager particularly for the two obvious half time changes.

Onwards and upwards hopefully.

Agreed, but why has it taken so long for Page to work out what the average supporter in the pub worked out weeks ago?

Excellent performance second half.

O'Connor was my man of the match. He and Lines are really clicking now, especially at home.

I'd go so far as to say that if our back 4 for the rest of the season was Yates, Zubar, Streete & McGivern, we'd concede the least goals in division for the rest of the season.

It's clear why Newcastle fans want Streete in their team as he looked class.

McGivern was excellent at LB too. Think Dickos suspension is a very timely one.

We were a bit fortunate today that they had a lad sent off.

But we were starting to play quite well just before that and deserved the victory.

Today, we did have 8-9 lads all playing well and that's why we won. In the first 30 minutes of the second half we moved the ball well and scored two good goals.

It's not all roses as we don't look watertight even against ten men & up front, without Pope, we lack a target man, but we've won easily today and got that clean sheet at last. The 45 minutes will do N'Guessan the world of good.

Felt sorry for Slew yes he lost the ball and struggled, but when other players did it they didn't get jeered? Even when the new lad came on he didn't do much better than slew.

On more of a positive note Dicko finally got taken of and McGivern coped alright at LB. Streete look solid and won everything.

Onwards and Upwards.

Felt sorry for Slew yes he lost the ball and struggled, but when other players did it they didn't get jeered? Even when the new lad came on he didn't do much better than slew.

On more of a positive note Dicko finally got taken of and McGivern coped alright at LB. Streete look solid and won everything.

Onwards and Upwards.

I'm sorry but i have to disagree with you, Slew was lazy and ain't got any ball control. N'Guessan ran after the ball more in the first 10 mins he was on the field than Slew did in the whole of the first half. I'm afraid i'd send him back to Blackburn.

Archived