Poll: Do you want Adams gone?

Hagrid

Do you want Micky gone?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Micky gone?

• I want him to stay
    • I want him gone

Advert

Undecided but I don't no how much more of this football I can take and more worryingly is the lack of commitment from the players. If he can't get them up for a derby then what chance have we got? Saturday was the least passionate performance from any side I've ever seen in a derby in my whole life. In my eyes he's got until 5pm on Saturday. Another 2 home defeats and he has to go. Apart from Peterborough we have been by the mighty notts county, chesterfield and Crewe(without any points all season) says it all really.

If he loses the next two games, it may be that some of those wanting him to stay might change their minds. To lose to a side that everyone so far has slaughtered is bad enough. The fact that it was also Crewe makes it worse. I haven't voted on this poll yet, as I'd like to see Adams sort it out. But I'm beginning to wonder if he will. The team should be doing way better than this.

So we may win one or two of our next games. What difference will that seriously make? We all accept that we do have the players necessary to be in a better position than we currently are so what is the actual problem/s?

Unless we choose players to play in positions that suit them/get players motivated/change our tactics/stop playing hoof ball to a thoroughly dejected, knackered Tom Pope then clearly it would be only short term that we paper over the obvious cracks.

Present squad and manager have proven beyond doubt that we have reached as far as we can playing the way/system that we do. A long term solution is needed before we sink into the depths of Division 2 again. This is not a call for Micky's head, just a reality check that surely even Micky must have realised was on the cards long, long ago?

I see again todays sentinel carries an article of Duffy giving a rallying call to save Adams as Duffy and Co think it's their responsibility that we are in this mess!!! Words, just words mate! Action is needed and the squad have shown none of that so for so why should we believe that will change?

I've read Duffy's comments today. They're the usual platitudes a player comes out with when a manager is under fire.

If I was a neutral looking at Vale I'd be tempted to wonder if the manager has lost the dressing room or if the players have lost faith in MA.

The performances have looked flat and low key as though the team doesn't understand what it's being told to do or doesn't have faith in the tactics.

Although that said, it's difficult to build very much tempo or intensity when you play percentages and lose posession as often as we do.

I think he's entitled to a little bit longer, but I would be worried if things don't improve in the next 2-3 weeks.

And the team needs the fans to get behind them and not succumb to booing or jeering when we are going through a bad spell on the pitch. Supporters can play a big part - both for the team and for the manager.

I think he's entitled to a little bit longer, but I would be worried if things don't improve in the next 2-3 weeks.

And the team needs the fans to get behind them and not succumb to booing or jeering when we are going through a bad spell on the pitch. Supporters can play a big part - both for the team and for the manager.

I understand where you are coming from, but surely us fans have been doing that anyway? It's not helped us to improve though, has it?

Okay in the relegation zone but only 6 points off a play-off place. yes results are poor, yes the team are playing poor but we have had a lot of changes and teams need to gel.

Lets see what we are like say end of October, 7 league games in is not the time to sack a manager.

If we leave it much longer, we will be taking a huge risk and giving any new manager a much more difficult task. The next four games will tell us all we need to know though, imho, it's time to bite the bullet now. What we are seeing now is a symptom of our problems since the beginning of the year, none of which has been remedied, despite the summer break.

Archived