Advert

Poll: Do you want Adams gone?

Hagrid

Do you want Micky gone?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Micky gone?

• I want him to stay
    • I want him gone

I personally didn't want him back after he went to Sheff Utd. we fluked promotion last season with an average squad. This season we signed, I thought some decent players but the team is just utter rubbish. We lost 2 of the coaching staff, it pretty obvious they did the work behind the scenes not Adams & Page... I think we need a fresh change t the helm, Jesus a 5 month old would have better tactics!!!!

Absolutely spot on bang on the money excellent post fully agree

Advert

Adams bought the players, Adams picks the team, Adams heads the coaching, Adams dictates the tactics. Who else do you blame.

Ps Adams got rid of Morsy, Adams got rid of Griff, Adams signed "I'm not taking a 60% pay cut" O'Connor

And griff clearly wasn't good enough, O'connor according to Rotherham fans is one of the best centre mids in the league, Adams can't be blamed for everything. Yes the tactics and football is dire but that dosent stop the players putting a decent shift in. If some of them actually turned up we may have a chance of picking up the odd point.

He's got a dilemma if he goes 4-3-3 though as Slew is the forward now in form.

Honestly I would drop pope, he's looked unfit for weeks and completely out of form. Seems to enjoy slagging opposition fans of on twitter more than turning up in local derbys. For me slew has looked very good in his 3 matches and I would give him a go, it may stop the long balls as well. Time for pope to have a rest IMO.

REP, mate you have been so lucky missing this season so far!

As you know I love Vale to bits and do not generally make knee jerk statements. But it's now time for a radical change at Vale. whether that involves a new manager is down to Norman. However if Micky can actually admit his tactics(or non tactics) are clearly wrong and predictable, even to the so called inferior teams in our Division, then there may be hope. He needs to re think the line ups and get Vale to start to pass the ball instead of lumping it up to poor old Tom.

Everyone will agree with you that Micky has done us proud in the past and can hold his head high but there comes a time when people reach the top of their profession or at least go as far as their limited knowledge allows them. Could this be such a time for Micky. I will always thank him for his time at Vale and the sterling job he did in awful circumstances but we cannot allow sentiment to blear our vision for our great Club. There is a vibe around matches now of doom and gloom and an acceptance that we are slowly reverting back to a reasonable Division 2 Team. I don't want that. I want success for Vale and want us to slowly improve. We ain't doing that at present and frankly we are in a rut. If we leave it too long we will have a mountain to climb. I would dearly love us to get through this poor period but it's clear to those of us who follow Vale home and away that confidence is draining each game from players who you would expect better from. In my experience when such a malaise comes over an organisation it has to be rooted out sooner rather than later and in football it's generally sooner.

If Micky survives and gets us playing football again and climbs up the League, I will be one of the first to shout his praises. But, like the ever increasing numbers I would need to voice my disapproval of allowing our Club to fall back into despairing times.

This thread is the biggest load of ******* ever!! People didn't question the team he put out on sat which on paper is our strongest team it's all well and good sitting on your laptops pontificating about wether he stays or goes the fact of the matter is its way too early to judge we have signed 10 players and he is shuffling his pack to find the best team,tactics and ok the performances are all over the place at the moment but it all takes time!

Just because Smurf has paid top dollar doesn't guarantee success, Sheffield utd, Peterborough ,Coventry all took time last year to get into gear crikey Sheffield utd spent most of last season in the bottom four until they started a cup run

Now is the time to all pull together and SUPPORT whoever has the shirt get behind Micky and the players.....we will turn this around we just need a bit of Lady Luck to go our way

You fail to mention sheff utds form revival coincided with cloughs appiontment Vale need more than luck at the moment we wud dovwell to follow the shefutd model

No just the players that haven't been good enough for years...for now.

So get rid of the old rubbish [grew?] but keep the newer rubbish?

If adams selected the new players to play the system he wants why cant they play it? did anyone actually look at what we were buying?... or consider if they could play clog and run football?

I don't think we should panic yet, I agree that loosing to Crewe is a tragic result, but it's still early days yet let's see what happens in the next few weeks,think about it who could come in and change things,we are limited to what players we have at the minute,and whoever comes in is faced with the same problem,come on Mickey get them going let's get a win under our belts.

Let's get rid of old rubbish like mark Grew think about it we havnt won a game since Grewy was moved surly that says something is sadly missing,Grewy doesn't take any s--t off anybody that's what might be lacking in the team at the minute,some players need to be told they are not as good as they think they are.

Let's get rid of old rubbish like mark Grew think about it we havnt won a game since Grewy was moved surly that says something is sadly missing,Grewy doesn't take any s--t off anybody that's what might be lacking in the team at the minute,some players need to be told they are not as good as they think they are.

If grew is the answer to our problems then things are worse then i thought.

This thread is the biggest load of ******* ever!! People didn't question the team he put out on sat which on paper is our strongest team it's all well and good sitting on your laptops pontificating about wether he stays or goes the fact of the matter is its way too early to judge we have signed 10 players and he is shuffling his pack to find the best team,tactics and ok the performances are all over the place at the moment but it all takes time!

Just because Smurf has paid top dollar doesn't guarantee success, Sheffield utd, Peterborough ,Coventry all took time last year to get into gear crikey Sheffield utd spent most of last season in the bottom four until they started a cup run

Now is the time to all pull together and SUPPORT whoever has the shirt get behind Micky and the players.....we will turn this around we just need a bit of Lady Luck to go our way

Perhaps people didnt question the team because it was/is the strongest team, if its the strongest team we have problems.

He has signed 10 players but he hasnt got a clue what to do with them or how to put them into a team... doesnt it make you wonder why he signed them if he doesnt know what to do with them?

Smurf hasnt payed top dollar... if he has he was robbed... he paid what he could afford to gamble to get his top 10 finish.

Whoever turns up to watch the vale supports the team... sadly smurf will be counting his pennies if the performances stay the same because fewer people will attend.... not a good time to start port vale catering.

If we have to rely on luck we are doomed... how many times have you won the euro millions?... how many rugs has smurf bought in the last 12 months?

There is still a great deal of nonsense which blames the players for managerial blunders. If Adams had done his homework on Crewe, he would have played Robertson in defence because of Crewe's aerial power and Johnson in goal for his greater height and reach. My fear has always been that Adams would waste too much of Smurthwaite's money on dodgy short term fixes before he(Adams) left. It is not a question of whether we can afford to sack him or not but a question of whether we can afford not to sack him.

There is still a great deal of nonsense which blames the players for managerial blunders. If Adams had done his homework on Crewe, he would have played Robertson in defence because of Crewe's aerial power and Johnson in goal for his greater height and reach. My fear has always been that Adams would waste too much of Smurthwaite's money on dodgy short term fixes before he(Adams) left. It is not a question of whether we can afford to sack him or not but a question of whether we can afford not to sack him.

The scary bit is he said he knew Crewe were a 'big' side.

What a pathetic thread.

Why? You don't have to take part. The league table doesn't lie and the bookies clearly knew what they were doing.

The stats since xmas are dire. He and the rest of us can see the problems in defence, but he's been unable to sort it.

Play with wingers, then use route one.

Have a porous centre of midfield.

Undermine young players.

Basically, he dosen't know the best back four, if there is such a thing with the current players.

Messing around with the front 2.

Lines and Adams signed for this year. Who else made approaches for them, I wonder?

Archived