Poll: Do you want Adams gone?

Hagrid

Do you want Micky gone?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Micky gone?

• I want him to stay
    • I want him gone

Advert

I always thought that Adams is/was a moderate manager and never subscribed to the moronic hero-worship that was heaped upon him. When we were promoted, we did it by scoring 80+ goals. We conceded 50+. It was obvious to me, then, that the primary focus should be on defence. This has not been addressed. Every member of our squad has been given a contract by Adams, so don't blame the players; blame Adams. He signed everyone, he picks the team, he picks the tactics(if we have any, that is)

MiKe Baggaley sums it up well for me....for now:

@MBaggers37: Only my opinion, but calls for Micky Adams to go are way over the top. Five years' good work outweighs a 5 game losing run. #pvfc #sentinel

I sort of agree. It has to change very soon though and if he plays 4-4-2 on Tuesday, I think my opinion will change based on what could already be described as a startling display of not learning lessons

Dependant upon any caveat in his contract he probably can't afford to sack him.Could this be the curse of Adams ie. Sheffield Utd and a losing streak, don't forget Rudgie had similar once and we had a strong team then, just get behind the lads and help make whats weak stronger, we're in it together.

I doubt the support could be any better than it was yesterday and I dont think being behind the team is the safest place to be, most of the crewe players seemed to be there too

Its worrying that the best motivator cant motivate.

When we got promoted we had a great start to the season and fell away after Xmas.... last year we reached a decent position by having a good start to the season then fell away after Xmas... this season we arent starting with a safety net, there seems to be no passion or even interest, the manager seems to have lost his edge [he seems as sharp as a rusty nail] and the owner is stuffed with a rolling contract he has to pay if he gets rid.

Does anyone at the club know what they are doing?... is it any wonder the money making sides of vale have been separated from the playing side?

I don't get why some fans thought they wouldn't be massive losses.

Loft's energy and box to box nature was/is unique within the squad and JMW (like him or loathe him) created and scored goals combined like no-one else could or has from wide areas for years.

Time for big players like Dickinson, Lines, O'Connor and to a lesser extent Pope to step up and drag us through this poor run.

Also time to ship out people like Dodds, Yates and Lloyd. If they aren't going to / aren't good enough to play week in / week out at the moment they are a massive luxury.

If we shipped out all the players who arent earning their corn we would have to recall boomer

This thread is the biggest load of ******* ever!! People didn't question the team he put out on sat which on paper is our strongest team it's all well and good sitting on your laptops pontificating about wether he stays or goes the fact of the matter is its way too early to judge we have signed 10 players and he is shuffling his pack to find the best team,tactics and ok the performances are all over the place at the moment but it all takes time!

Just because Smurf has paid top dollar doesn't guarantee success, Sheffield utd, Peterborough ,Coventry all took time last year to get into gear crikey Sheffield utd spent most of last season in the bottom four until they started a cup run

Now is the time to all pull together and SUPPORT whoever has the shirt get behind Micky and the players.....we will turn this around we just need a bit of Lady Luck to go our way

And whats Aspin going do?... You seriously think Aspin can suddenly make Lines, Jennings, O Conner care less, make Yates a good right back, make **** sack Williamson score a goal? Make McGivea**** and Roberts******** good defenders?

So what you are saying is that Adams has built an expensive squad of olayers who are rubbish or can't be bothered. But non of it is his fault?

I always thought that Adams is/was a moderate manager and never subscribed to the moronic hero-worship that was heaped upon him. When we were promoted, we did it by scoring 80+ goals. We conceded 50+. It was obvious to me, then, that the primary focus should be on defence. This has not been addressed. Every member of our squad has been given a contract by Adams, so don't blame the players; blame Adams. He signed everyone, he picks the team, he picks the tactics(if we have any, that is)

So are you saying he takes all the blame when it's going wrong and can't be heralded when things go tremendously well against the odds?

Bizarre extreme logic if so.

It's just blind loyalty from those who want him to stay.

His team looks a beaten team and he sounds like a beaten man.

Things are that ***** for him I bet he wishes he'd taken the Blackpool job.

Time for a clear-out and installing of Aspin as manager.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with this. Where has the loyalty gone in football? If the great JR had been sacked prior to the Macc game, like most thought he should have been, then we would not have gone on to 15 years of success. Same could be said about ferguson at man utd.

MA has earned the right to try and turn this around with the success he has had over the past two seasons. That is not blind loyalty, it is just reasonable! If smurf was to act now, then we would become one of those crap clubs who sack their managers randomly, the likes of which we start threads about on here. I do not want my club to be one of those.

There will come a point when MAs job will be untenable and he knows that too. He has quite clearly stated that and smurf a statement currently backing him is the exact right thing to do. Let's not panic. Football is a sport which makes it unpredictable at best. The only thing for certain is that we will not win every game!

Having said that, no one at the moment is above criticism and presently they deserve some grief and things cannot go on unrelentingly. Defenders who can defend would be a start. However, I, along with a lot of folk was very happy with this summers dealings, although am ian evatt type centre half would have been welcome! It's now over to the management to to put them in a system that works or move them on.

I've no doubt that results will improve, but performances will not. I know football is a results business, but Adams tactics are nothing short of dire and will never change. Too many teams, some with rookie managers, pitch up at Vale Park and roll us over in terms of determination and tactical advantage. I still believe this squad is a strong one with talent to challenge at the right end of the table, but I don't think that Adams is the person to bring the best out of this team technically.

Smurf has pledged his support for his manager, but in the mean time crowds and general interest will continue to dwindle as the team continue to attempt to grind out results with long-ball, unattractive football.

Archived