Poll: Do you want Adams gone?

Hagrid

Do you want Micky gone?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Micky gone?

• I want him to stay
    • I want him gone

Advert

So get rid of the old rubbish [grew?] but keep the newer rubbish?

If adams selected the new players to play the system he wants why cant they play it? did anyone actually look at what we were buying?... or consider if they could play clog and run football?

Yep they have had more than enough chances over 5 years. Yep I'd include that ******** Grew in that too, most people know my feelings on him.

New players deserve time to gel, a season at least, not a rediculously small amount of time like 7 games, especially if others have had 5 years!

How do you know it's clog football, you said you wouldn't comment on it as you don't see the games! ;)

Emotions are obviously running high after yesterday's debacle but we have to keep things in perspective; we're on a dreadful run but it's still early in the season and we still have - on paper - the strongest squad we've had for years. Adams, like any other manager, should be given a reasonable amount of time to sort out the problems. If we're no better and still playing the long ball with a powder puff central midfield and conceding two or more goals a game in, say, 5 games time then that's when Micky's ability to sort the problems and thus his position should be questioned.

I wonder what would have happened if Dave Artell hadn't left when we were in admin and we had been allowed to sign that central defender who's name I forget befoRe the transfer embargo was revealed. I think Adams wanted to sort the defence but wasn't allowed to and is now trying his best within the budget.

He sorted the defence alright he sold player of the seasin mccombe another mega adams phopar

I wonder what would have happened if Dave Artell hadn't left when we were in admin and we had been allowed to sign that central defender who's name I forget befoRe the transfer embargo was revealed. I think Adams wanted to sort the defence but wasn't allowed to and is now trying his best within the budget.

Jesus christ, Artell is playing for bala town in the welsh leagues! Will be on less than our centre halves and far far worse! If thats the reason adams cant sort the defence then he never will.

As for the above post blaming 'selling' Mccombe...I have no words. Mccombe was caught out for pace in league 2. Hereford gave him a free when they got promoted to league one. He left half way through his contract with us when we got promoted. I think even he knows his level. And the season he left he was no where near player of the year. He has played for hereford in league 2, then vale in league 2, then mansfield in league 2 and then york in league 2. I think league 2 is his level.

He sorted the defence alright he sold player of the seasin mccombe another mega adams phopar

Sorry McCombe was not good enough for league 1, he was one of a long line of cloggers who had the turning circle of a jcb.

He was wholehearted and that's why he and Griff became cult heros but he is a million miles away from league 1 and even our current defenders as his record shows.

There is still a great deal of nonsense which blames the players for managerial blunders. If Adams had done his homework on Crewe, he would have played Robertson in defence because of Crewe's aerial power and Johnson in goal for his greater height and reach. My fear has always been that Adams would waste too much of Smurthwaite's money on dodgy short term fixes before he(Adams) left. It is not a question of whether we can afford to sack him or not but a question of whether we can afford not to sack him.

Exactly - the cost of replacing Adams will look like small beer if we continue as we are with dwindling gates and falling income. By the time we get to the away game at Fleetwood, a quarter of the season will be gone, and we will know then for certain (if not now) whether our season can be saved under Adams. Any lingering doubts will surely be gone by then.

Emotions are obviously running high after yesterday's debacle but we have to keep things in perspective; we're on a dreadful run but it's still early in the season and we still have - on paper - the strongest squad we've had for years. Adams, like any other manager, should be given a reasonable amount of time to sort out the problems. If we're no better and still playing the long ball with a powder puff central midfield and conceding two or more goals a game in, say, 5 games time then that's when Micky's ability to sort the problems and thus his position should be questioned.

Sounds sensible to me, however yesterday I was expecting a better performance and win.

Crewe did to us in the first 20 mins what WE should have done to them.

Micky deserves respect for his achievements but how far does this stretch.

He was brutally honest on Radio Stoke yesterday even to the point of saying if after 10-12 games the situation was the same then he'd expect to go.

Sounds sensible to me, however yesterday I was expecting a better performance and win.

Crewe did to us in the first 20 mins what WE should have done to them.

Micky deserves respect for his achievements but how far does this stretch.

He was brutally honest on Radio Stoke yesterday even to the point of saying if after 10-12 games the situation was the same then he'd expect to go.

If things are the same after 10-12 games then Adams should do the decent thing & walk.

He's done very well out of Vale as we have him & an amicable parting is the best solution all round.

Archived