Advert

Poll: Do you want Adams gone?

Hagrid

Do you want Micky gone?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Micky gone?

• I want him to stay
    • I want him gone

Lets all leave it to Micky to sort his defence out!! he knows thats the main area to work on and I believe if it continues in the same vein then personel will be changed and we will see a few leaving

It would be the same with new manager anyway he will identify the problem areas and act upon it!!

He problems were identified long ago and he's had long enough to find solutions

It's not just the last month that our defence has been crap

Advert

During MA s time here the quality of football has been very poor even when we get the the result. I'm sure he won't get us relegated but how long should we put up with poor standards with out getting the results? If we can bring someone in to potentially improve both results and quality then that's fine but who could fit that bill ?

Oh and be able to work with NS.

Some pretty pathetic and OTT comments on this thread as has already been elluded to. How you can fluke a promotion when your top 3 all season is beyond me as George mentions on page 1.

Personnally I'm not sure you can ever really 'fluke' a promotion. You can maybe say a promotion wasn't 100% deserved if you finish 5th or 6th and win the playoffs for example. Or you get a bit lucky in one of your playoff games(QPR last season springs to mind) or West Brom beating us in 1993? That's not fluking a promotion though, QPR and West Brom on those occasions won according to the rules whether they were lucky or not.

Anyway getting back to Adams and thread. I'm not going to say get rid(just yet), Micky deserves a shot at turning it around at the very least, we used to have crap starts in the championship under Rudge(I think one year we didn't win at VP til November? Hudderfield 1-0 with Tinman scoring springs to mind?) yet we went on to finish mid-table. Admittedly we probably had a better team then but the principal is perhaps the same.

That said the current form is concerning at the very least. I think we were all on cloud 9 after Donny and if we're honest non of us expected that result with Doncaster having come down from the championship. As for the 5 defeats. 2 of them I can put in perspective(Cardiff and Peterboro). I'm not saying for a minute I expected Vale to lose(I never think that of any game whether we play Arsenal or Accrington there is always a chance) but where those teams are at compared to Vale we'd have had to have played very well to have taken anything from either game. The other 3 are a lot more concerning. Losing to two mediocre sides at home and to Crewe(who will go down despite beating us) is poor whatever the ins and outs and how each game panned out.

The another tack I could take is losing like winning can become a habit and we've lost 5 in a row whatever the opposition. I always have this figure of 6 in my head. Lose 6 in a row for any manager in this day and age and you've got to be looking over your shoulder so to speak.

Hmmm!

Lets all leave it to Micky to sort his defence out!! he knows thats the main area to work on and I believe if it continues in the same vein then personel will be changed and we will see a few leaving

It would be the same with new manager anyway he will identify the problem areas and act upon it!!

I trust adams to sort it out, but not the defence, he has had time to fix the back 4 and it is still our weak point. Last year we were woeful at the back, and he clearly hasnt addressed it. I would have much more hope of a new manager fixing the back line as Adams clearly has no clue on the matter.

Some people claim Micky can 'sort it out'.

While he may organise the team to avoid defeats and we'll stay in this division, it isn't the poor run of form that angers me. It's the style of football he plays.

Even if we win our next 5 games and go into the top half you can guarantee it will be by playing hoofball or the widemen whipping into Pope. The defence will look just as frail and the centre mids will be bypassed, because that's the only way Micky knows how to play.

The results, for me, are simply compounding the fact that the club cannot progress with Micky at the helm. He's too limited and too one dimensional to take us into the top 6 of this divison, imo. I would have been happy for Micky to leave when his contract was up at the end of last season, the football we had played was so poor.

I trust adams to sort it out, but not the defence, he has had time to fix the back 4 and it is still our weak point. Last year we were woeful at the back, and he clearly hasnt addressed it. I would have much more hope of a new manager fixing the back line as Adams clearly has no clue on the matter.

Poor ball retention leads to more pressure on said defence,I'm sure it's how we play that's the problem,all these different defenders we keep trying can't all be crap surely

Micky knew at the end of last season the defence needed sorting.

He proceeds to sign 3 CM's, not play 2 of them, sign one CB and a dodgy RB on loan. He makes Dicko captain, leaving him virtually undroppable, and for me Dicko has been at fault for a lot of our goals. Adams can't even decide what keeper he wants to play, for God's sake.

The defensive issue should have been sorted in the close season. Instead, we are stuck with the same issues limiting us and repeated cries of 'we'll work on it in training' from the messiah. No clean sheets in 9. Says it all for me.

Some people claim Micky can 'sort it out'.

While he may organise the team to avoid defeats and we'll stay in this division, it isn't the poor run of form that angers me. It's the style of football he plays.

Even if we win our next 5 games and go into the top half you can guarantee it will be by playing hoofball or the widemen whipping into Pope. The defence will look just as frail and the centre mids will be bypassed, because that's the only way Micky knows how to play.

The results, for me, are simply compounding the fact that the club cannot progress with Micky at the helm. He's too limited and too one dimensional to take us into the top 6 of this divison, imo. I would have been happy for Micky to leave when his contract was up at the end of last season, the football we had played was so poor.

This 100%

Not only did NC & Chesterfield beat us, they beat us well. Didn't go to Crewe but it sounded the same first half. Typical Vale that when we turn up, we're already out of the game.

Tomorrow will be very interesting & will tell us a lot about the character of the manager & players. Personally I think MA has lost the will to sort out our issues.

Micky knew at the end of last season the defence needed sorting.

He proceeds to sign 3 CM's, not play 2 of them, sign one CB and a dodgy RB on loan. He makes Dicko captain, leaving him virtually undroppable, and for me Dicko has been at fault for a lot of our goals. Adams can't even decide what keeper he wants to play, for God's sake.

The defensive issue should have been sorted in the close season. Instead, we are stuck with the same issues limiting us and repeated cries of 'we'll work on it in training' from the messiah. No clean sheets in 9. Says it all for me.

That's the best post on this thread. Very well put.

Archived