onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Tickets

Caroline Oakes

y

With respect Norman, I live in Birmingham and do not wish to make a midweek trip in order to pick up my season-ticket. I'm sure you'd agree that's not a good use of anyone's time or fuel.

What are these "concerns about post" ? I can understand the worry about ST's being stolen if they are sent out in a large volume, on standard postage and are easily identifiable as ST's. I can definitely understand wanting to save on postage. I can understand that it creates work for the ticket office staff.

It's hard not to think that there never was an intention to post them out. Fair enough (maybe) for the above reasons - but it's very late in the day to go back on what I was told last week.

If this plan must go ahead, I just hope that it's made as painless as possible for those who will have to queue through no fault of their own. All windows open, tickets in alphabetical order for fast retrieval etc.

You can pick up Saturday before the match at the old ticket office.

Advert

What the club have proposed should not really cause too many people too many problems.

However, the key worry is getting the message out to all of the impacted parties. OVF, Twitter etc might be popular with a number of fans, but there is still a fairly large percentage that rely on the sentinel and the radio for their vale information. I assume this information has been broadcast on these mediums as well? And I don't mean just once on each, I mean a number of times. Hammer the message home to reduce the potential for chaos on Saturday.

You have to feel a bit sorry for the people at the ticket office, they're undergoing changes to their IT systems, technical issues and they've lost experienced personnel all at the same time, and now it sounds like they're under pressure from above to keep postal costs down.

All Season Ticket holders (except the ones who are missing the Walsall game) will have to turn up at Vale Park at some point before 3pm on Saturday anyway, so it makes sense for those who can collect them to do so.

Hopefully the vast majority will have already collected by then. The more people who do, the smoother the operation should be for the ones who can't get to VP before Saturday.

What the club have proposed should not really cause too many people too many problems.

However, the key worry is getting the message out to all of the impacted parties. OVF, Twitter etc might be popular with a number of fans, but there is still a fairly large percentage that rely on the sentinel and the radio for their vale information. I assume this information has been broadcast on these mediums as well? And I don't mean just once on each, I mean a number of times. Hammer the message home to reduce the potential for chaos on Saturday.

How many fans live outside the range of the Sentinel and local radio? Most I hope have access to the internet so should be aware of the situation. It is to be hoped that the ticket situation should be sorted by next season with a reasonable time for postal options, I am quite happy to pay £2 for a home delivery to avoid a queue.

How many fans live outside the range of the Sentinel and local radio? Most I hope have access to the internet so should be aware of the situation. It is to be hoped that the ticket situation should be sorted by next season with a reasonable time for postal options, I am quite happy to pay £2 for a home delivery to avoid a queue.

I bet there are quite a lot of people who don't have access to the internet. That's why all mediums (radio, paper & internet) need to be used to get the message out there.

Would assume that those that live "outside" the area don't get the Sentinel or local radio? They get majority of info from this site and some on Twitter. I live 60 mile round trip from Vale but have collected my tickets in advance. Those that reside miles away presumably usually try and get to matches in advance of kick off for a bite to eat/drink etc so I assume there will not be too much chaos on Saturday by late turn ups?

I agree however that for the coming seasons Norm should take note and get season tickets etc sorted more efficiently and well in advance, as well as hopefully for many, a decent structured pay scheme allowing people to pay in instalments maybe prior to the next season actually taking place?

By the way, well done Office staff for the professional and friendly way you have handled the changing time tables and I.T. problems these last few weeks. Not your fault but you have carried out duties excellently.

how were the original intentions publicised ?

No idea. But since the dawn of time tickets have been posted out well before the start of the season. What is happening this year is quite a radical change from previous years.

As I've said, it shouldn't cause major problems, but it has the potential too, hence the need to get the message out to as many people as possible.

There are about 700 did not wish to risk non delivery with the post as then we would have issues Sat

If fans turn up at 2.55 Sat then yes there will be chaos Collect up to Friday from ticket office exc Tuesday 5 to 7 pm at Old ticket office and 11 to 2pm Sat again at old ticket office

Am I making it to simple ? Smurf

If you personally hand delivered each ticket with flowers and chocolates somebody will still find something to moan about!

There are about 700 did not wish to risk non delivery with the post as then we would have issues Sat

If fans turn up at 2.55 Sat then yes there will be chaos Collect up to Friday from ticket office exc Tuesday 5 to 7 pm at Old ticket office and 11 to 2pm Sat again at old ticket office

Am I making it to simple ? Smurf

Thanks for the info` albeit somewhat patronising.

You don`t do PR very well do you?

Archived