onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael O' Connor on Trial

AlienTitWrench

So the chairman puttig his own money in is seen as income? I thought the point was to stop teams overspending when they aha a wealthy owner then going into administration when they left because they couldnt meet the wage bill from their income.

I must have got it wrong.

Thanks for the link

Advert

Considering that we are all supposed to operating under the same rules how can Rotherham afford to pay players 60% more than we do, their average attendance isnt that much more than ours so what are they doing that we arent?

Their chairman is a life long fan and the business he is in he gets many millions a year through it,so I guess he will just do big sponsor deals with himself if you know what I mean

So the chairman puttig his own money in is seen as income? I thought the point was to stop teams overspending when they aha a wealthy owner then going into administration when they left because they couldnt meet the wage bill from their income.

I must have got it wrong.

Thanks for the link

Maybe the difference is when the chairman puts in lots of his own money, which is only a problem when he wants it back, and a club borrowing money they cant pay back unless they are promoted or win a cup.

Thus we have to rely on fans with some input from our chairman

Off topic, Blackpool have only 8 players, thier chairman is alleged to have paid himself £11m when in the prem.

Maybe the difference is when the chairman puts in lots of his own money, which is only a problem when he wants it back, and a club borrowing money they cant pay back unless they are promoted or win a cup.

Thus we have to rely on fans with some input from our chairman

Off topic, Blackpool have only 8 players, thier chairman is alleged to have paid himself £11m when in the prem.

Well according to REP on here a couple of months back, that's who Norm as been getting advice from. :laugh:

To be fair to Oconnnor it seems he really wants to sign. He has said that a deal couldnt be done at a 60% reduction but is still interested in signing for Vale. He also replied to one **** of a fan saying that he is happy to take a wage cut but not 60%, surely we could push a little bit here, say he was on 3k, offer him a 30 or 40% cut, still wouldnt be paying him that much.

Money ,money ,money tell.u what lets get the buckets out every game then.we will pay a player is wages ,surely if 3000 folk put a pound a game in we get the kind of quality player required.

Personally a wage cut of 60 per cent and still picking up 1200 a week ,im in the wrong job ,4800 a month thats fantastic with win bonuses over 5k a month ,oh poor footballers today !

Does this lad know hes lucky ,dont insult the integrity of poorly paid followers .

You cant blame him for that surely

Money ,money ,money tell.u what lets get the buckets out every game then.we will pay a player is wages ,surely if 3000 folk put a pound a game in we get the kind of quality player required.

Personally a wage cut of 60 per cent and still picking up 1200 a week ,im in the wrong job ,4800 a month thats fantastic with win bonuses over 5k a month ,oh poor footballers today !

Does this lad know hes lucky ,dont insult the integrity of poorly paid followers .

Would you take a 60% pay cut. Of course you wouldnt. Anyone in the right mind would reject that.

Would you take a 60% pay cut. Of course you wouldnt. Anyone in the right mind would reject that.
What if it is the best offer? The job you did no longer exists anywhere? Of course you would always try to maintain your pay. But players get old, maybe have injury problems, not always clear cut even though it is great to be paid for kicking a ball.

It is obvious that the budget has been blown on Adams salary and the first few players we signed, what I dont understand is.....Why was O Connor on trial? Did Adams not know his capabilities? Did Adams not know the ball park figure to secure his signature? I drive past Bentley regularly and I would love one but I would'nt ask for a test drive without having the money to pay for one.

Seems typical amateurish Port Vale behaviour to me, should have all been conducted in private.

What a joke.

O'Connor has admitted he wanted to come (and still wants to) on his twitter. He would compliment Lines perfectly and we'd have a top midfield next year.

To offer him a 60% wage cut is disrespectful and an example of how poorly we are run.

We have to accept we are a club with 3000 die-hards. The others will have to be tempted by success.

Smurf's offered sweet FA to those who are not die-hards. No manager contract resolution until early bird deadline has gone. No/little marketing campaign surrounding season tickets. Even Bratt managed it when we got 5000.

We've lost out on another good player now because of wages. I'm getting sick and tired of this shambles.

You've had long enough Smurf, and you keep on ballsing up. Something new every week.

What a joke.

O'Connor has admitted he wanted to come (and still wants to) on his twitter. He would compliment Lines perfectly and we'd have a top midfield next year.

To offer him a 60% wage cut is disrespectful and an example of how poorly we are run.

We have to accept we are a club with 3000 die-hards. The others will have to be tempted by success.

Smurf's offered sweet FA to those who are not die-hards. No manager contract resolution until early bird deadline has gone. No/little marketing campaign surrounding season tickets. Even Bratt managed it when we got 5000.

We've lost out on another good player now because of wages. I'm getting sick and tired of this shambles.

You've had long enough Smurf, and you keep on ballsing up. Something new every week.

Why is it disrespectful? He is out of contract with no club. His current salary is zero. You are only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for you, that's life

Heres a quote from Adams.

“Michael played for a team last year, Rotherham United, who got promoted. I can only assume their wage bill and all the other incentives they were throwing at the players to join them at Rotherham were far in excess of what we were.

The world and his dog knew Rotherham paid good wages in fact did'nt he say so himself when we hit a sticky patch last season saying how well we were doing in comparison to the spending power of our competitors

Archived