onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael O' Connor on Trial

AlienTitWrench

4 reserves which are highly rated. Everyone slams Mickey for not bringing enough young uns through. Maybe this season will be different, Crewe want £1million for Max Clayton maybe one of our reserves is capable of that. Only Mickey knows.

Who? Smith is a good young lad and Ryan is alright but the two keepers ain't good enough.

Advert

Yeah Daniel really struggled. Look on their forum most say he was the worst winger at the club, never know he could be great for us but on track record I doubt it.

Have you worked out how many League 1 games Popey has played overall for Vale, Crewe and Roverum?

It was only a few weeks ago Norm said we had a turnover of nearly £4m, i take it that was last season. 4300 ST's, average crowd of over 6000 & the commercial side. 60% of that is £2.4m, that's the fair play rules & living within our means.

That's where we should be at, we did it last season, there should of been no excuse why that couldn't of been achieved this season with a decent marketing campaign, especially after finishing 9th last season. Where's the progression? I believe the bad vibes & particularly Norms gob has put pay to that & put people off over the last few months & that's why we now have a crap budget. He came on here the other day & said we may be under embargo this week up until Christmas? :doh:

Sorry if people don't like it but that's the way i see it at the moment. Absolute joke. :bomb:

Using the logic that if you've played x number of games in league one you are therefore a proven league one player we might as well sign Griff back. He must have played 40+ league one games over the last 2 seasons.

Although I guess most won't want that...

Haven't looked why?

Because you said Popey is a proven League 1 Striker. I bet if you add up his starts for Crewe, Roverum and Vale with his goals scored for all them teams on paper it will look like he ain't a proven league 1 striker. You and I know your only as good as your last game so for me Marshall is going be a big big player next maybe more important than O'Connor.

I think Smurf has conducted all negotiations with players so far so its not just O'Connor

Which is probably the reason why we have only signed one decent player and three "chancers". Is way is signing loan players which don't cost the club money, but he has the wrong manager to make that work. I really do hope I am wrong as come what may I will be at approx 40 matches next season as I have been for many seasons, but I do hate relegations.

Cue the Norman a*** lickers to give me thumb downs.

Using the logic that if you've played x number of games in league one you are therefore a proven league one player we might as well sign Griff back. He must have played 40+ league one games over the last 2 seasons.

Although I guess most won't want that...

Apart from you. Its not the number of games its what you do in them games.

Because you said Popey is a proven League 1 Striker. I bet if you add up his starts for Crewe, Roverum and Vale with his goals scored for all them teams on paper it will look like he ain't a proven league 1 striker. You and I know your only as good as your last game so for me Marshall is going be a big big player next maybe more important than O'Connor.

I actually agree I think Marshall will be very good I just don't think he is proven yet.

Apart from you. Its not the number of games its what you do in them games.

I don't want him to sign back up. That ship has sailed. The point I was making was people were obsessing about how many games a player as played at a certain level to determine whether he is any good. I used the Griff example as someone who has played a fair few games at this level but a bet very few would call him a proven league one player.

Also, you're other comment "you're only as good as your last game" is probably the most stupid cliché there is. Using that logic the entire Spain squad is useless! Ronaldo is gash and Messi is nothing more than average. In order to see how 'good' a player is you look at his form, and the quality of the opposition, over a period of time.

Archived