onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael O' Connor on Trial

AlienTitWrench

Pope is proven at this level, and the level below, he was good last season and scored a respectable amount of goals. IMO you cant call a player proven at a certain level when they have only played 14 games and no williamson isnt proven at this level or the level below.

But Marshall played in league 1 with Swindon.

Advert

Pope is proven at this level, and the level below, he was good last season and scored a respectable amount of goals. IMO you cant call a player proven at a certain level when they have only played 14 games and no williamson isnt proven at this level or the level below.

How many games has Pope played in league 1, including for Crewe, Rotherham and Vale? I bet his starts and goals scored on paper don't look like a proven league 1 player but us as Vale fans know different.

Not sure on appearances but he played in League 1 with Swindon. I stand to be corrected but Im sure it was over 20.

So lets say 20 for swindon another 15 for cov and that's 35 games in league 1. Plenty to proven. Im looking forward to this season

So lets say 20 for swindon another 15 for cov and that's 35 games in league 1. Plenty to proven. Im looking forward to this season

Looking forward to what exactly? We've signed 4 players, one who struggled badly in league 2, one who has been described as dreadful at every club he's been to. Fair enough with the two wingers although Marshall I don't think can be described as proven but other than that we have very little. We seem to be one man short in every position. I can't wait for the season to start but think we will be right down te bottom.

What is it with trialists? Moore, Daniel, Marshall and McGivern weren't trialists. Just because there is only one trialist left that doesn't mean he is the only player we are looking at.

Still, the point is, with three weeks to go before the start of the season, are Vale going to be ready? It doesn't look like it to me at this time.

We are at least one central midfielder and a striker down and the squad itself is threadbare. Only 18 players listed on the official site, of which four are pure reserves.

Shame about O'Connor as I really think he would have a superb signing, but the caveat would really be is that he has never completed more than 75% of league games in a season. With our very small squad we cannot really carry passengers and need to sign players with a a good record of being available for 46 league games a season. This is also a worry over Lines and Dicko who we will leave us in a pickle if they miss as many games as they did last season. It was obvious to me that O'Connor would not be signing when Micky said he was letting Smugswaite to do the negotiations. It was as if he was getting another excuse ready to say it's Norman's fault when we get relegated, as I am getting myself conditioned to.

I think Smurf has conducted all negotiations with players so far so its not just O'Connor

Looking forward to what exactly? We've signed 4 players, one who struggled badly in league 2, one who has been described as dreadful at every club he's been to. Fair enough with the two wingers although Marshall I don't think can be described as proven but other than that we have very little. We seem to be one man short in every position. I can't wait for the season to start but think we will be right down te bottom.

Did Colin Daniel struggle in League 2 I had the impression he was one of their better players. Yes McGivern got bad press but when he was on loan to Hibs from Man City he got a lot of good press which led them to sign him permanently.

Still, the point is, with three weeks to go before the start of the season, are Vale going to be ready? It doesn't look like it to me at this time.

We are at least one central midfielder and a striker down and the squad itself is threadbare. Only 18 players listed on the official site, of which four are pure reserves.

And 3 are keepers.

Did Colin Daniel struggle in League 2 I had the impression he was one of their better players. Yes McGivern got bad press but when he was on loan to Hibs from Man City he got a lot of good press which led them to sign him permanently.

Yeah Daniel really struggled. Look on their forum most say he was the worst winger at the club, never know he could be great for us but on track record I doubt it.

4 reserves which are highly rated. Everyone slams Mickey for not bringing enough young uns through. Maybe this season will be different, Crewe want £1million for Max Clayton maybe one of our reserves is capable of that. Only Mickey knows.

Archived