onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Close season new players rumours

We need forwards though. I think we need 2 centre backs, a right back, probably a left back to cover dicko, at least one winger, knott, probably a centre mid as cover, and two strikers. Hugill isn't Good enough to play weak in weak out in my opinion especially with pope. As mentioned Ryan Lowe is someone we should certainly look to sign.

I take it you are happy with the goalies 593?:laugh:

Advert

We need forwards though. I think we need 2 centre backs, a right back, probably a left back to cover dicko, at least one winger, knott, probably a centre mid as cover, and two strikers. Hugill isn't Good enough to play weak in weak out in my opinion especially with pope. As mentioned Ryan Lowe is someone we should certainly look to sign.

I thought he was a big STRONG lad ;)

I think you need to live in the real world - we've released four players & dismissed one more so with a reduced budget at best there's only going to be five new arrivals not the eight you've mentioned. I agree we may need these players to significantly improve but in reality it ain't going to happen.

Might just be me, but Billy Knott's reaction at the end yesterday looked like that of a player who has played his last game for us. Hope not, he is the sort of player we have been missing since Brammer or Bogie, a real all rounder.

With Sunderland almost certain to stay up, it increases our chances of securing him. Likewise, I think we can forget ever seeing Grimmer again

I'd agree with that though I would add a left back in too.

I'm undecided on dicko. I'm not sure what wages he's on but I'd expect it to be pretty high and a top earner so if he's been offered reduced terms he will see what else is on offer elsewhere won't he anyway.

Perhaps could get better for the money, but he can play as a centre half if needed so I probably would like him to stay.

Length of contract shouldn't depend on who else stays or goes, it comes out of a different year's budget.

I would do because I can see him getting better and other teams coming in for him. If someone comes in for him in 18 months time and he's only on a two year deal, we'd be forced into a fire sale at a knock down price whereas if there was an extra year on his contract we could hold out for a decent fee.

I get the impression he likes it here

Billy knott@billy_knott Protected Tweets 21h

A big thank you to @Shukes18 what a baller and nice guy and been a pleasure to play with him !!!! pic.twitter.com/585gcHumzA

Billy knott@billy_knott Protected Tweets 21h

What a ledge 5 months thanks to every one involved ! #pvfc @OfficialPVFC pic.twitter.com/m8eYBtNZEx

Billy knott@billy_knott Protected Tweets May 3

Last game of season today been great 5 months @OfficialPVFC ...... Wish @wwfcofficial all the best today hope the lads can produce today

Billy knott@billy_knott Protected Tweets May 2

Thanks to @rich_duffy and his missus for cooking me dinner tonight was lovely top man !

Billy knott@billy_knott Protected Tweets Apr 26

Thank you to all fans coming last night was unreal..This season been great to me and can't thank you enough #pvfc pic.twitter.com/3cP82QbNLm

Hypothetical question - would you let Lines leave to offer Knott a long contract?

I get that impression. I also think he can probably play at a higher level than mid table League 1, unless he believes we can make a go of it next year at a club where he is liked by the fans and seemingly by the players. I'd be happy if we lined up with any 2 of Cuvelier, Lines and Knott in central midfield at the start of next season, probably with Birchall as back up.

As Santa says though, he needs to be signed up for a decent length of time, as he will only improve with regular football, as we have seen this season.

Final point, he has made a bit of a mockery of the idea that loan players "don't care".

Archived