onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 3 - Shrewsbury 1 Post Match Discussions

Caz or caz123

Advert

Outstanding first half and should have been more than 2-0 to the good. They obviously had a bit of a rollocking as they came out strong for 10 minutes, then faded then came hard again when we simply could not retain possession of the football (this is our achillies heel and must be worked on).

Great to see Hughill score, his mobility and calmness have really surprised me in the game at Crawley and taking his goal.

OUTSTANDING goal from JMW, that lad really is class when he is on form.

Lofty was my MOTM, player of the year for me so far, always liked him and couldn't understand why people weren't bothered if he stayed in the summer as he is so versatile and so energetic. Get him signed up Micky for next season!! :)

Should have been out of sight at half time bar a few top saves from Weale. Second half we got under the cosh a bit and the goal made it nervous but Hugill came on, holds the ball up well and took his goal superbly to mass relief.

We actually are a decent side at this level and maybe need to end the negatively and embrace the team we have... We are 9th in league one and almost 1/2 to safety way before 1/2 the season has passed.

Best game i have attended so far. Shrewsbury were better then i was expecting considering their away form. Lines and Loft were class above .Impressed with Hugill cameo first time i have seen him. Good result next week and Preston is a pretty big game. The season could be interesting.

Question for Old Sage: would JMW have scored that goal had he have been played on his "natural side"? ;)

Cracking game. Some top notch performances today. Thought Duffy was superb at centre half.

Biggest disappointment for me was Griff. Though he was poor and has been poor for a few weeks now. To say he needs to be dropped is easy. To suggest who to replace him with, as a tough tackling centre midfielder, is not so easy.

Outstanding first half and should have been more than 2-0 to the good. They obviously had a bit of a rollocking as they came out strong for 10 minutes, then faded then came hard again when we simply could not retain possession of the football (this is our achillies heel and must be worked on).

Great to see Hughill score, his mobility and calmness have really surprised me in the game at Crawley and taking his goal.

OUTSTANDING goal from JMW, that lad really is class when he is on form.

Lofty was my MOTM, player of the year for me so far, always liked him and couldn't understand why people weren't bothered if he stayed in the summer as he is so versatile and so energetic. Get him signed up Micky for next season!! :)

Spot on!!! Get in vale, well played and never gave up!!

Thought we created the better chances throughout even though they bossed most of the second half.

1st half we were excellent with Lines, Griff & Robertson particularly impressive. Pope had two great chances to seal it but fluffed his lines, good to Hugill show some composure for his goal.

One other thing I never mentioned and that Micky mentioned in his interview just was how good I thought Duffy was.

He's had a lot of criticism on this board recently and has been somewhat the scapegoat which is unfortunate however thought he wwas excellent today. He read the game really well, didn't miss much at all and it is supposed to be his natural position.

Full credit where its due as I thought he was good at Carlisle and very good today.

Archived