onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 3 - Shrewsbury 1 Post Match Discussions

Caz or caz123

Good game today they came out second half a different team and made it difficult for us to play, but I was shocked at the lack of atmospheric support from vale very low key getting behind vale, hope this changes over the next few games cus it could play on the players minds that the fans are happy about somethinoy saying like but well done vale.

Advert

Lofty ran himself into the ground today and was fantastic. So was Dicko, thought he had a cracker.

Again we seemed to take our foot off the gas when in front and Shrews, although they had a bit more of the 2nd half, I thought they were there for the taking.

Agree with lots around me and leaving the game today that Grif really is poor. I don't know what or who we replace him with but at present he's a liability with is passing and his unwillingness/ inability of keeping close to a man.

Solid at the back and even though Duffy is not my favourite I have to say he had a decent game today.

Hugill is a natural goalscorer, a rare breed and we must nurture him carefully. Was smashing to see Popey give him a big hug and smile after his goal. Last season Tom would have buried at least 3 of those chances he had today but at least he's getting into the positions now.

3 -1, great result and if they are a supposed reasonable mid table team , then we have absolutely nowt to fear. Consolidation is exactly what we are doing and we will slowly start to believe in ourselves more and actually finish games off when we are on top!:yes:

I thought both Robertson and Duffy were top class today, especially Duffy who looks a better central defender than a full back.

Great goal by JMW but thought he was poor apart from that, I would rather see good quality balls into the box game in game out as opposed to a goal like that every 10 games.

Hughill took his goal well, certainly a good prospect and needs to be eased into the team , would like to see him with Hughes

Duffy at centre half was an absolute revelation today. Strong, intelligent and mobile. I've never rated him at RB but looks like excellent partner for Robbo at CB.

Hugill is a real prospect. I love his confidence. He came on and within a minute or so turned inside and hit a shot with his left foot that was blocked. He could have scored before his goal too with a side foot that was blocked inside the area. His goal was real quality. So composed to bring it from his right to left foot then curl it in.

Loft as ever was immense. Putting my head on the block but for me he's one ofthe top 5 midfielder in this division and can play at a higher level.

Shrewsbury were better second half but never really put Vale under any real pressure. Their ball retention was better than ours but going forward, we were by far the more dangerous team.

Excellent 3 points. Well done everyone.

Lofty ran himself into the ground today and was fantastic. So was Dicko, thought he had a cracker.

Sorry but I totally disagree with your view of Dickinson. Shrewsbury had acres of space on their right in the 2nd half and that was down to Dicko continually drifting into the centre of the pitch as they broke. At times Loft was dropping deeper to cover the left back position which left us short in midfield.

I thought Griff was fantastic in the first half, made some cracking challenges, seem to get a bit lost in the second half, Lines's delivery was very good but he needs protection in the middle to give him the time on the ball.... Neal was solid and didn't have a chance with there goal, thought Popey should have wrapped it up when he put his shot over the bar, chuffed for Hugil, not quite sure how his first effort didn't go in... Duffy did his chances no harm at with a solid display.

Can't agree with the comments saying Loft was outstanding today. He was ok but not at his best. His final ball was poor.

I thought the back four were very good. Robertson and Dicko included.

Lines impressed and the work-rate of the front two was prodigious (Pope and Williamson, who got manhandled all game).

Griff was poor. He stood off his man at times and gave away possession 2-3 times.

I'd say Robbo and Lines stood out for me - but what do I know?

Duffy was very good today thats why Exeter rated him very highly. Robbo was top notch too, A good partnership in the making. Lines was my motm, He made both goals first half with two quality passes. I think Griff was poor today especially second half and Pope had a poor game missing two sitters. Happy to see Hugil come on and took his goal very well. A deserved 3 points up the VALE.

Sorry but I totally disagree with your view of Dickinson. Shrewsbury had acres of space on their right in the 2nd half and that was down to Dicko continually drifting into the centre of the pitch as they broke. At times Loft was dropping deeper to cover the left back position which left us short in midfield.

A little harsh as I thought he was decent today but his defending for their goal was very poor. Its alarming how many goals we concede down his side of the field of play.

Good game today they came out second half a different team and made it difficult for us to play, but I was shocked at the lack of atmospheric support from vale very low key getting behind vale, hope this changes over the next few games cus it could play on the players minds that the fans are happy about somethinoy saying like but well done vale.

I think it will be very different next week......it will be a case of Find the Crwho fan

Atmosphere will be good and that's got to rub off on the team........can't wait

Archived