onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 3 - Shrewsbury 1 Post Match Discussions

Caz or caz123

Loft was top draw, what a player... Is it any wonder his final ball isn't great at times, the guys runs his absolute socks off - absolutely amazing, he inspires the whole team...

First 10 mins thought JMW was poor, but after that I thought he had a good game, ran his socks off and the goal... Awesome!!

Great team Peformance, I have to stick up for Griff a bit here, you folks have very short memories... Go back and read post match comments from other games, to say the things you have after 1 game is disgraceful, he had a great 1st half and yeah second half didn't have his best game but put himself about and won loads of headers. Give the guy a break!!! Not league 1 standard... Stupid comments!

Great 3 points, enjoyed the game greatly, well worth the entrance fee.

Them scoring gave the game more atmosphere, I thought they'd have brought more fans, but league positions dictate.

Crewho getting battered 5, ace! Let's just hope we go at them and batter them, was it not for their keeper and a goal line clearance we'd have won that by 5 today!

If I read the phrase 'you have short memories' again, I think I might cry.

Advert

Good points made there George, Vale played very well first half and although Shrews had a guilt-edged opportunity to pull one back on the stroke of half time the lad had no confidence and snatched at the shot.

Other than that, I thought they were very poor.

Second half and we should have wrapped it up but we handed them a lifeline and suddenly the ethos of the game altered in their favour. However they were unable to take advantage and well done Chrissy Birchall for having the sence to bide your time and pick out the right pass rather than a very speculative shot at goal.

Overall I thought Vale played with a lot of confidence and a number of players did their reputations no harm whatsoever. It's also great to see goals coming from all area's of the pitch and we now have 3 players already on 5 goals or more.

Three/four games coming up which I believe will have a great bearing on our season to come.

Well done Vale.

Sorry but Williamson just doesn't look like scoring, he runs around a lot but the end product is missing.

with regard to him and Hugill together you must have short memories because the two of them made no impression against Gillingham and it took our battering ram Mr Pope to turn the game around.

I think Pope and Hugill could be a great partnership though.

P.S My hero Popey should have scored two today but I know that he will be giving it 100% in every game he plays.

Williamson gives 100% every game as well. Pope is pedestrian and created nothing today. He held the ball up and played some nice link up play but he played nowhere near as well as Williamson. Williamson scared them to death with his touch and pace. I would play hugill and Williamson at Crewe. Pope missed two absolute sitters today. He has very little end product as well sometimes and today is a prime example.

There was one moment today that summed up what a class act Dicko is. They put a dangerous cross into the far post. Their player was right behind Dicko. Most players including those at ahigher level wwould have put it out for a corner. Dicko glanced the ball clear with his head, ran round their player then played a good ball down the line. Top class.

Defo Pope and Willo to start vs Crwho. Hugill to come on as and when. Yes popey missed a couple of very presentable chances but he's still a quality finisher.

Slightly worried bout Crwho game tthough. Just have a bad feeling. No reason. Hopefully proved wrong.

Should have been out of sight at half time bar a few top saves from Weale. Second half we got under the cosh a bit and the goal made it nervous but Hugill came on, holds the ball up well and took his goal superbly to mass relief.

We actually are a decent side at this level and maybe need to end the negatively and embrace the team we have... We are 9th in league one and almost 1/2 to safety way before 1/2 the season has passed.

The best football I've seen at VP this season in the first half. A bit worrying that we (yet again) dropped back and were less pressing for 20mins or so at the start of 2nd half and that allowed Shrewsbury to get back into the game! Three great goals though and 3 more precious points in the bag.

The best football I've seen at VP this season in the first half. A bit worrying that we (yet again) dropped back and were less pressing for 20mins or so at the start of 2nd half and that allowed Shrewsbury to get back into the game! Three great goals though and 3 more precious points in the bag.

Not just the second half - we backed off last ten minutes of the first half as well. Players looked like they were ready for their half time tea rather than putting Salop to the sword.

Never mind; in the end they were beaten by the better side. Long may it continue, starting with Crewe next week.

Ben Williamson also deserves credit and played very well today . I would have brought on hugill for pope and kept willo on.

I agree Ben was holding the ball up and it was noticeable that when he came off the ball didn't stick up front which meant we were under constant pressure.

Well played Duffy. Good talking and organizing all the way through. Lines was class again. Well played lads.

Question for Old Sage: would JMW have scored that goal had he have been played on his "natural side"? ;)

Cracking game. Some top notch performances today. Thought Duffy was superb at centre half.

Biggest disappointment for me was Griff. Though he was poor and has been poor for a few weeks now. To say he needs to be dropped is easy. To suggest who to replace him with, as a tough tackling centre midfielder, is not so easy.

Duffy deserves to keep his place and jmw too but he needs to keep his performances up because sometimes he goes missing. Great to see we have such competition from the bench too, Jones will be eager to prove himself along with Hugill and of course Tomlin is edging back to full fitness.

Archived