onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on Radio Stoke

For Us All

is it just me that thinks it's an absolute disgrace to see the chair of the supporters club trying to drum up numbers for another pointless meeting by insinuating that Smurf want's out, simply because she detected it in the tone of his voice in an interview? What are you going to discuss Ally? The next replacement for Smurf? Are you going to lead a consortium to take over?

Let's be honest, no matter what the outcome of yesterdays meeting the usual suspects on here would still be spouting the Smurf wants out. It is almost as though they want this to happen in the hope that it adds a bit of excitement to their lives. Somebody mentioned it yesterday that it is likely people would have been dusting off their black n gold merchandise if yesterdays meeting hadn't gone to plan.

Why can't people just let Smurf get on with his job instead of trying to read between the lines on every single comment, rumour or speculation that surrounds the club

If you have a point to make,if you are unhappy with the supporters club.You can always attend the open meeting and put you point forward.

Advert

I've just listened to the whole interview. I have to say it's probably the best interview I've heard from Smurf. He was much calmer and more sensible than he has been previously. The best bit he said re the Senile dispute - "There are no winners or losers in this situation".

Smurthwaite: "I need to find someone who has the attributes that I don't have, to help me take the club forward."

What about Paul Wildes?:)

Although, perhaps this is keeping him occupied http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/2013/10/11/paul-wildes-plans-major-racing-centre-for-helshaw-grance/

I think he might mean also willing to put their money in which it seems he wasn't,also according to some in the know wasn't it Wildes who left Smurf in a load of crap

We don't need a shot in the harm we need an effective CEO

He's not a CEO and from what i can gather never has been

I see nothing in what he's done before that would make him suitable; Bell ran the non-footballing side of things

We've been down the 'Vale legend' route before when it comes to apppointments and it's usually failed

He's been out of the game for some time

His presence would inevitably step on MA's toes

It risks damaging his fantastic legacy

I can see him as some sort of ambassador for the club but not involved in the running of the club..maybe he could help recruit a CEO

Anybody know what Legal Beagle is up to these days maybe he could put his name forward? didn't he help bring Hughes to the club

As has been stated on here, why don't we just employ a CEO with experience of running a football club. He or she could then knock the club into shape and take the weight off NS. We only have to look a couple of miles down the road to see how a successful chairman and CEO relationship can work (Peter Coates and Tony Scholes).

Presently we have an inexperienced chairman trying to do too much and with a somehwat mixed impact, and the same fairly inept back room staff that either sat back or took a direct role in buggering up the club in the MOLD era.

As has been stated on here, why don't we just employ a CEO with experience of running a football club. He or she could then knock the club into shape and take the weight off NS. We only have to look a couple of miles down the road to see how a successful chairman and CEO relationship can work (Peter Coates and Tony Scholes).

Presently we have an inexperienced chairman trying to do too much and with a somehwat mixed impact, and the same fairly inept back room staff that either sat back or took a direct role in buggering up the club in the MOLD era.

:clap::clap::clap:

Previous attempts to appoint a CEO have ended in expensive disaster. I believe that, like the playing staff, the back room staff should be home grown. I deeply resent the smearing of Vale staff who have tried to carry out the work of the club on the instructions of the chairman, whether that was Bratt, Bell or Smurthwaite. We need constructive suggestions and full support for the chairman, not personal abuse and squabbles. I'm sure there is plenty of work to be done to assist in the development of the supporters club if there are any volunteers.

For the record, I couldn't agree more with Boomer's Vet, the opinions, arguments, rumours and sheer volume of posts generated is incredible given that he is on the other side of the world and effectively has no involvement with the club. It's clear that a huge proportion of total posts on this website are generated by a tiny handful of people, therefore distorting what some assume to be the general consensus of the fan base. For mainly this reason, the site has become quite tedious in recent years. most threads end up in a slanging match between the same 10 posters repeatedly making the same points.

And I also agree that the comments from the supporters committee chairman are very unhelpful at this moment in time.

Can we just let the Smurf get on with his job for a while? I think more people are interested in politics than football.....

I agree with you 100 % very good post

Mick Cullerton? I think he could do a decent job, he speaks a lot of sense on the radio

That sounds a very good idea to me. You might want to suggest it more widely than just on this forum. I'd also consider having Mick as a spokesman to the press. BUT what does anyone else think?

Archived