onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on Radio Stoke

For Us All

Why doesn't he get John Rudge involved to help him out I think he would make an excellent Co-Director/CEO even on a part time basis wouldn't have to interfere with MIckys side of things but he would have the expertise that Smurf needs

It would be a great shot in the arm to everyone to see him come 'home' as he still in my opinion has a lot to offer

Come on Smurf make that call.....

Terrible idea

Advert

Why doesn't he get John Rudge involved to help him out I think he would make an excellent Co-Director/CEO even on a part time basis wouldn't have to interfere with MIckys side of things but he would have the expertise that Smurf needs

It would be a great shot in the arm to everyone to see him come 'home' as he still in my opinion has a lot to offer

We don't need a shot in the harm we need an effective CEO

He's not a CEO and from what i can gather never has been

I see nothing in what he's done before that would make him suitable; Bell ran the non-footballing side of things

We've been down the 'Vale legend' route before when it comes to apppointments and it's usually failed

He's been out of the game for some time

His presence would inevitably step on MA's toes

It risks damaging his fantastic legacy

I can see him as some sort of ambassador for the club but not involved in the running of the club..maybe he could help recruit a CEO

I also wonder what he actually get up to over there in Thailand? Considering the time difference he must sleep during their daylight hours and stay awake at night so he can post on onevalefan during British hours.

Just for you...

I wake about 6.30am unless my heart is having a bad day then it may be earlier, I have breakfast around 7.30 and decide what I fancy doing for the day, then I do it. Its as simple as that, I am in a fortunate position of pleasing myself what I do, when I do it and why. The exception is [as above] if my heart rate decides to jump from its usual 47BPM-52BPM to 150BPM-200BPM, sometimes higher. When that happens I dont do anything except take the medication and wait, if it doesnt subside after a given period I have to get to a hospital. These events happen about once a month on average but the rest of the time Im free to do what I please, which is usually a holiday every 3 months, fishing, few days at the coast, floating in a pool [you should see my impression of Moby Di.. richard], sampling the local fruit, lozaking in a hammock and various other stuff... its a good life.

Now can we stay on topic please.

right on cue, the King of Port Vale smearing, Mr Alan Baker MP. Has Ms Caroline Oakes been made aware of this thread yet?

What useful topics are going to be on the agenda for the Supporters Club meeting this time Alan?

You sound very bitter and twisted..... can we stay on topic please?

Just for you...

I wake about 6.30am unless my heart is having a bad day then it may be earlier, I have breakfast around 7.30 and decide what I fancy doing for the day, then I do it. Its as simple as that, I am in a fortunate position of pleasing myself what I do, when I do it and why. The exception is [as above] if my heart rate decides to jump from its usual 47BPM-52BPM to 150BPM-200BPM, sometimes higher. When that happens I dont do anything except take the medication and wait, if it doesnt subside after a given period I have to get to a hospital. These events happen about once a month on average but the rest of the time Im free to do what I please, which is usually a holiday every 3 months, fishing, few days at the coast, floating in a pool [you should see my impression of Moby Di.. richard], sampling the local fruit, lozaking in a hammock and various other stuff... its a good life.

Now can we stay on topic please.

Thanks Geo. Fair play you have lots of time on your hands, especially if sampling local fruit has become a daily activity for you.

Thanks Geo. Fair play you have lots of time on your hands' date=' especially if sampling local fruit has become a daily activity for you.[/quote']

You have to get your 5 a day and its so much easier when the garden is full of them :yes:

Just in case your interested we have a wide range of fruit growing in the gardens, from Jackfruit to limes, bananas, pineapples, mango, dragon fruit, papaya and many more, we even have sugar cane.

The garden around the house is about 0.4 of an acre, we have a garden by the lake about 0.33 of an acre and a similar one on the edge of the forested area at one end of the village and another about 4.5 acres at the other end, then there is the farm but thats just rice, there is a small river that runs down one side with some interesting fish in... and no I dont do gardening or farming.

right on cue, the King of Port Vale smearing, Mr Alan Baker MP. Has Ms Caroline Oakes been made aware of this thread yet?

What useful topics are going to be on the agenda for the Supporters Club meeting this time Alan?

I've asked it before and I'll ask it again.

What is wrong with you?

Where would Norman get his advice from? Other football club chairmen or even their CEOs, business/football consultants? Usually owners have either been club directors or employ a CEO or business manager. Will he prefer a hands-on operation with department heads reporting to him, or will he be happy to appoint a CEO in charge of all aspects including MA`s responsibilities. Who would determine the overall budget of the club?

Archived