onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on Radio Stoke

For Us All

Advert

Apologies for another thread, but noticed Ally from the supporters has raised it on FB to discuss tomorrow night, so thought it was important for a separate thread.

Notice Smurf was on Radio Stoke this morning, I didn't hear it Live but heard bits from the Audio link off Lee Blakemman. From that he came across as being honest about making mistakes and relishing his failings. Ie Twitter, occasional outbursts. A couple of Lee's tweets:

Lee Blakeman (@LeeBlakeman)

06/11/2013 09:48

Norman Smurthwaite speaks to BBC Radio Stoke audioboo.fm/boos/1709195-n… via @audioboo

06/11/2013 09:24

Smurthwaite: I don't know how long I'll be at Port #Vale but when I do leave it'll be in a much better place than when I bought it #PVFC

06/11/2013 09:36

Smurthwaite: I need to find someone who has the attributes that I don't have, to help me take the club forward #PVFC #Vale

Download the official Twitter app here

Sent from my iPad

The below is copied off Ally on FB

Ally Simcock

Not sure how many if you heard Norman Smurthwaite's radio interview this morning, but it sounds as though he's reached breaking point and is looking to move on or get a partner. I'm urging you all to listen to the interview on I player (approx 8:35 today) and then attend tomorrow nights meeting to work out where we go from here. Tommy Cheadle's 7:30pm.

Like · · Unfollow Post · 31 minutes ago near Hanley

Smurf admits he needs help and i hope employs a person who like himself is committed to the Club......And then they get their heads together and sort ALL the backroom Staff out individually.....And employ ONLY the Staff they believe are prepared to take our great little Club forward.......

Smurf admits he needs help and i hope employs a person who like himself is committed to the Club......And then they get their heads together and sort ALL the backroom Staff out individually.....And employ ONLY the Staff they believe are prepared to take our great little Club forward.......

All positive stuff.

The statement from the Chair of the Supporters Club seems a little bit of an overreaction. She's making big assumptions based on listening to a radio interview where moving on was never mentioned.

Where do we go from here? Simple wherever Smurthwaite and his new partner or the new owner (if he chooses to sell) takes us :)

Any merit in a short term advisory committee until he can get a partner or football business manager in?

All positive stuff.

The statement from the Chair of the Supporters Club seems a little bit of an overreaction. She's making big assumptions based on listening to a radio interview where moving on was never mentioned.

Where do we go from here? Simple wherever Smurthwaite and his new partner or the new owner (if he chooses to sell) takes us :)

I think you will find that Ally our SC Chair is in touch with Norman on a very regular basis....So i think her comments are a bit nearer the facts than a Radio interview.....;)

I think you will find that Ally our SC Chair is in touch with Norman on a very regular basis....So i think her comments are a bit nearer the facts than a Radio interview.....;)

Ally's comments are entirely reasonable given what I heard. We need someone like her at the helm of the SC.

You're assuming Ally's making assumptions, and that what she has written is based soley on Norman's radio interview today.

is it just me that thinks it's an absolute disgrace to see the chair of the supporters club trying to drum up numbers for another pointless meeting by insinuating that Smurf want's out, simply because she detected it in the tone of his voice in an interview? What are you going to discuss Ally? The next replacement for Smurf? Are you going to lead a consortium to take over?

Let's be honest, no matter what the outcome of yesterdays meeting the usual suspects on here would still be spouting the Smurf wants out. It is almost as though they want this to happen in the hope that it adds a bit of excitement to their lives. Somebody mentioned it yesterday that it is likely people would have been dusting off their black n gold merchandise if yesterdays meeting hadn't gone to plan.

Why can't people just let Smurf get on with his job instead of trying to read between the lines on every single comment, rumour or speculation that surrounds the club

Archived