onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on Radio Stoke

For Us All

Advert

I think it probably is

Here he is - Thailand's number one Vale fan. The consistent theme with this guy is his constant attempts to stoke up trouble with 'board room politics' along with putting a negative slant on all things Mick Adams. For somebody that lives so far away and never goes to any matches, I fail to see how anything he says on these matters can be valid.

I also wonder what he actually get up to over there in Thailand? Considering the time difference he must sleep during their daylight hours and stay awake at night so he can post on onevalefan during British hours.

All positive stuff.

The statement from the Chair of the Supporters Club seems a little bit of an overreaction. She's making big assumptions based on listening to a radio interview where moving on was never mentioned.

Where do we go from here? Simple wherever Smurthwaite and his new partner or the new owner (if he chooses to sell) takes us :)

I agree with you. Whether Norman stays, goes, brings someone else in to ease his burden are all decisions that will be taken by him alone--there's nothing the supporters' club nor anyone else (unless they have a big pot of money or expertise) can do to alter that! Hopefully he will carry out his promise to ensure that the club, should he decide to leave, will be left in a better position than when he took over.

Here he is - Thailand's number one Vale fan. The consistent theme with this guy is his constant attempts to stoke up trouble with 'board room politics' along with putting a negative slant on all things Mick Adams. For somebody that lives so far away and never goes to any matches, I fail to see how anything he says on these matters can be valid.

I also wonder what he actually get up to over there in Thailand? Considering the time difference he must sleep during their daylight hours and stay awake at night so he can post on onevalefan during British hours.

You asked the question and he answered. Just for the record I agree with him.

Move on this thread isn't about a SC meeting.

Paul Wildes would be perfect. All the attributes that Smurth is missing. Just a shame he wasn't willing to match Smuths investment.

Well this is the thing. Smurthwaite didn't agree with Wildes plans to take the club forward which is where the ultimatum came from.

Either he finds an investor or someone he is willing to trust.

Here he is - Thailand's number one Vale fan. The consistent theme with this guy is his constant attempts to stoke up trouble with 'board room politics' along with putting a negative slant on all things Mick Adams. For somebody that lives so far away and never goes to any matches' date=' I fail to see how anything he says on these matters can be valid. [/quote']

He's posting on a Vale forum not sitting in the Vale boardroom..it's just his opinions

And so what if he does? ;)

He's posting on a Vale forum not sitting in the Vale boardroom..it's just his opinions

For the record, I couldn't agree more with Boomer's Vet, the opinions, arguments, rumours and sheer volume of posts generated is incredible given that he is on the other side of the world and effectively has no involvement with the club. It's clear that a huge proportion of total posts on this website are generated by a tiny handful of people, therefore distorting what some assume to be the general consensus of the fan base. For mainly this reason, the site has become quite tedious in recent years. most threads end up in a slanging match between the same 10 posters repeatedly making the same points.

And I also agree that the comments from the supporters committee chairman are very unhelpful at this moment in time.

Can we just let the Smurf get on with his job for a while? I think more people are interested in politics than football.....

Why doesn't he get John Rudge involved to help him out I think he would make an excellent Co-Director/CEO even on a part time basis wouldn't have to interfere with MIckys side of things but he would have the expertise that Smurf needs

It would be a great shot in the arm to everyone to see him come 'home' as he still in my opinion has a lot to offer

Come on Smurf make that call.....

Why doesn't he get John Rudge involved to help him out I think he would make an excellent Co-Director/CEO even on a part time basis wouldn't have to interfere with MIckys side of things but he would have the expertise that Smurf needs

It would be a great shot in the arm to everyone to see him come 'home' as he still in my opinion has a lot to offer

Come on Smurf make that call.....

Fantastic idea. Unlikely to happen though.

For the record, I couldn't agree more with Boomer's Vet, the opinions, arguments, rumours and sheer volume of posts generated is incredible given that he is on the other side of the world and effectively has no involvement with the club.

So? Are you suegesting that the number of posts should be proportional to ones distance from Burslem? He's just interested in lots of vVale related subjkects and in my experience when you're out of the loop somewhat you don't get opportunities to discuss it with fellow vale fans other than on forums such as this.

It's clear that a huge proportion of total posts on this website are generated by a tiny handful of people, therefore distorting what some assume to be the general consensus of the fan base.

I would hope that no one would take what's posted on here as the consensus of the fan base, I know I don't

For mainly this reason, the site has become quite tedious in recent years. most threads end up in a slanging match between the same 10 posters repeatedly making the same points.

It does often cpome down to the same highly motivated and opinionated people continuing debates

Can we just let the Smurf get on with his job for a while? I think more people are interested in politics than football.....

I think more are interested in football than politics but when you're an exile and don't get to see the football and don't get the chance to discuss it with your mates down the pub or at the match then this is where you discuss things.

Archived