onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope transfer listed.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Tuppence ha'penny a week in wages ain't going to pay the mortgage though.

I agree with Ben.. a Tony Naylor type is what we need. Some pace and trickery up front.

That kind of player is pretty hard to get having just finished mid table in the 4th division, have no manager and no money.

I think it would be foolhardy to consider Pope until the Stafford night club affair is sorted.

I agree. Also Pope is a league 2 striker who offered us some height but I also agree we need a Naylor like figure not another target man. It shows the problems though - no manager, board uncertainty, miss out on players?===

I hope he signs for us, I know he wants to

But do we really need the likes of Tom and Gary Roberts at the club Ant? While i appreciate he's a local lad and a vale fan, he seems unable to put his career ahead of drinking and fighting. In my opinion we have far too many players of that ilk at PVFC and we could do with afew more who do some justice to a career that most of us would do anything to play professionally.

But do we really need the likes of Tom and Gary Roberts at the club Ant? While i appreciate he's a local lad and a vale fan, he seems unable to put his career ahead of drinking and fighting. In my opinion we have far too many players of that ilk at PVFC and we could do with afew more who do some justice to a career that most of us would do anything to play professionally.

tom's not the bad influence in my opinion

Far far better players then him will be available this summer. If being a vale fan is enough get you in the team then I should get a game. Too often in trouble and too fond of his nights out, would be a very poor signing.

Great as we would have Yates possibly Sutton (if a new manager wants to keep him) and Pope all Vale fans and will have some passion we've been lacking... but do we need a 3rd big forward who also doesnt score many goals?

Thats been the problem this season the two Richards are just to similar and by Christmas teams had figured out how to handle them

Its vital that local lads play for the club if they are good enough, however Pope brings the same baggage as Roberts did, it would be last chance saloon for yet another mediocre player who cant see that fans want to see commitment on the pitch and whilst the fans dont want 'Angels' off the pitch they do want players to respect and apprieciate the club, fans and honoured position they are in. personally I feel Pope and Roberts dont deserve another chance at PVFC , once bitten twice shy

Archived