onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope transfer listed.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

But do we really need the likes of Tom and Gary Roberts at the club Ant? While i appreciate he's a local lad and a vale fan, he seems unable to put his career ahead of drinking and fighting. In my opinion we have far too many players of that ilk at PVFC and we could do with afew more who do some justice to a career that most of us would do anything to play professionally.

Pope had one incident...hardly putting drinking before his career. You never had a beer whilst you had a job. That was a one off!

Pope had one incident...hardly putting drinking before his career. You never had a beer whilst you had a job. That was a one off!

A one off that followed nearly getting sent down for affray?

Guest Sandyfordvalefan

I liked pope when he played for us but we need professioanl who do a job, not turn up when they feel like it.

Our main problem this season has been lack of goals so we need one of two things:

A proven goalscorer who will net 20 goals next season or

some pace up front as we were sadly lacking this in 2010/11.

All our main strikers Rico & Rico & Pope (when he was here) have no pace so we need a nippy forward who can get onto the knock-ons etc. All the teams who went up have this:

Chesterfield - Davies, Bury - Ajose, Wycombe - Rendell.

I'd prefer Pope to Justin but a pacey forward should be a priority. The trouble is will the new Manager know this ?

Surely you jest, you are either a mate of his or you are assuming there was 1 incident, i like Popey but he would seriously have to prove himself in a pre-season, even then he would be on a short contract, much the same as Roberts if he stays, as people have said a lot better players will be released soon.

Surely you jest, you are either a mate of his or you are assuming there was 1 incident, i like Popey but he would seriously have to prove himself in a pre-season, even then he would be on a short contract, much the same as Roberts if he stays, as people have said a lot better players will be released soon.

Not at all, I liked Pope at Vale, and he always gave 100% when he played! He made that one mistake (when he wasn't even playing for us) and you lot are chastising him! Pope and Rico look useful but asgree we need a fast forward to compliment them.

Guest Tony Dyche

Lets wait and see what happens with

a) The EGM

b) The "Stafford Incident"...

If all goes well, he may be a decent addition to our squad, but he will never score hat fulls of goals so will eventually get the same treatment as many before him at Vale who do not see the bigger picture of a second strikers role.

Far far better players then him will be available this summer. If being a vale fan is enough get you in the team then I should get a game. Too often in trouble and too fond of his nights out, would be a very poor signing.

Still on about Pope there or yourself ;)

Archived