onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tranmere 0 Vale 1 - Post Match Comments

yorky valiant

Birchall is not a winger. First half the lad that was sent off had him in his pocket bar the rash challenge in the box. Second half he got nothing out of Goodison.

Looked ok when he was picking up the ball in the middle though. He's no use on the wing though.

He's not being played as a winger though, more of a right sided midfielder.

Just a note about the header from Lofty that put Birchall through it was perfect and showed great vision. Just as well thet it went to him as he didn't have the pace to get away from the chasing defender getting caught and their guy sent off. Has we scored the penalty it would have been much easier on the nerves last few.

Advert

I thought we played better against 11 men than we did against 10.

When the opposition goes a man down the mentality of the game changes and both game plans go out of the window. Clever managers who can adapt in these situations are the ones who earn their money.

I thought we played better against 11 men than we did against 10.

When the opposition goes a man down the mentality of the game changes and both game plans go out of the window. Clever managers who can adapt in these situations are the ones who earn their money.

My only concern was that we seemed to be putting in an awful lot of effort on the 1st half, almost like we were playing for a new manager. I'm not certain how much longer we could keep that up. Big relief for me when they went down to 10 and would have been far happier had we scored the pen. They would have had to come at us much earlier giving Willo a bit more time and space to get in behind them. Really need to start taking our chances when we get them.

Should have been 6 or 7 to us if we could finish something. Out shooting was nothing short of woeful, pope and loft both missed a few, pope had 2 or 3 clear chances and a penalty. Game should have been over before the penalty. We need to start taking our chances against the better sides as our misses will be punished. Anyway it was a thoroughly deserved 3 points against a really bad side, saw many league 2 sides better than them last season.

Neal 7 couple of decent saves.

Yates 6 worst I've seen him this season.

Robertson 7 solid

Chilvers 8 very good game.

Dickinson 7 solid.

Birchall 5, thought he was pretty poor to be honest.

Loft 7 lots of energy and running at tranmere shame about his finishing.

Lines 8. Weak first half and an excellent second half with a great goal.

Griffith 9 I've been very critical of griff but he was my man of the match. First half was brilliant, his tackling as usual good but his passing and actual skill on the ball was great, great performance.

Williamson 7 looked dangerous as usual, still don't think he will score enough though.

Pope 5 struggled didnt win that many headers missed a fair few excellent chances and to top it off a poor penalty.

Subs

JMW 5 poor, dribbling in your own half with 5 mins to go isn't what you want to see.

Hughes 6, could have and should have scored.

Tranmere will be going down.

I don't think that I've seen a more accurate match report, ever. I agree with every word.

I could have saved myself 80 quid and waited for your comments!!!!

I'm beginning to wonder whether I went yesterday? BBC have them with the lion share of possession, Ronnie Moore seems to think they were the better team and very unlucky, the Tranmere forum reckon we used all our seasons luck in one game !!

I know I went with rose coloured spectacles on, but Christ please tell me it should have finished 1 - 4.

I'm beginning to wonder whether I went yesterday? BBC have them with the lion share of possession, Ronnie Moore seems to think they were the better team and very unlucky, the Tranmere forum reckon we used all our seasons luck in one game !!

I know I went with rose coloured spectacles on, but Christ please tell me it should have finished 1 - 4.

I know baffling !!! We murdered them first half. They only looked dangerous because they thought sod it might as well go for it if we lose 3-0 so be it.

On the football league show it said Ronnie Moore felt hard done by.I think they should have scored 2 but we should gave scored 9.

He's also made this quote on their official site: "The lad Griffiths for them is what we need, that type of player who reads it, heads it and kicks it. As a team member that's the type of player we need."

A much maligned but necessary player for us. I for one am glad he came back to Vale.

Wasn't there yesterday so can't really comment on the game, except to say another great result & 3 more points on the board. Just been reading the Tranmere forum though & there's a few of their fans drooling over Griffs performance. To those who were there, was he that good yesterday?

"What we need is a player like Vale's No. 21 ... muscular,aggressive,athletic,great passer,brilliant header,read the game so well - totally dominated the first half and caused us massive problems.

It was only in the second half that Power put a slight rein on him .... but what a player.... and that basically is what this team is missing."

Oh & as to why Pope didn't score his penno? This from Fon Williams. Fair play for remembering.

"He took it well, fair play to him.

"But I remembered we played Port Vale here in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy in my first year here and he put it that way then. I thought he'd go there again and he did. I saved it then and I saved it again today so that was quite pleasing."

Wasn't there yesterday so can't really comment on the game, except to say another great result & 3 more points on the board. Just been reading the Tranmere forum though & there's a few of their fans drooling over Griffs performance. To those who were there, was he that good yesterday?

"What we need is a player like Vale's No. 21 ... muscular,aggressive,athletic,great passer,brilliant header,read the game so well - totally dominated the first half and caused us massive problems.

It was only in the second half that Power put a slight rein on him .... but what a player.... and that basically is what this team is missing."

Oh & as to why Pope didn't score his penno? This from Fon Williams. Fair play for remembering.

"He took it well, fair play to him.

"But I remembered we played Port Vale here in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy in my first year here and he put it that way then. I thought he'd go there again and he did. I saved it then and I saved it again today so that was quite pleasing."

Yeah griff was outstanding. There keeper was decent as well. Pope got a decent connection but was at the perfect hight for the keeper.

Very pleasing seeing people lapping up their humble pie regarding Griff.

I hate saying "I told you so", but **** it. I told you so. Great player for our squad and a real asset to the team. Still, I'm sure some people would still prefer Sam Morsy.

I for one was very surprised that he had that kind of performance in his locker. He's always done a job, one that I didnt feel was needed, but yesterday he seemed so much calmer and classier on the ball. Should have had a few assists if we could finish. Hopefully he keeps them performance up, really allows lines to push on as well

I for one was very surprised that he had that kind of performance in his locker. He's always done a job, one that I didnt feel was needed, but yesterday he seemed so much calmer and classier on the ball. Should have had a few assists if we could finish. Hopefully he keeps them performance up, really allows lines to push on as well
Surely down to coaching and management, developing and getting the most out of a players, is the difference between promotion and relegation in a tight league. There are a few big clubs in this league, but most are similar to the Vale, we should be nearer the top than the bottom by the end of the season.

I'm calling him Griffiesta after yesterdays performance. I really didn't think he had that sort of passing ability in his locker, but one of his through balls in the first half was sublime. My midfield this season would now consist of Lines, Loft, Griff and A N Other depending on who we were playing.

I'm calling him Griffiesta after yesterdays performance. I really didn't think he had that sort of passing ability in his locker, but one of his through balls in the first half was sublime. My midfield this season would now consist of Lines, Loft, Griff and A N Other depending on who we were playing.

Agree with that midfield. Depending on who we are playing for the other but I do like JMW so he'd prob be the 4th for me. Can't believe some people weren't fussed about Loft staying or going in the pre-season. Player of the Year season before last, not his best season last year but still did well and a promotion winning captain. Now this season he has been very good again. Cracking player in my opinion!

Agree with that midfield. Depending on who we are playing for the other but I do like JMW so he'd prob be the 4th for me. Can't believe some people weren't fussed about Loft staying or going in the pre-season. Player of the Year season before last, not his best season last year but still did well and a promotion winning captain. Now this season he has been very good again. Cracking player in my opinion!

I was one of them, and I'm pleased I'm eating humble pie. He has stepped up this season, more so than I thought he was capable of. I'll put on a couple of stone if he continues in this vein :D

Archived