onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Limited edition shirt

Lord P G Blakely

Advert

Oh dear...

I wonder when the next round or rumours will start?...

I can imagine that he may very well be busy.But I really don't think that it's a lot to ask for an update on when we can expect these shirts to be delivered.With a reply like that its not going to help the situation or ease people's frustration.

I dont use twitter, I have never had a response to emails sent directly to the club and I have been told smurf reads this site so....

Smurf... You may have important issues to resolve but that should not affect the contracts entered into with customers, they too have issues to deal with but the onus is being shoveled onto their shoulders to resolve the issues regarding the shirts.

Most are simply asking for some communication regarding the shirts they paid £55 for 6 months ago, asking to be kept informed isnt unreasonable.

It would be far more inconvenient if a large number were to apply to the small claims court claiming breech of contract and far more expensive.

I think you are playing on your customers loyalty to the club, its never a good thing to do, you may need it at some point.

I dont use twitter, I have never had a response to emails sent directly to the club and I have been told smurf reads this site so....

Smurf... You may have important issues to resolve but that should not affect the contracts entered into with customers, they too have issues to deal with but the onus is being shoveled onto their shoulders to resolve the issues regarding the shirts.

Most are simply asking for some communication regarding the shirts they paid £55 for 6 months ago, asking to be kept informed isnt unreasonable.

It would be far more inconvenient if a large number were to apply to the small claims court claiming breech of contract and far more expensive.

I think you are playing on your customers loyalty to the club, its never a good thing to do, you may need it at some point.

Spot on!

It doesn't exactly encourage me to go spending at the vale when they've still got my £55

Spot on!

It doesn't exactly encourage me to go spending at the vale when they've still got my £55

I love Vale and Norman but I totally agree with you and geosname on this farce.

Can't have it all ways, he'll learn that from Vale fans! We want and will keep loyalty but this has dragged on and on......

Glad I didn't order one now, but if I had I wouldn't be very happy. It seems the club are staying very quiet on this issue, only making statements when forced to. The reasons given for the delays don't really stack up now, could it be more a question of money? i.e the club need to pay for the shirts but the money has gone or been spent elsewhere? The cynic in me showing i'm afraid.

In fairness I have seen the sample shirts (2 diff ones) so they are being done. I'd suggest its a supplier problem ie timescales as look how long it took for the home shirt last season which was meant to be ready in October to buy but dragged on until late November.

I don't get the difficultly of it though the shirt I saw was basically a short sleeved version of the blue goalie kit Neal wears with the names on which is done the same way as The design on the back of the home kit!

I'm actually extremely disappointed with Normans twitter comments....

If I was purchasing goods off a company and they didn't arrive and they came out with a comment along the lines of "I wish customers would give me a break...the company has far more pressing issues to deal with"...I would be fuming!...I personally do care about the other issues at vale but a lot of people don't and they shouldn't be expected to...They're just a customer paying over their hard earned cash...some of the individuals aren't even vale fans...they've purchased the shirts as presents for relatives. Why would they be interested in the goings on at vale park and the 'other issues'!??

Norman, I've given you nothing but praise since you came to Vale but your comments are ridiculously disrespectful to the people who have paid over their hard earned cash....£55 is a lot of money to some people.

I personally understand if there are logistical issues...however, you can't ask people to 'give you a break' when you are treating customers (not fans...customers) so unprofessionally.

Archived