onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Limited edition shirt

Lord P G Blakely

I had a little moan and got this (as part of reply) -

"It is not possible for ourselves to announce a specific date for the arrival of the shirts, issue that arise and the manufactures end could effect this date, also the shirts come from China and can take from one day to a full week to clear customs. Other issue can affect the delivery once it arrives in England, such as the position in the delivery order and road accidents. It is simply not fair set a date we could not 100% stick to"

Advert

"It is not possible for ourselves to announce a specific date for the arrival of the shirts, issue that arise and the manufactures end could effect this date, also the shirts come from China and can take from one day to a full week to clear customs. Other issue can affect the delivery once it arrives in England, such as the position in the delivery order and road accidents. It is simply not fair set a date we could not 100% stick to"

The perils of sourcing custom products from the other side of the world.

Didnt they set some kind of date when they sold them?

Its about the worst excuse for none delivery Ive heard... road accidents?... personally Ive sent containers to the UK, 14 days door to door

Six Months after I placed my order,

The club should be able to tell us if the production of the shirts has started.

If they haven't started to produce the shirts, what date are they expected to commence? If they have started to produce the shirts what date will the shirts be completed?

If the shirts have been completed, are they still at the factory, stored in a warehouse waiting to be loaded onto a container or are they in the container & waiting to be shipped or is the container on board ship & expected to dock at Purfleet, Tilbury etc "on such and such" a date...... etc, etc.

It really is that easy to keep customers updated nowadays with tracking of containers/air freight so experience tells me that something is amiss especially as the club don't appear to know ANYTHING!!!..........

The last container I sent was from Thailand, I spent 1 month traveling across country finding manufacturers and products of suitable items, all hand made, 85% made to order. I sent photos and emails on a daily basis for the customer to decide which products he required. It took a further month to order and manufacture the goods, items from hand carved wooden fish, hand carved bone and horn to large pieces of furniture and get them delivered to the shipping company [who pre book container space in advance] and just over 2 weeks to ship door to door from Chiang Mai to the UK... any problems or glitches, and there were a few, the customer was informed immediately, useful thing email.

The circumstances of the shirt order are different, presumably they were ordered from a supplier not the manufacturer directly, it is difficult to guess whats gone wrong, but something obviously has, but it appears the supplier isnt very good and the club are accepting it on a "it will arrive when it arrives" basis... it makes you wonder on what basis the order was placed.

The lack of a reasoned and timetabled response from Vale is what is winding most up here.

Clearly there is a BIG problem and Vale are trying their best to hide that from us, possibly in the hope we will accept any old tripe as excuses.

Time has now dragged on ridiculously and still we haven't had a full and proper statement. Yes there must be some sort of contract struck for these shirts and are Vale being taken for a massive ride or is it us customers/fans who are the idiots?

Apologies for going on about "just a shirt or two" but we are now in the land of fantasy regarding this whole business. Money was taken easily enough and someone has COCKED UP. Come on tell us the truth and give a fair and honest appraisal of what's happened/happening!!!!!:mad:

Despite all the possible delays etc there surely is a PLANNED delivery date..why not tell those that have paid for the shirts what thay date is but then put all the caveats on it. The above response is basically "We haven't got a clue and to be honest if 'Chelle in the office is out the day they arrive they might all get sent back to China anyway"

I'm a forgiving person and accept that problems/issues arise...that's life...as long as I'm being communicated with and the relevant apologies are made I will be understanding.

What I can't accept is how £55,000 has been taken off customers for a product and there is no/very little communication from the club regarding the tracking of these items...Every customer should've had a letter or email regarding the situation by now...at the very least!...but we've had no direct communication.

If this was purchased off an unknown supplier online we would all be assuming we had been 'done' and the product would never arrive...we would be on to our credit card companies straight away.

I hate moaners...especially vale moaners...but this needs to be addressed asap.

"If this was purchased off an unknown supplier online we would all be assuming we had been 'done' and the product would never arrive...we would be on to our credit card companies straight away."

Hmmm..I wonder how long it will be before one customer pursues that..or something similar. I'm not an expert but I would have thought an 'open ended' delivery date is under normal circumstances worthy of further investigation

But I hope no one goes down that route

Archived