onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on SKY

JOHNNYAITCH

It's not up to us though is it, its up to the product on the pitch, good performances and results will naturally attract the supporters,this fortress talk makes me smile Vale Park has not been a fortress since Gordon Lees's days.

Surely we have a part to play though and surely when things are at their worst that's when fans show their true colours (as we have seen over the past coupole of years)? It's easy to go and watch when what's on the pitch is good

I think his point really is we're on the up, no reason to think that we're not going to do well so no excuses not to turn up..each to their own but no excuses such as 'we're cr@p, I'm not paying to watch that rubbish'...not yet anyway!! :)

Advert

Thanks UV, got there in the end, a very good interview by a down to earth business man, no bull or half promises, what you see is what you get, looking forward to the Brentford game,use that as a benchmark we're up against a team who missed out on promotion by a whisker.

The man is a STAR,if Vale fans cannot get behind the club now,it will spoil everything that has been achieved last season.Stop moaning,bring on League 1.Come on down to Vale Park and roar us on to the Championship.

It's fair to say Smurf and also Wildes have worked miracles for the Club so far. Hats off to the pair of them.

Some fans on this messageboard have criticised certain things not happening so quickly off the pitch (such as Ticketmaster scheme etc); but let's not forget PVFC was in utter disarray from 10 years of awful mismanagement from the previous regime. That inevitably has and will take time to heal.

Onwards and upwards though. I can't remember the last time I was as excited and looking forward to the Football season returning as this one, certainly where Vale are concerned. Build the buzz.:yes:

The man is a STAR,if Vale fans cannot get behind the club now,it will spoil everything that has been achieved last season.Stop moaning,bring on League 1.Come on down to Vale Park and roar us on to the Championship.

My only fear is that he, just like the majority of Vale fans, have lost track of history.

He mentions the support a hell of a lot.

Even at our highest championship days we were averaging around 9000.

With no expectation and in divison 4, last season we averaged 6000ish.

There are not many stay aways left to convince to come back, if any.

I expect an average of around 7000+ for this season and that will be a great achievement.

My only fear is that he, just like the majority of Vale fans, have lost track of history.

He mentions the support a hell of a lot.

Even at our highest championship days we were averaging around 9000.

With no expectation and in divison 4, last season we averaged 6000ish.

There are not many stay aways left to convince to come back, if any.

I expect an average of around 7000+ for this season and that will be a great achievement.

I had heard we had sold 8000 tickets for Saturdays game. If true then that puts us back in the championship days and no more to come back. I was thinking similar to but more around 7,500 for this seasons average which would be good for Vale. Some are fooled by gates from the Burton and Northampton games. They were good, would love them more often. But we need be more realistic. Anything bigger and we need be attracting new fans.

My worry is we get off to a bad start, not just the result but the attitude and teamwork, it will damage the momentum, whereas one great performance will boost it enormously.... on the other hand I know we will perform on the day... silly I know

Archived