onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green R v Port Vale

Fosse69

Concentrating on collecting points, away from the distractions of the transfer window, is the priority. 4 wins this month look easier than they did in December, but football is uncertain at this level. As usual, one game at a time, expectations for our first league game at FGR must be high, injuries again cause changes and maybe the first league game for Regis? Lets start another run, UTV.

Advert

I can't see many changes from what hes played over Christmas. Maybe bring Worral in. You can't argue with the results we've had but that combination of Worral and Gibbons (if he even gets in the starting 11 depending on Anderson) has been one of the plus points of the season IMO.

I can't see many changes from what hes played over Christmas. Maybe bring Worral in. You can't argue with the results we've had but that combination of Worral and Gibbons (if he even gets in the starting 11 depending on Anderson) has been one of the plus points of the season IMO.
I believe Anderson has a broken nose, so we will have to see.

December was a remarkable month.

What a transformation.

In the last 6 games, we have kept 3 clean sheets and conceded three single goals.

I think the Notts game was one too far and too soon to maintain the high energy levels.

The rest of the season, bar Exeter in February and Easter, is Saturday only, so longer recovery and preparation times.

I think Aspo has earned the right for a longer view on the job now.

His crisis management has been outstanding.

I am very confident of a comfortable mid table finish as things settle further and a long awaited stability emerges.

Just keep building from these impressive foundations and thanks for allowing some enjoyment to return to Vale Park.

First of two huge games that on paper we should be looking to win.. 4 points minimum required, if we beat FGR we will be 14 clear of them (assuming Barnet lose or Chesterfield we could be 13 or 14 clear of the drop an all but out of it).

FGR like to play it out the back so if we play our high press as we did against Luton, on their small pitch we should get plenty of joy, forcing errors.

I was beginning to enjoy the football again after the Luton game but reality has struck again. Despite the promises of stability, learning by our mistakes, resolving the wrongs in the transfer window etc. at the first opportunity we have gone cheapskate again and lost a valuable squad member. From a relatively settled back four we now have one who has left, one with a broken nose and one who is a relative unknown at centre back in Davis, plus a young right back who is a bit off the pace after a four match ban. Davis was just beginning to do OK at right back and now has been moved across. Doesn't bode well for the FGR game really.

I was beginning to enjoy the football again after the Luton game but reality has struck again. Despite the promises of stability, learning by our mistakes, resolving the wrongs in the transfer window etc. at the first opportunity we have gone cheapskate again and lost a valuable squad member. From a relatively settled back four we now have one who has left, one with a broken nose and one who is a relative unknown at centre back in Davis, plus a young right back who is a bit off the pace after a four match ban. Davis was just beginning to do OK at right back and now has been moved across. Doesn't bode well for the FGR game really.

Davis has done well in the last few games, but I still think Gibbons is the better option at right back than Davis. Hes not the long term answer there.

Its a pity Gunning has gone, I thought he'd done a good job for us at left back, but so has Pugh when hes played there. All it does now is maybe leave us a little short in cover with only Davis and Kay who can play at centre half.

You talk a load of tripe! Gunning was average at best and is only popular because he’s nuts! Anderson is the better centre back and we will surely be bringing in a left back this month!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

The consequence of a punishing period.

I would have preferred Gunning to stay to the end of the season, but I suspect what he wants and what Vale consider to be his value are different.

I think it is right to stay within those limits.

This is inevitable; lines have to be drawn somewhere.

I expect that the lines now are more realistic than those being drawn in the horror years of the recent past.

Those memories are still too close and it's easy to get spooked.

My viewpoint is taken because we have people in post now who know the territory and who will stand up to Smurf in their different ways.

The ship is in good hands now, so I'm much more relaxed.

Who else at this level has a John Rudge?

He's a diamond.

After the match v County Aspo said exactly what i would have said ,Forest Green Rovers is a game no different than Luton or Coventry or N County if we aint at our best we will come a cropper .

Hope we r at it and get the job done and get the rub of the green which is clearly what didnt happen v Notts County .

Even one of there said there pen was soft and Vale should have had 2 but hey its gone we cannot do owt about it now .

UTV

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Depending on Andersons nose I'd bring Worrall and Gibbons in for both him and Montano - moving Harness over to the left.

Will be interesting to see if the new lads are on the bench or even in the first team. I think if the Whitfield Issue isn't sorted before Friday we might see Regis in for him.

Hopefully Smith and Davis can form a good partnership at centre half, seens as they will probably be our pairing at the start of next season.

I'd also like to point out that we could potentially play with a back 5 including 4 youth team graduates. When was the last time that happened? Full credit to Aspo for giving players like Boot and Gibbons the chance. If this were Crewe they'd be creaming themselves!

Archived