onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aldershot pre match and game on thread thingy

Patience the key on Tuesday.

They need the points as much as we do. I expect them to try to be very compact, and quite negative in outlook. Key will be to get some width in the game and get the full backs as involved as they were on Friday.

Any form of win would be gladly taken. Lets hope the boys can deliver.

Advert

I'm hoping we can win this one but their record is good away from home. Only the Gills and Vale have lost fewer away games and they will indeed be fighting for their lives.

Nonetheless, with the form we showed last Friday night we should be good enough to win easily.

Let them worry about us. I suspect they will be viewing this as a bonus game as they have 2 in hand on some teams.

I would love to be the fly on the wall at MA s pre match briefing.

Aldershot are bottom for a reason,they make far too many defensive blunders.

Our defence must hold fast with no heroics.Let their defence make the mistakes and then crucify them big time.

Patience patience will be rewarded with at least 3 goals !!

They are bottom for a reason

Weren't Wimbledon bottom when we went there and drew, not to mention the mighty Barnet. Remember home against Rochdale, Torquay and York? Away to the mighty Accy?

Liverpool lost to Oldham. Anything can happen.

I can't remember our ever doing promotion the easy way. Even under Gordon Lee when we went the first 19 games undefeated, we only scraped home in 4th place.

Got to feel sorry for Ben Williamson, scores 2 in 30 mins and dropped.

6000 at the most Tuesday true Vale fans ,,, ok true not rite word as I had 5 folk up from Wales and they av gone back ,,, should be 6000 locals at best , am sure we who are there can raze the roof for what is again the biggest game of the season until promotion is achieved

6,000 at full price on a Tuesday would be an impressive money spinner... I actually think there will be a few more than that. I think many are now caught up in the excitement of a promotion run-in helped massively on Friday.

I couldn't attend as I wished to against Burton but I shall be there for this one and I'm very much looking forward to it. It's a tenner more but that's only the equivalent of 100 Freddo bars! It would be lovely to see some goals and another cracking performance but as long as we get 3 points that will put us on the verge of promotion I couldn't care less of Calvin Andrews came on and bummed in the only goal in the last minute.

As long as we play at a high tempo and show Aldershot a little bit of respect so we're not complacent we'll be absolutely fine.

Weren't Wimbledon bottom when we went there and drew, not to mention the mighty Barnet. Remember home against Rochdale, Torquay and York? Away to the mighty Accy?

Liverpool lost to Oldham. Anything can happen.

I can't remember our ever doing promotion the easy way. Even under Gordon Lee when we went the first 19 games undefeated, we only scraped home in 4th place.

Got to feel sorry for Ben Williamson, scores 2 in 30 mins and dropped.

Williamson may start - it is possible MA may want to keep some fuel in Hughes tank for Rochdale. It would be interesting to have Hughes come on after an hour instead of going off in the second half - we need to do something slightly unorthadox to combat them packing the midfield.

Aldershot managers views

Aldershot Town manager Andy Scott told BBC Surrey:

"In the last eight games in the form table we are above them. We are confident. We have probably not picked up the points we deserve recently.

"Micky [Adams, Port Vale manager] said we are down the bottom because we deserve to be. That is enough motivation for us to carry forward.

"Certain things happen at certain times in the season. Sometimes managers say things to deflect from what is going on at their own club.

"We will find out if they have got the stomach for the fight and see if they want to get promoted as they have got a few clubs chasing them."

I'd print that last sentence off and pin it on the dressing room wall.

Micky's comments about them are just stating facts, maybe it will motivate them, maybe not? 46 games(or 40 odd as we've played currently don't lie). Aldershot may yet stay up but they are bottom because their first 40 games haven't been good enough.

Having said all that no game is easy unless you make it, if Vale play to their best we should win the game although Aldershot will undoubtedly make it difficult. The first goal is largely key, get that and early enough and I reckon it will be a good win!

Archived