onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burge tweet.

Samwelo

If Burge knew the arrangements (& why wouldn't he) then everything else is irrelevant! He's 100% in the wrong & has let the club down!

the lad was stuck in traffic tried to call nobody ansbered. He should of left earlier yes. vut ma should have handlwd this differently. It seems ti me that ma has used it to have an arguement that is not needed

Advert

This would never have happened in Rudge's day. Burge and other players want wage fines it's so unproffessional to go airing your grievances against the manager in public. An hour to go before kick off is just unacceptable Burge should have been with the rest of the team its as simple as that.

Does Burge think he is above being with the team? I have known individuals like this in junior football but to happen at this level is just pathetic!!!

As for yesterdays team selection- Pope SHOULDNT have played and Andrews should not even be in the squad. Hughes and Williamson up front and playing Taylor and Yates and was an absolute disgrace!!

the lad was stuck in traffic tried to call nobody ansbered. He should of left earlier yes. vut ma should have handlwd this differently. It seems ti me that ma has used it to have an arguement that is not needed

So what he was caught in traffic. If you're told to be there at a certain time you need to take personal responsibility & make sure you're there. If the train's going at 6pm & you're late don't belly ache about it man up and take it on the chin.

Burge is being totally unprofessional airing this on twitter but I do have some sympathy for his frustration.

The worrying thing is Adams' choice of discipline - right when we desperately need a win we can guarantee that he'll choose to put ego before the greater good.

They're both ****ing idiots but Adams moreso.

Personally, I'd manipulate the situation to my advantage to set burge up to go onto the pitch to give me the performance of his life and fully expect him to give me a mouthful at the end of the match. Then put an arm around him. Adams won't do that though, we'll never see one of this season's best players again in a vale shirt.

Completely spot on, the right way to handle it but I agree Adams won't do that.

From RB's twitter:

He was supposed to get picked up at a service station by the team coach - but it never arrived.

He was texting and calling staff but they weren't responding - only to eventually text him saying don't bother.

Is Adams going to turn up in his dressing gown at York? Madness.

Absolutely ****ing myself at that last bit. Brilliant!

twitter should be banned and players fined for using it!!

I agree. It should be a part of contracts now. At least tweeting about work related things. It's exactly the same in many industries, why not football.

However it seems this goes deeper than what happened just on Tuesday.

So Burge reckons he should have been picked up at a Service Station and Adams reckons he should have been at the hotel under his own steam? Someone is handling the truth carelessly here.

With regard to the possibility of Burge being caught in traffic because of the racing, that doesn't make sense. To get to a Bristol hotel 30 odd miles away for 4.30, Burge would have set off well after the racing started so I can't see that is an issue. Also, the race course is to the north of the town so I still can't see that would be a problem.

I don't know whether there has been a complete breakdown in communication or what here but I do know that Ryan Burge has been absolutely stupid and unprofessional to plaster this story all over Twitter. What exactly was he hoping to achieve by doing that?

Archived