onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burge tweet.

Samwelo

Advert

So Burge reckons he should have been picked up at a Service Station and Adams reckons he should have been at the hotel under his own steam? Someone is handling the truth carelessly here.

With regard to the possibility of Burge being caught in traffic because of the racing, that doesn't make sense. To get to a Bristol hotel 30 odd miles away for 4.30, Burge would have set off well after the racing started so I can't see that is an issue. Also, the race course is to the north of the town so I still can't see that would be a problem.

I don't know whether there has been a complete breakdown in communication or what here but I do know that Ryan Burge has been absolutely stupid and unprofessional to plaster this story all over Twitter. What exactly was he hoping to achieve by doing that?

Get some fans on his side perhaps?:unsure:

So Burge reckons he should have been picked up at a Service Station and Adams reckons he should have been at the hotel under his own steam? Someone is handling the truth carelessly here.

With regard to the possibility of Burge being caught in traffic because of the racing, that doesn't make sense. To get to a Bristol hotel 30 odd miles away for 4.30, Burge would have set off well after the racing started so I can't see that is an issue. Also, the race course is to the north of the town so I still can't see that would be a problem.

I don't know whether there has been a complete breakdown in communication or what here but I do know that Ryan Burge has been absolutely stupid and unprofessional to plaster this story all over Twitter. What exactly was he hoping to achieve by doing that?

Completely agree - with the sides's poor form, to post a disgruntled tweet was just about the last thing the team needed. He should have aired his grievances in private to the manager and/or coaching staff.

If the case he should have left earlier. What cant you get about that? Its not ****ing rocket science

I said he MIGHT have got caught in traffic.It could have been an accident which he would not have any control over.Radio Stoke mentioned that they were caught up in traffic on the way to the match.

Burge was wrong to put what he did on Twitter without doubt.

If Adams had picked Burge as he had said then Adams must have thought that playing Burge was the best option for the team/ club.So why drop him so early Adams had time until the team sheet had to be handed in.The team sheet could not have been handed in at 1715 as the team were still at the hotel having their scran.They were not at the ground where the team sheet would be handed in to the ref.So Adams dropped Burge which was against his original plans so may have been detrimental to the team.But it was Mickys choice to drop Burge - to the detrimental of the team.Micky would have been better off not telling Burge not to bother.This could have then all been sorted out in house.No tweet from Burge,no message from Adams saying Dont bother turning up.Then they both man up,grow up sort it out behind closed doors and if need be fine Burge.It was very good of Micky to allow Burge to make his own way.But as has been said elsewhere should Micky have allowed that to happen.But that is probably another debate anyway.

Neither of them come out of this smelling of roses,both have been unprofessional,childish and stupid.This needs to be sorted ASAP,a team meeting needs to happen and some good clear the air talks need to happen.Then restore calm and get back to winning ways.As for Micky calling the fans stupid then he needs to start to think before he open his gob and has another dig calling the fans stupid.He has either a short or a selective memory.

Completely agree - with the sides's poor form, to post a disgruntled tweet was just about the last thing the team needed. He should have aired his grievances in private to the manager and/or coaching staff.

Sometimes it is easier said than done when we are in a pressurised or emotionally charged situation. I sadly have fired emails and texts without counting to ten and then getting someone else to read. We learn through our experiences. Not that it condones it. Adams should have kept professional and quiet too.

The problem in this case is that it appears to be one that has rumbled on since Oxford and the words the two of them had. It is quite possible things had been brewing well before that? It is also quite possible that it is a situation that involves more than just Burge. If that is the case the squad need some clearly the air talks before Saturday otherwise we are looking a 7 games to try and turn it all around :(

Anyway I will be at York shouting the team on and hopefully all of this would have been resolved by then

I said he MIGHT have got caught in traffic.It could have been an accident which he would not have any control over.Radio Stoke mentioned that they were caught up in traffic on the way to the match.

Burge was wrong to put what he did on Twitter without doubt.

If Adams had picked Burge as he had said then Adams must have thought that playing Burge was the best option for the team/ club.So why drop him so early Adams had time until the team sheet had to be handed in.The team sheet could not have been handed in at 1715 as the team were still at the hotel having their scran.They were not at the ground where the team sheet would be handed in to the ref.So Adams dropped Burge which was against his original plans so may have been detrimental to the team.But it was Mickys choice to drop Burge - to the detrimental of the team.Micky would have been better off not telling Burge not to bother.This could have then all been sorted out in house.No tweet from Burge,no message from Adams saying Dont bother turning up.Then they both man up,grow up sort it out behind closed doors and if need be fine Burge.It was very good of Micky to allow Burge to make his own way.But as has been said elsewhere should Micky have allowed that to happen.But that is probably another debate anyway.

Neither of them come out of this smelling of roses,both have been unprofessional,childish and stupid.This needs to be sorted ASAP,a team meeting needs to happen and some good clear the air talks need to happen.Then restore calm and get back to winning ways.As for Micky calling the fans stupid then he needs to start to think before he open his gob and has another dig calling the fans stupid.He has either a short or a selective memory.

I drove down the M5 early. I passed the team coach just before the Worcester North turn off. I then stopped at Michaelwood for 10 minutes. I saw no traffic problems at all and that is the time when I assume Ryan Burge would have been travelling if he was to meet the team at the hotel. If Radio Stoke got stuck in traffic I assume it was rush hour traffic on the M5/Bristol which was not an issue for me, the team coach, nor should it have been for Burge if he was to meet them at 4.30. I just don't get this traffic problems issue?

Picking Burge last night would probably have made no difference to the result anyway. He would not have been the player tasked with marking Brunt at corners.

I drove down the M5 early. I passed the team coach just before the Worcester North turn off. I then stopped at Michaelwood for 10 minutes. I saw no traffic problems at all and that is the time when I assume Ryan Burge would have been travelling if he was to meet the team at the hotel. If Radio Stoke got stuck in traffic I assume it was rush hour traffic on the M5/Bristol which was not an issue for me, the team coach, nor should it have been for Burge if he was to meet them at 4.30. I just don't get this traffic problems issue?

But is it that Burge is suggesting that as he wasn't picked up as planned he then had to make plans to get there himself.

In other words, he was going to be late by that point but it was not his fault as the coach had failed to pick him up and he made an effort to get there as soon as he could.

If you accept that view then it is reasonable he may be caught in rush-hour traffic as we don't know what he had to do to get to the ground (i.e. if he was dropped off at the service station by someone perhaps he then had to wait to get picked up again and taken to his car to drive to the ground or other circumstances may have delayed him in a similar way).

I think it's very much one person's word against another. Burge is adamant that he tried to contact people to make them aware and that his calls/texts were ignored. Perhaps if his calls had been answered then the club would have found out he wasn't picked up and granted him some leeway?

Even so, tweeting about it and putting it in the public domain is still not the right approach in my opinion (and I'm just off to tweet that view to OVF's followers ;) )

Picking Burge last night would probably have made no difference to the result anyway. He would not have been the player tasked with marking Brunt at corners.

The point I was trying to make was that Adams has stated that Burge was in his plan to play.But by 17:15 Adams dropped him out of the squad altogether.Adams must have picked Burge to be in the squad as he thought it was the best for the team.Adams had time until the team sheet needed to be handed in to the ref.That would not have to be done at 17:15 and could not have been done anyway as the manager was with the rest of the team having scan.So Adams went against his original best option plan when there was still time.

Both parties have to shoulder blame and responsibility.Both need to grow up stop being like spoiled brats and start to be more professional.

Still cant get this burge can tweet but cant tell a team mate he is stuck in traffic or phone the hotel?

Was just thinking the same.IF it is he couldn't get in touch with Adams then is it too much to expect that he could have contacted a team mate?

Archived