onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

This could be us

SuperValiant1876

Advert

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21611064

This could be us at the end of the season if fans don't get off MA's back.

If he takes us up, I doubt he will leave. If he blows it from here, I doubt anyone else will employ him. Certainly no-one outside the bottom half of this league/the Conference. I think you are worrying unnecessarily, SV1876.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21611064

This could be us at the end of the season if fans don't get off MA's back.

Adams wont leave because of the fans... he may blame them but in reality there are only two reasons he would leave...

1 because its whats best for mr adams

2 because its whats best for port vale [ie he wont have a choice]

The rest is just smoke and mirrors....

what a load of old tosh(sorry tosh) jeeeez

i'm a port vale fan not a MA port vale fan

he's done a pretty good job in difficult circumstances but he had the bonus of probably following the two worst managers in our history so had a really low base to work from

he's had plenty of backing over the years it's now time to start to deliver and i think thats why he has started to show the strain a little because he knows it himself

i have not booed the team or slagged micky, but i might have an opinion on his tactics and players like i have in all the years before i have supported the club and will continue to do so at work, in the pub and here on the forum as long as rob allows me too

the situation at chelsea is totally different to ours rafa had history with chelsea before he became manager he was on a loser from the start

The following is not necassarilly the view of the author but it could be said that.....

The big question concerning Adams is not "if he blows it from here" would anyone else employ him but rather if Port Vale do go up as a very limited manager Adams like much of the squad will out of his depth in league 1.....Sheffield United thought so when Adams got them relegated from a position of safety and was something of a joke in the Championship....also Brighton who went

so near to going up to the Championship with a great young team of homegrown talent then hired Adams who dismantled the team and made the usual load of rubbish signings and almost got them relegated before being sacked.

It is true that Martin O'Neil's established top ten multi-cup final Leicester did get relegated in shock at O'Neil's sudden departure and got themselves straight back up while Adams was nominally the manager however owing to a transfer embargo

not even Adams could muck that up with rubbish signings.

Both Fulham and Brighton were very very big clubs for the fourth division and must be considered

as an easy shortcut to having a bit of success on the old CV...both went up and got rid of the journeyman fourth division

manager immediately.

It is said that Coventry made Adams a millionaire and although now in league 1 at the time Coventry who had been in the top flight for an eternity expected to get straight back up.....Coventry not only had all the parachute payments but also a brand new stadium....they wasted three years with Micky Adams as manager.

Adams is a very limited manager poor on player development and poor on signings but mostly poor tactically in fact Adams only

real strength is as a fitness coach really....it says a lot that Adams seems somewhat scared of qualified coaching staff.

Adams career was over and Adams was working part-time at schools/college level before Port Vale saved his career....Adams it has been noted has since insulted the club and has applied for other jobs.

Coventry wasted years on Adams so have Port Vale.....years and years with a top six budget has produced Micky's mid-table magic....it was a shock that Wildes and Smurf would base plans for the club on such a poor lower league journerman of a manager.....then again perhaps they are just saying this because while Adams can get a club up to league 1 most clubs do not see Adams as anything but a journeyman manager who is limited but can do a job in the fourth division and really the fourth division and non-league is Adams level....in a sense the fourth division is the least footballing of all the leagues and football proper starts at league 1......the answer to the question can Adams cut it in league 1 has already been answered by Sheffield United and Fulham who thought not and Brighton who asked and found out that Adams is way out of his depth in league 1.

The above is just one possible view and wrong as Adams is one of the best managers in the known football world.

Archived