onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

This could be us

SuperValiant1876

Water under the bridge Bon Ami - water under the bridge :yes:

:)

Indeed, AR, however many on here said they would forgive and forget when we got promoted. For 6 months, it has looked nailed on that this would happen this season. Now, we are in danger of being sucked back into the pack if we don't get results in the next 2 games. People are understandably tetchy, as we have been in this situation before, only for it to blow up in our face.

Advert

:)

Indeed, AR, however many on here said they would forgive and forget when we got promoted. For 6 months, it has looked nailed on that this would happen this season. Now, we are in danger of being sucked back into the pack if we don't get results in the next 2 games. People are understandably tetchy, as we have been in this situation before, only for it to blow up in our face.

Whatever happens this season Bon Ami it just has to be better than the last 10 years :yes:

We are, I thought,supposed to be enjoying this season of recovery from the doom of extinction and yet some still find something to beat the club with,sad :( .... I guess after any war there are a few who can not settle back into normal life and will always look for a fight and at this moment Adams is the target

Nick, I respect your opinion, and agree you have every right to disgaree with my sentiments. I don't think an early indication of the thumbs up and down system on here is truly reflective - it could change anyway. Micky Adams made a big mistake by talking about 'fans' rather than simply saying 'a small number of fans', and has in the past got annoyed with OVF itself when it was a few posts on OVF - big difference. Like many intense people, he has strong opinions and seems to speak without thinking sometimes, and it seems a great pity to me that he has seemingly alienated you and and number of others who want the best for Vale.

As for gates, tuesdays are always bad and you only have to look at the other games to see we were not the only tam to suffer. Burton, with 8 home wins in a row, barely scraped 2000 in, and Gillingham didnt manage 5000 either when they have had 8000 or more sometimes. People haven't the money, and maybe some who had a weekend in Torquay had to sacrifice going to this game - I know we have a number of fans who really prefer away games.

You are right though that our home performances have been pitiful in some games, and that will not get punters through the gates. It's a fact of life in this division that playing away brings better results for some teams, notably the three I expect to go up - Gillingham, Vale and Rotherham, and Exeter who will surely be in the play-offs.

Let's see what team selection Micky comes up with at Oxford and against Bradford - Like you, I would like to see Dodds in the mix and maybe Williamson if fit, with Andrew either on the bench or not in the squad - but whatever team is selected, I will support it because we wanted Micky back and he is manager so gets my full support and backing for quite a bit longer. Short of losing 3 or 4 games in a row, our overall recent results are still good- in the last 12 matches, we have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 3.

I suspect Dodds will be back in the team - he was recalled after the 3 defeats against Sheff United, Bradford (JPT) and Chesterfield in early December and we then drew at Cheltenham with Dodds scoring and won at Rotherham and Dagenham to reignite the promotion charge. It can be repeated.

He has not alienated me but I find his comments (and team selection) incredibly ill-thought out, ill-prepared and stupid. It has made me very angry and bad tempered , which I dont enjoy very much. I have to be really honest and say although I havent seen them all , the amount of enjoyment I am getting from watching home games is not what it should be - so something is clearly not right.

As I have said before the club needs every single supporter(every damn one of them) not just the happy clappers, not just those who stand up and sing, not just Superdoopervaliants and to go on local radio badmouthing the hand that feeds is simply not on at all, whether you are a messiah or a barmcake.

We are, I thought,supposed to be enjoying this season of recovery from the doom of extinction and yet some still find something to beat the club with,sad :( .... I guess after any war there are a few who can not settle back into normal life and will always look for a fight and at this moment Adams is the target

Its what Vale fans are renowned for - Fighting battles they can win, fighting battles they can't win - fighting any battle any where .

If you remember when Stoke on trent had factories and pot banks you might remember the shop floor wahlers - moan moan ****ing moan - from the time they clocked on - management this , management that, poor this poor that - On their own people of Stoke are a nice but put two together and you have started a moaning session about something.

SCFC are about 11th in the Prem - Stoke fans = moan moan ****in moan

Vale are 2nd in Division 2 - Vale fans = moan moan ****in moan.

Stoke council - Stoke-on-trent people voted for them = moan moan ****ing moan

Noticed the trend yet

SToke on trent people Moan like **** about anything. If there is nothing to moan about they will moan about nothing ever happens.

And if you want to listen to a top notch whine ask a stokey about the weather

End of Moan - I'm from Stoke - it goes with the birthright

Promotion is all that counts, MA will do it. I think he is well aware of the consequences. We all prefer attacking football and excitement, but grinding out results are more important for the rest of the season. Fine if we can restore a 12 point gap and showboat, but that will have to wait I think.

Its what Vale fans are renowned for - Fighting battles they can win, fighting battles they can't win - fighting any battle any where .

If you remember when Stoke on trent had factories and pot banks you might remember the shop floor wahlers - moan moan ****ing moan - from the time they clocked on - management this , management that, poor this poor that - On their own people of Stoke are a nice but put two together and you have started a moaning session about something.

SCFC are about 11th in the Prem - Stoke fans = moan moan ****in moan

Vale are 2nd in Division 2 - Vale fans = moan moan ****in moan.

Stoke council - Stoke-on-trent people voted for them = moan moan ****ing moan

Noticed the trend yet

SToke on trent people Moan like **** about anything. If there is nothing to moan about they will moan about nothing ever happens.

And if you want to listen to a top notch whine ask a stokey about the weather

End of Moan - I'm from Stoke - it goes with the birthright

Did the fans actions get rid of the incompetent V2001 board which in turn got us PW/NS as new owners?

what a load of old tosh(sorry tosh) jeeeez

i'm a port vale fan not a MA port vale fan

he's done a pretty good job in difficult circumstances but he had the bonus of probably following the two worst managers in our history so had a really low base to work from

he's had plenty of backing over the years it's now time to start to deliver and i think thats why he has started to show the strain a little because he knows it himself

i have not booed the team or slagged micky, but i might have an opinion on his tactics and players like i have in all the years before i have supported the club and will continue to do so at work, in the pub and here on the forum as long as rob allows me too

the situation at chelsea is totally different to ours rafa had history with chelsea before he became manager he was on a loser from the start

Well said.

Adams saved this club from a possible relegation to the conference and it could be argued that it was his man-management skills that kept the squad together at the start of the season. He effectively had to buy a new team with no funds and it could have so easily gone wrong. I thought that we would be lucky with mid-table given all the players that left, but most of his signings have proven to be more than decent and will see us get promoted.

I would go as far as to say that if we get automatic promotion, it will be one of the greatest managerial achievements of recent years considering the turmoil at the start of the season that was only really resolved in November.

Adams saved this club from a possible relegation to the conference and it could be argued that it was his man-management skills that kept the squad together at the start of the season. He effectively had to buy a new team with no funds and it could have so easily gone wrong. I thought that we would be lucky with mid-table given all the players that left, but most of his signings have proven to be more than decent and will see us get promoted.

I would go as far as to say that if we get automatic promotion, it will be one of the greatest managerial achievements of recent years considering the turmoil at the start of the season that was only really resolved in November.

How on earth did he save us from relegation? Even glover and Sinnott couldn't Manage that!

Who would want to manage or play for Port Vale hey?

MA has got us to second and we keep losing at home, now if we had a crap record away I would agree with people but we don't. We need to look at home form but booing helps no-one. A Stoke fan said to me and I kind of agree with him. If you don't like how they played just don't clap. If the team have given up and are not trying then maybe boo. The team are trying, sometimes too much and we end up with woeful shots.

We are Second in the league and within two points of being top. We have a limited budget, I am not sure what some people want.

Micky has my full support for all its worth. I get frustrated when we play badly but making it sound like we are doomed is just daft.

With regards to his comment about the fans, why do people care. If you do not slate the team and MA then its not about you,so ignore what he said. If you slate him then he is just giving you back what you give him.

What a ridiculous thread, there is no comparison between us and Chelsea. MA needs to be very grateful for the fans support, because for a while now it has been dross at home. You pays your money . . . .

Totally agree and we should not be compared to Chelsea or especially Manchester United Micky said we are not allowed to. This is because he says Manchester United fans don't complain when they loose. Which is probably because in the next home game the team will have been rotated to remove any poor performers. And a change of tactics may be employed.

Something we don't get. We know pretty much we will get the same team and tactics next time.

We would have accepted this last season but we have....

A options on the bench which could be used before 60 mins

B options in the squad

C money to spend on wages for players better than non league quality

Archived