onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 - Exeter 2 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Agree. Purse and Chilvers have actually looked better than Purse and McCombe.

McCombe like last Saturday was off the pace.......He is NOT fit...Vale need to play 3 at the back.......Purse, Chilvers and Duffy.....Giving Vincent a break.......And using Jones and Fairy-Williams as wing backs.......Doddy in the hole with Burge and Loft......The Pope and Hughsey up front........And we might as well play Neal in Goal........

Advert

I've calmed down now.

That was a complete and utter abortion. Adams should be totally ashamed of himself. Surely he cant possibly be checking how the oppostion play or he wouldnt be picking the teams he does. They had one midget up front so why pick the appalling McCombe alongside Purse.

I could contribute more than Vincent or Andrew. We have 2 strikers on the pitch yet the 2 wingers never hit the by line . All the crosses were from deep and were easily held by their keeper.

Adams you have made a complete and utter *** of yourself. You are not the messiah you are a very naughty boy. **** off.

It seems a long time since I enjoyed a home game. I left 3 matches early in over 50 years and 2 of those are this season. I dont care where we are in the league I am not enjoying the games.

That's probably why there's less than 4500 there it's not good to watch at the moment

our problem tonight was exeter overloaded the midfield ,and our wingers didnt track back..5 vs burge n loft!!!

andrew isnt pro league player simple.

2nd half abit better when dodds n taylor came on..dodds drops back into midfield.

and i agree with a earlier post,loft n burge arnt right...both left footed.balance wrong.

id shake it up.

dodds n popey up front.n bring morsy back in...for vincent.pushin loft on left side.

mickys got options...he should go n use em.

sure he will say we r panicing but we are clearly struggling and got big games coming thick n fast.

Burge MOM? He looked very tired.

MA should have changed things when we went 2 down.

Then when he does make changes he leaves the central midfield unchanged and leaves Birchall,Shuker and Morsy on the bench.

His post-match interview will make interesting listening unless he sends one of his groupies to do it given that we're a bunch of moaning *******s.

My concern is that Exeter was just the start of a run of home games against the play off teams, and i think we will struggle against them all.

Exeter was by far the most difficult game we had of the last 7 at home. Along with Vale and Gills they have reached double figures in away wins and that was always going to be our toughest game. If you look at a league table based only on away games we only have one more match at home against a team in the top 10 - Southend. Burton are 20th, Northampton are 19th and Bradford 16th.

Adams is just tactically inept. Why purse and McCombe? Duffy would have been far better against a nippy striker. we looked more comfortable when we had one centre half. He didnt deserve to walk straight back in the side. And why the same 4-2-4 formation for another team who play 5 across the middle? Lazy management.

For all the disciples claiming Adams a genius for Andrew having a ball deflect off his backside, it was ridiculous that he is currently our second choice striker. An absolute nonsense. The wingers were poor, and although Vincent got most of the moans, JMW has been terrible, and I can count the amount of times I have seen him cross properly all season on one hand. Either scuff, wrong foot so bottles it or dead ends. It was obvious they were strolling through our midfield after 5 minutes and the goals didn't come as any surprise. And once they went two goals up, we went from tactical inadequacy to Hail Mary nonsense tactics in one go.

My concern is that Exeter was just the start of a run of home games against the play off teams, and i think we will struggle against them all.

That's the worry isn't it?

Games are coming thick and fast and just when you want the team to be playing well we have hit our worst form of the whole season.

Some of the comments about the combinations might be right.

Williamson seems to play well off Pope and I'd throw him in next match. Andrew tries hard but is too similar. I didn't think Hughes looked fit.

In midfield I'd drop one of the wingers for one from Morsy Dodds Shuker or Birchall to try and give us more possession.

At the back I don't know who our opponents will play but if it's big men McCombe and Purse are fine but if they have little nippy strikers then maybe put Yates back in and shift Duffy across.

It's all ifs and buts and opinions but I struggled tonight to think of more than 2-3 players who I thought did ok.

To get anywhere we need 8-9/11 playing well at the same time.

That is my concern also.

We've created nothing in the last two home games. One flukey goal in the last four games. Time to change the system.

Vincent and Myrie-Williams need to be dropped and a more defensive midfield employed to try and win the midfield battle. We need to avoid defeats at home now and continue to pick up the points away. The attendance tonight said a lot about Vale's home form.

Adams is just tactically inept. Why purse and McCombe? Duffy would have been far better against a nippy striker. we looked more comfortable when we had one centre half. He didnt deserve to walk straight back in the side. And why the same 4-2-4 formation for another team who play 5 across the middle? Lazy management.

For all the disciples claiming Adams a genius for Andrew having a ball deflect off his backside, it was ridiculous that he is currently our second choice striker. An absolute nonsense. The wingers were poor, and although Vincent got most of the moans, JMW has been terrible, and I can count the amount of times I have seen him cross properly all season on one hand. Either scuff, wrong foot so bottles it or dead ends. It was obvious they were strolling through our midfield after 5 minutes and the goals didn't come as any surprise. And once they went two goals up, we went from tactical inadequacy to Hail Mary nonsense tactics in one go.

Andrews 2nd choice striker? He's arguably 4th choice: Pope, Hughes, Williamson, Andrews, Dodds. He only aged because Hughes and Williamson are either not match fit or injured and he was also our MOTM in the last game.

Archived