onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 - Exeter 2 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Well I'm officially worried now. Too many players not performing and a manager who makes some odd team selections and is tactically stubborn. Calvin Andrew must have something on Adams because I see no other reason why he gets in the team. For me he offers nothing and his lack of movement up front tonight was staggering. Vincent was shocking. Not just going forward, his lack of effort exposed Jones to a two on one which resulted in their first goal. Doug Loft is also not playing well but that maybe down to us yet again being swamped in midfield. Although he is not of Adams favourites, Morsy must come back into the team. I don't understand the Birchall signing because if he's not playing now when we have two under performing wingers, when is he going to play?

Advert

Valiant you are talking rubbish lad - we are still second in the league, we are still the league's top goalscorers, we still have the best goals difference by a mile.

Yes Adams is a really poor manager.

Nick I'm disappointed in you that's a total over-reaction - What I would say is the 'support' the players receive is pretty ***** at home - try supporting the players for once. Away teams bring a taxi full of fans and they outshout the home fans but as soon as there's chance to get on the players backs the noise is there then isn't it.

Goodness knows what half of you on here would be like if we were having a bad season!

The (extremely ) sad thing is that it is you who are talking rubbish. The gate in the next match will reflect how we feel. After failing to enjoy a match for some considerable time (that is enjoy the match NOT celebrate the result) and after giving them several last chances I have absolutely no desire to watch another.

Valiant you are talking rubbish lad - we are still second in the league, we are still the league's top goalscorers, we still have the best goals difference by a mile.

Yes Adams is a really poor manager.

Nick I'm disappointed in you that's a total over-reaction - What I would say is the 'support' the players receive is pretty ***** at home - try supporting the players for once. Away teams bring a taxi full of fans and they outshout the home fans but as soon as there's chance to get on the players backs the noise is there then isn't it.

Goodness knows what half of you on here would be like if we were having a bad season!

How am i talking rubbish? I hate it when people like yourself say 'were still second' 'were still top scorers', well if we keep playing like that we wont be! what happens if we lose our next home game 2-0 is that ok as we will still be second by a point or so and are still just about top scorers? As I keep saying I still fancy us to go up automatically due to our away form but we need to start reacting at home, and it would help if the correct team is picked by and i will get slated for this by the 'tactially inept manager'.

And before I die I would like, just once, to see a referee give Tom Pope a free kick when a centre half assaults him.

Glad I wasn't the only person who saw that Jean. I just wish referee Gary Sutton had. Woodman and Coles spent most of the game kicking and yes punching Pope. One moment in the second half Woodman thumped Pope in the ribs as Sutton did nothing right in front of me pitch-side..

No excuses but relevant observations.

Pope was roughly handled as he was in the Shrimpers game but he can expect it as the country's top goal scorer.

He and Andrew are big strong lads themselves and have to give as good as they get.

I know it's hard when you are being fouled all the time but if the ref, wrongly, allows a bit of argy bargy to go on you have to fight fire with fire.

Most of the lads have been below par in recent games and the failure of the front two to hold up the ball has been part of the reason why we are struggling.

Pope was roughly handled as he was in the Shrimpers game but he can expect it as the country's top goal scorer.

He and Andrew are big strong lads themselves and have to give as good as they get.

I know it's hard when you are being fouled all the time but if the ref, wrongly, allows a bit of argy bargy to go on you have to fight fire with fire.

Most of the lads have been below par in recent games and the failure of the front two to hold up the ball has been part of the reason why we are struggling.

Argy bargy I accept Nick but I draw the line at GBH. Trust me it was far far more than argy bargy tonight. Like I say. No excuses for the result.

The (extremely ) sad thing is that it is you who are talking rubbish. The gate in the next match will reflect how we feel. After failing to enjoy a match for some considerable time (that is enjoy the match NOT celebrate the result) and after giving them several last chances I have absolutely no desire to watch another.

Sad.

Youve given your club "several last chances?"

Pathetic.

Im flying home tomorrow. Gutted at what i saw. Absolute rubbish. Id love to see them Saturday and next Tuesday against Bradford though because a) im vale b) they need us more than ever and c) we are almost out of this league.

Poor form.

Tough loss to swallow but Exeter do have one of the best away records in Lg2. Some Vale players seem to be struggling for form hence its time to make a few tweaks. I would go for Morsy and Burge/JMW with Loft playing on the left, relegating Vincent to the bench with Dodds playing midfield/behind Pope.

It's easy to talk in retrospect but Mark Grew said Vale had Exeter watched hence Vale should have been aware of Exeter's away style of play and been prepared to battle the counter attacking style/midfield 5 with a formation like the above.

Still a long way to go with more ups and downs.

Archived