onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 - Exeter 2 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Why the constant cheap shots at Micky. Has he done something to you? I thought you had had enough of Vale now? Shame you won't say the same of this website.

Another thing. I have looked at your post history which only goes back to December but you haven't posted once after we have won a game, only negative posts after we have lost or drawn. Why would that be?

As my good wife says, 'some folks aren't happy unless they have something to moan about'.

Advert

We have to have Hughesy in the side, he is a natural finisher and with Popey not being able to hit a barn door with a banjo at the moment we cant rely on him to get us out of trouble on his own at the moment. Popes poorer form in front of goal along with the poor final ball is the problem.

Vincent looks tired and out of form so needs resting, and I dont know what others think but I felt Purse looked a bit jaded last night. Putting Duffy in with him takes the pressure of him

I am also not convinced that Lofty is giving us anything going forward in midfield at the moment, so I would drop him back to left back, which I think is his best position

My Team for Saturday.

------Neal------

Yates Duffy Purse Loft

Shuker Burger Morsy Jones

---Hughes--Pope--

Opinions on this team?

Neal

Duffy Jones

Boom (Davis when fit) Purse Burge

Birchall Dodds Loft

Pope Williamson. (Hughes and Morsey to be used in 2nd half).

(My thinking is that feed the Pope and there are four men there that might just do that).

You'd get on with vale fan in alsager with that formation! Craziest formation yet!

How to get a result against Vale at home in 2 easy steps:

1. Play a defensive 4-5-1

2. In the first 10 mins - commit GBH on Pope (+ headlocks, holding, shirtpulling), take 2 mins per goal kick, take 1 min per throw in, dive and roll around with any contact. This will gauge how good the ref is and what you can get away with. 99% of the time the refs are utter ***** and will let this go. Continue this theme all game.

Why the constant cheap shots at Micky. Has he done something to you? I thought you had had enough of Vale now? Shame you won't say the same of this website.

Another thing. I have looked at your post history which only goes back to December but you haven't posted once after we have won a game, only negative posts after we have lost or drawn. Why would that be?

And exceptionally quiet after the games against Accy, Plymouth, WImbledon too....

Your research is flawed , if you check I didnt post after a number of home defeats either. Particularly the previous poor performance against Morecambe which I was very disappointed with but was prepared to write off as a blip. I have missed a number of matches anyway through illness, work(I normally work 7 days a week during most of December and January), holidays , better things to do etc so should I really be commenting on them too?

Valiant you are talking rubbish lad - we are still second in the league, we are still the league's top goalscorers, we still have the best goals difference by a mile.

Yes Adams is a really poor manager.

Nick I'm disappointed in you that's a total over-reaction - What I would say is the 'support' the players receive is pretty ***** at home - try supporting the players for once. Away teams bring a taxi full of fans and they outshout the home fans but as soon as there's chance to get on the players backs the noise is there then isn't it.

Goodness knows what half of you on here would be like if we were having a bad season!

A voice of reason amongst the moronic over reaction. I'd give the players 5 out of ten for last night's performance, I'd give the fans a 4.

Adams has once again come out and said there will be changes, they have said this after every defeat and only make 1 or 2 changes, usually bringing calvin andrew in. I wouldnt be surprised if week pick the same side at oxford but with hughes in for andrew. If I was dodds I would leave, he is far too good to be sitting on the bench week after week whilst the likes of Andrew start.

Im sorry to say but I agree 100% with you. Im fed up of people saying its an over reaction, but it isnt we are **** at home and have been for a while, even with wins against plymouth, wimbledon and accrington we werent great.

There are too many fans on here that are up Adams ****. He is an average manager at this level nothing special, and this has been proven over recent weeks. Once again I find myself saying Awful tactically, everyone in the stand could see why we were losing again. Does Adams not do his homework on these sides, does he just expect them to come here and roll over? Its ****** obvious that the wingers need dropping as we just get outnumbered in midfield its been like this for a while and he still wont change it! I said after the Torquay game that even though Andrew scored I wouldnt start him and you get the onevalefan brigade out moaning at me saying why he deserves his place.... no he dosent he is **** end off, get rid of him! Getting worried about Pope now as well, no goals in 6 (not just his fault). Next game please Adams switch it back to a similar side at the start, NO Andrew, I still feel that we miss that creative player in the middle (dodds) he has to play at oxford otherwise its safe to say he wont be here next season.

id go with

neal

yates

duffy

purse

jones

myrie williams (last chance)

burge

morsy

loft

dodds

pope

My team too. If Micky doesn't change the way we're going it won't just be the fans on his back. He has to finish the job or it will finish him.

For what it's worth, a fair few of our opponents from now on will have little to play for.

We have points in the bag, and everyone below us would swap places.

More than ever, we need a decent noise at home to see us over the line.

We can, and will, do this.

For what it's worth I've considered last night's game and have come to the conclusion that a couple of factors caused our defeat;

firstly the tactics / team selection were wrong at the start. Calvin Andrew did exactly what was expected of him in winning headers and laying the ball off but that's too similar to what Pope does. Why not play Dodds or Williamson with Pope if they were available, ie, the combination that saw us scoring for fun not so long ago?

secondly the midfield was too open to gain control against what was, let's be honest, a very capable Exeter side who packed the midfield, passed the ball very well and whose movement off the ball was superb. Instead of the off-form & ineffective Vincent we needed some more steel and ability to keep possession in the middle. Birchall? Sam Morsy at least.

Before the match Mark Grew was on the radio saying Exeter would attack us and had to go for a win, ie, exactly what they did. So then, Grewy, why were we so badly prepared for that event? As usual we conceded possession far too cheaply and were out passed and out run in midfield. Our forwards got little service in the first half and by half time it was a massive task to get something from the game. We looked a lot better second half but Exeter had something to defend and they did it very well.

I can see Adams' point about the moaning but his PR isn't good, we've lost 5 at home and people don't like paying to see defeats.

However, we're still in a good position and have a strong squad so if Mickey uses that squad to play in slightly different ways depending on the opposition's approach we should get back on track. Promotion is there for the taking and personally I'd consider not winning the league as disappointing given the position we're in at this stage of the season. I'll settle for promotion though!

Archived