onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bell tribute video

FRITTER

Fantastic work John. Fabulous memories that I thought would never be repeated but i'm now hopeful. The transformation of VP was amazing - indeed its not changed much since. despite his faults for me our best ever chairman - purely for what he achieved, to be followed sadly by our worst. RIP Belly, and thanks for the memories - so sorry you couldn't have lived to see us promoted and on the way to better times.

Advert

Just because he has died doesn't mean he goes from crook to saint. I still think he took more from the club than he put in and was very lucky he had a genius as a manager who perfectly played a transfer market that allowed teams like Vale to thrive. Presumably there will be a minute silence and while I will respect it i will probably be reading my programme while it happens.

Is it to difficult to just simply stand up and show respect?

Just because he has died doesn't mean he goes from crook to saint. I still think he took more from the club than he put in and was very lucky he had a genius as a manager who perfectly played a transfer market that allowed teams like Vale to thrive. Presumably there will be a minute silence and while I will respect it i will probably be reading my programme while it happens.
I find it very insulting that you would call him a crook, would you have said that to his face? Neither do you have any concept of what running a business is all about. Also disgusting that you cannot honour the memory of the man who made Vale Park what it is today.

Whilst you are sitting down, reading your programme, in our stadium, take a look around, indeed remember you are in a seat and then try to remember the absolute state of Vale Park on the day Bill Bell took over.

Quite frankly if messrs Wildes and Smurthwaite take out more than they put in but deliver Championship football, wembley visits, cup runs, giantkillings and memories that will live forever then i will be ecstatic.

Well said...

Whilst you are sitting down, reading your programme, in our stadium, take a look around, indeed remember you are in a seat and then try to remember the absolute state of Vale Park on the day Bill Bell took over.

Quite frankly if messrs Wildes and Smurthwaite take out more than they put in but deliver Championship football, wembley visits, cup runs, giantkillings and memories that will live forever then i will be ecstatic.

Well said ST. Bill Bratt took out a lot more than he put in as well, the difference was he left us a lot worse off on the pitch. Bell, for all his faults, was owner on most of the greatest days in many Vale fans memories.

BB was the architect of what we see around us on a Saturday, and I remember what a shambles vale park was in the early 1980s. How much he took out, I have no idea, but when the wheels started to come off, I do remember reports of how he was holding the club to ransom over unrealistically expensive car lease deals, and the club shop lease fiasco.

I find it very insulting that you would call him a crook, would you have said that to his face? Neither do you have any concept of what running a business is all about. Also disgusting that you cannot honour the memory of the man who made Vale Park what it is today.

On a personal level I liked Bill Bell. He was approachable and would talk matters Vale to anyone. When I ran a petition to the FA to complain about the way the top flight clubs were attracting too much money and power - which eventually led to the formation of the Premiership - he and John Rudge gave their support. As a Vale chairman he did much to improve the club and spent the ITV Digital money well.

I worked in Burslem in the 80s though and my boss, another Vale fan, told me about the things he'd been up to and up to that point had got away with. That coloured my view of Bill somewhat and when Vale went into admin it was a case of chickens coming home to roost.

I'll respect his memory but no further than that.

Should be remembered for what success he brought to Port Vale during his tenure, best years of my life watching the Vale during them times. over the past 10 years you forget how good those times were and how bad things have got. On a brighter note due to Mr Bell legacy we will be in a great position for when things turn around (and lets hope this season is the start of things to come).

Should be remembered for what success he brought to Port Vale during his tenure, best years of my life watching the Vale during them times. over the past 10 years you forget how good those times were and how bad things have got. On a brighter note due to Mr Bell legacy we will be in a great position for when things turn around (and lets hope this season is the start of things to come).

Spot on, Billy was a proper Stokie with the accent to match, and yes he made a few bob at the Vale.

BUT don't lets forget what he put in, he was a real Vale supporter.

Remember going into a shop in Endon one night after a match and hearing his wife say "he'll be like a bear with sore head when he gets back", I think we had lost at home to Wrexham.

Met him several times and always found him happy talk PORT VALE.

For me a great man R.I.P.

Trying to get the link abroad but getting

"Unfortunately, this UMG-music-content is not available in Germany because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing rights." - and it won't play, which is a bit of a Selwyn Gummer. It sounds like it's a belting piece of video - any idea how I can get round that and watch it?

Trying to get the link abroad but getting

"Unfortunately, this UMG-music-content is not available in Germany because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing rights." - and it won't play, which is a bit of a Selwyn Gummer. It sounds like it's a belting piece of video - any idea how I can get round that and watch it?

Its because i used copywrite music i think so it wont play in some countries

Archived