onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Plymouth post match

yorky valiant

Advert

Rob also put a great ball in with his right foot that nearly led to another goal

Taylor had an excellent game. He seemed really up for it from the start, getting stuck in and not afraid of challenging. He also got forward well. In fact I thought both fullbacks supported the wingers well.

Cracking game and thought their goal keeper had a massive impact for them - could have been more goals if it wasn't for him.

Watched the sky link and said it all. Williamson and Pope - what a pairing they are. MA's needs to watch the link.

A good result, though not one to get carried away about. Extremely poor Plymouth side and we didn't get on top until the sending off. Full backs were good, and great to see Davis playing. Would really like to see purse partner him to bring him on. Was surprised with the team selection, and a better team with a decent midfield would have given us problems. We had four wingers on the pitch and bypassed the midfield until the sending off. Both of popes goals were excellent. He is so important to the team right now. Again, didnt think Williamson got going until the sending off opened the game up a bit. And I thought dodds was extremely unlucky to be dropped. However once the game opened up, we saw the attacking play that set us off so well at the start of the season. Gillingham will be a totally different game, and I would be bringing in Birchall into the middle and dodds behind pope to make sure we aren't over run in midfield.

If I was rating I'd say

Neal - 6 - not much to do

Yates - 6 - solid but delivery under no pressure is inconsistent

Taylor - 7 - some excellent delivery but defensively can be shakey

Chilvers - 6 - little to do, bit of an unnecessary hoofer too at times

Davis - 6 - solid enough with little to do. Distribution was good.

Williams - 8 - our best player first half when others were average

Loft - 7 - improved greatly when given more time second half

Shuker - 6 - doesn't lose the ball often but creates nowt and is useless defensively

Vincent - 6 - ineffective on the most part

Pope - 8 - really well taken goals and set up Benji too

Williamson - 8 - my man of the match. Great play between him and Pope at times.

Birchall - n/a - no impact for his brief appearance but a long way to go.

Lloyd - n/a - one little run, a little lightweight when tracking back

Andrew - n/a - won a flick on, but otherwise struggled get involved as the game slowed

Today's game won't have given Adams much of a clue to his team selection for next weeks trip to Gillingam. After a shakey start against 11 men centre defence will cause a selection dilemma as neither Davis or Chilvers excelled today. I think Morsey and Loft will be the best selection in midfield and after today's performance Williamson inclusion should be guaranteed.

Today's game won't have given Adams much of a clue to his team selection for next weeks trip to Gillingam. After a shakey start against 11 men centre defence will cause a selection dilemma as neither Davis or Chilvers excelled today. I think Morsey and Loft will be the best selection in midfield and after today's performance Williamson inclusion should be guaranteed.

Yeah I'd possibly agree with that midfield selection despite being a big fan of Burge. We'll need some steel away from home.

sending off for me was a turning point, seemed very lethargic again for 40 minutes. based on that, here are my ratings

Neal - 6 spectator but solid hands when needed

Yates - 6 nothing to shout home about

Taylor - 7 One of this better games (that isnt hard i know) outstanding cross for the pope goal

Chilvers 6 Solid but nothing special and not under pressure

Davis - 7 Getting better with every game going to be good for the future

Loft - 7 Steady game held the ball better second half

Shuker 6 - Why did we play a gnome in a midfield full of giants?

Vincent 5 - shadow of the player we saw at the start of the season and im his biggest fan, doesnt look to have recovered from the xmas stomach bug IMO

Pope - 8 Couldve had a hatful today unlucky not to get a hat trick with their keeper pulling off a world class save

Williamson - 9 MOTM for me, looked lively, linked up with pope very well and nice to see him score for his efforts

Archived