onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Plymouth post match

yorky valiant

Advert

You're right, George! I was thinking he'd started that one. Him and James did keep Akinfenwa and his mates out in the second half at Northampton though - does that count?!!

It counts for another half. Find another 40 mins when he's played and we've not conceded and ill give him the clean sheet :-)

I thought he played well today and looked assured.

How anyone can have anything bad to say today about Davis I'll never know. He didn't put a foot wrong.

I must admit to never feeling confident when he plays and always expect a mistake from him. Today was not perhaps the best game to judge him because him and Chilvers had it very easy today after the dismissal. Prior to the red card Chadwick was causing the pair of them a few problems at the back. I'd start macdonald and purse next week at Gillingham.

Very impressed with Ben Williamson today and disappointed with Shuker.

I thought Davis was solid at centre half to be fair and Vincent was worth more than a 5. I'd have given everyone minimum 6 with just pope, Williamson and Myrie Williams getting above that

To be honest everyone aside from Vincent was much better in the second half. Today just wasn't his day and their full back 'Berry?' had him on toast all game. Good player that lad and worth a look.

looking at some of the comments lately i think some fans need to take a step back look at the league look at the vale stats, we are having an amazing season we've been in the top 3 all season we have got the top goalscorer in the country we've only lost 5 league games all season. at the beginning of the season teams didnt know how dangerous we are going forward now they do they are setting up to stop us anyway possible so some games are going to be scrappy and not very pretty, its a marathon not a sprint and we look like a team thats got the staminer to last the marathon.

I wonder what game some people watch on here sometimes .

Neal 5 - nothing to do, bar talking to his defence which he didn't seem to do

Taylor 9 man of the match, solid defensively marking their best player and looked good going forward

Davis 5 - distribution was woeful. Hoofed far too often and only looked comfortable when we had him and chilvers marking one man

Vincent 7 tried hard but marked well by their full back who looked a great lad , very quick and Stroh

I'm amazed we have watched the same game on those marks, I tought neal didn't deserve a 5 as his handling was excellent particularly late on when they did threaten, the mark for taylor is rediculous, yes he improved dramatically going forwards in the second half but in the first aside from two decent tackles looked totally lost as a defender until they went down to 10 men, Davis again didn't put a foot wrong and although some of his forward balls didn't reach targets at least he was giving us those type of options as opposed to the central midfielders and was defensively sound against very little admittedly and Vincent was the poorest player on the pitch, to give him 7 and Lloyd less when they both had exactly the same impact against a great defender in Berry is mystifying for me.

I wonder what game some people watch on here

Davis 5 - distribution was woeful. Hoofed far too often and only looked comfortable when we had him and chilvers marking

Vincent 7 tried hard but marked well by their full back who looked a great lad , very quick and Stroh

I wounder what game you watched Vincent was shocking touch of McDonald's mate Evans, Joe Davis was class

Thats a truly dispicable comment, really some people need to think before they post.

Davis was solid today. His passing and distribution is excellent. In the second half he played an incredible 40 yard pass out to Vincent.

Did anybody else notice that Vincent and JMW seemed to be playing free roles?? They kept switching, going down one side together and making central runs. It made our attacking threat a lot less obvious and a lot more lethal. Would like to see this more.

Thats a truly dispicable comment, really some people need to think before they post.

In fairness 'touch of a rapist' is a bit crude but uttered by football fans a hell of a lot. I he had put that i dont think there would have been any reaction.

Evans is a rapist- proved in court beyond reasonable doubt.

Evans is Clayton's mate- proved by the fact they share their birds.

So everything seems factually accurate to me.

No it's not its a common saying in football and sadly today Vincent had the touch of a rapist, ps good news I hear Lee Hughes deal not totally dead sure that will make your Saturday evening REP

Davis was solid today. His passing and distribution is excellent. In the second half he played an incredible 40 yard pass out to Vincent.

Did anybody else notice that Vincent and JMW seemed to be playing free roles?? They kept switching, going down one side together and making central runs. It made our attacking threat a lot less obvious and a lot more lethal. Would like to see this more.

Yes very good point, this is going to be a memorable season (for all the right reasons) and I for one are taking in and loving every minute. Even the poor game v Fleetwood will be remembered because we all know we could (and have) played far better.

Archived