onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time to think about a new stadium?

barkis

Advert

You would cram, and it is crammed, all the fans in the worst views with a shallow rake, open to the elements and that's progress?

Arsenals North Bank whilst it was being built.

arsenal_1420070c.jpg

Yes but you are on about leaving it like that for years just as we finally have a finished stand. I have no problem with it being like that whilst a stand is under construction plus that looks an old picture it is 2013 now. Times have changed.

Vale Park is genuinely one of the few classic grounds left in the country. It is certainly better than any of the grounds I have visited in league 2 and I think it is a real asset. Many other fans think so, and the only thing that lets it down remains the unfinished Lorne Street. Transport connections are probably the biggest single factor for poorer attendances. The only option for fans outside Burslem or coming from the station is a dwindling bus service or very expensive taxis. Parking is also a real problem for most fans and these problems have never been addressed for years. Throw in a lack of online ticketing and poor access which are problems way more significant than those of stadium facilities.

I love the ground. The railway admittedly is awful and needs new seats, but I never buy food at the ground because surely only fat lads need pies during a 90 minute game? Far more crucial is the history of the ground and the fact that it looks so unique. Family history is tied to the ground and it is debatable if I would have any emotional connection with the club if so many memories were not tied to it.

All we need to do is to demolish the railway, which was never really a new stand anyway and build one on par with lorne street. Hopefully that will be finished for next season and more people will have the choice of better facilities anyway. Most clubs that have moved to new grounds had an initial spike in attendances, but unless they were promoted found them a struggle around their necks. Coventry, Leicester, Southampton and even Arsenal have seen club fortunes dip after new grounds were built. Coventry fans would rather be at their old ground than paying rent at the Ricoh and a similar sort of arrangement is the only viable way Vale will get a new ground because we won't be buying it outright for sure.

A re-developed Vale Park would not be that hard to imagine, would cost less and would look fantastic. People say we have too big a ground at 20,000 odd with a finished Lorne Street, but the stands are not that big and really the railway stand re-developed should have fewer seats with more leg-room/closer to the pitch. That would probably bring the capacity down to 15,000.

Vale Park is genuinely one of the few classic grounds left in the country. It is certainly better than any of the grounds I have visited in league 2 and I think it is a real asset. Many other fans think so, and the only thing that lets it down remains the unfinished Lorne Street. Transport connections are probably the biggest single factor for poorer attendances. The only option for fans outside Burslem or coming from the station is a dwindling bus service or very expensive taxis. Parking is also a real problem for most fans and these problems have never been addressed for years. Throw in a lack of online ticketing and poor access which are problems way more significant than those of stadium facilities.

I love the ground. The railway admittedly is awful and needs new seats, but I never buy food at the ground because surely only fat lads need pies during a 90 minute game? Far more crucial is the history of the ground and the fact that it looks so unique. Family history is tied to the ground and it is debatable if I would have any emotional connection with the club if so many memories were not tied to it.

All we need to do is to demolish the railway, which was never really a new stand anyway and build one on par with lorne street. Hopefully that will be finished for next season and more people will have the choice of better facilities anyway. Most clubs that have moved to new grounds had an initial spike in attendances, but unless they were promoted found them a struggle around their necks. Coventry, Leicester, Southampton and even Arsenal have seen club fortunes dip after new grounds were built. Coventry fans would rather be at their old ground than paying rent at the Ricoh and a similar sort of arrangement is the only viable way Vale will get a new ground because we won't be buying it outright for sure.

A re-developed Vale Park would not be that hard to imagine, would cost less and would look fantastic. People say we have too big a ground at 20,000 odd with a finished Lorne Street, but the stands are not that big and really the railway stand re-developed should have fewer seats with more leg-room/closer to the pitch. That would probably bring the capacity down to 15,000.

The Railway needs a lot more than a few new seats,it was built in the 50's and all that has happened is the paddock being removed.

Lets be honest Vale Park is ready for the scrap heap. The stands have terrible views, far too low down, the fans are miles away from the pitch, the atmosphere is creepily silent and eerie, the facilities are from the 1950s.

The area is terrible for transport links. Its totally unsuitable for a modern football club's needs. It's just awful, thats the brutal truth and when the average person comes they have a horrible experience and never come again. So our crowds stay low.

We've moved ground several times in the past, so its no big deal. With all the investors and sponsors a new ground attracts it practically pays for its self.

Here's a novel idea, close the Railway (even though it's where I sit) and the Family Stand, finish Lorne Street and put us all in there and Hamil or Bycars until we move up the leagues and can re-develop Railway (hotel or gym underneath?) or get rid of all the banking and use it to get coaches round to the Bycars which could be the Away stand then. Especially, as I believe that the old Normid (which would also be perfect for a hotel/gym) will be available by then?

I have always been an advocate of us moving to a purpose built new stadium vale park is old archaic and cold with no atmosphere records show that every time a club moves it increases its fan base by 2-3000 and go on to enjoy success on the pitch

Now might be the right time to be putting it into action, we are on the up look at the likes of Brighton, Blackpool, Cardiff, chesterfield, Rotherham all have new stadium and higher gates because of it

Whoever you look at who have made the move have measured success by the way of increasing their gates or moving up the leagues

The ground space by the new Vodafone building would support a stadium next to the asda roundabout on the a500 it is I believe subject to regeneration money as well so that would part fund any move along with a few shops,restaurants and hotels such like

It could also be a venue if thought out properly for concerts and things like an ice rink facilities that we don't as a city currently have

It just needs the will and the right mix to make it happen!

Archived