onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time to think about a new stadium?

barkis

Advert

To anybody who goes to away games and have seen the state of some grounds in this league vale park is one of the better grounds, agreed it needs sprucing up a bit here and there, but its not really that bad.

And to those who think spending millions knocking down and rebuilding the railway will make people sing, the mind boggles.

Very impressive graphic, but sadly still too far from the pitch and open corners!

A quick 15 minute retouching exercise, corners filled in or continued seat would be far better of course. I could spend a couple of hours retouching a decent image up if I get the time : )

Lets concentrate on getting into League 1 first and then maybe we can improve Vale Park.The potential is still there for a nice stadium.Mistakes were made in the past when money was pumped into rebuilding Lorne Street and what a cost we bore-RELEGATION FROM 2 DIVISIONS!!!!!

**** and ******** thread, never going to happen... Why would you spend money on th stand when clearly you'll get nothing back in return? If you did the ****** Lorne would have been finished 10 years ago...
Completing Lorne St will test the market for hospitality and family potential, after that we can start to dream.

Actually Bill Bratt was offerd it on a number of occasions the oppurtunity of moving in 2004, then the old property developers situation came up because they were after the beloved vale park land of his. What alot of us are saying mathol that the new owner may find it is cheaper to build a new stadium than redeveop vale park, look at how it is built and the land where say the railways and bycars are just to build new stands would cost a bomb to clear it and build new stands, look at the cost of the lorne street already ??? In the end it is not up to fans on a board bickering, it will be up to smurf and wildes and they will see what is more viable. No doubt they will already be looking at options if they have had architects in. They are real buisnessman so will have advisors and they will see which is better. But Vale park as it is atm is ready for the scrap heap.

That's total pish that bratt was approached in 2004 he used that as an way to connect with that lorne street Mafia. I understand what a lot of people are saying which isn't true that redevelopment of vale park is dearer than a new ground, which just isn't true. To. Redevelop the whole ground would be dearer but not one stand Or a couple of areas. At the end of the day the stadium is adequate for league 2 football and there is zero proof to suggest that a new ground could bring anything other than a soulless plastic surrounding and a large debt

i think this thread should be closed as there is a possibility that some of the tripe on here could be taken as sense instead of nonsense, there is a covenent on vale park that restricts it's useage for certain developements so it couldnt be sold for housing or any other residential developement so sweet fa could be carried forward towards future building costs,so dream on it aint going to happen.

I wish we could move to a new stadium. Updated 12/15000 capacity. But it just won't happen unfortunately. However I do feel we can make changes to the current ground on a match day. Close the railway stand for one. And move all fans down to the paddock. Shut the family stand and make the bycars the family stand. The bycars these days is nothing more than a clapping stand anyway. Maybe close the side areas of the bycars to move everyone together in the centre of stand. As they do in the hamil end.

I wish we could move to a new stadium. Updated 12/15000 capacity. But it just won't happen unfortunately. However I do feel we can make changes to the current ground on a match day. Close the railway stand for one. And move all fans down to the paddock. Shut the family stand and make the bycars the family stand. The bycars these days is nothing more than a clapping stand anyway. Maybe close the side areas of the bycars to move everyone together in the centre of stand. As they do in the hamil end.

Great idea! Let's annoy hundreds of paying customers and ST holders. That will boost morale and improve the atmosphere.

• 3 months later...

Archived