onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time to think about a new stadium?

barkis

That would create and eyesore of a stadium and would be a total embarrasment, its bad enough we have had a long term unfinsihed lorne street stand that is embarrasing now you propose having a whole side missing for the fans of other clubs to take the **** out of.

If you haven't noticed we have had half a side missing for ten years.

Are Blackpool, Arsenal (for a season), Bournemouth, Oxford a joke for being sensible, whilst stands are being built/waiting for progression on the pitch? It seems you are more interested how other fans think of us rather than the sustainability of the club and the much needed revenue advertising of that kind could bring, I think you priorities are wrong.

A couple of years without a stand and still a capacity of 12k, that is still larger than most clubs in our division and is hardly an embarrassment considering the grounds and attendances of other clubs.

Advert

Just spoke to a blackpool supporting friend and they reckon it would be a bad idea for vale to knock the paddock down and leave it empty. They found it highly embarrasing and glad it is a time now over. The only thing I could say on that is to build a smaller stand there closer to the pitch much smaller with a reduced pitch side with a view to increase if needed be. I have just always favoured a new stadium even if it was on the site of the co op next door.
No point in knocking the Railway down, could probably re-build in front of it if the pitch is moved towards Lorne St. Sheffield Utd did a similar thing when they built on the cricket pitch. Lorne St is the main asset of Vale Park, cannot see the point of abandoning it.

Daft suggestion stay where we are and complete the Lorne Street (possibly move in families). One day EVENTUALLY we will make the FA Cup 3rd round and have a chance to host Man U or even Stoke. I remember big teams playing us in the 70s 80s and 90s.With a 10k stadium we would have to play at the Brit?

If you haven't noticed we have had half a side missing for ten years.

Are Blackpool, Arsenal (for a season), Bournemouth, Oxford a joke for being sensible, whilst stands are being built/waiting for progression on the pitch? It seems you are more interested how other fans think of us rather than the sustainability of the club and the much needed revenue advertising of that kind could bring, I think you priorities are wrong.

A couple of years without a stand and still a capacity of 12k, that is still larger than most clubs in our division and is hardly an embarrassment considering the grounds and attendances of other clubs.

Yea exactly and you plan on leaving the paddock side like a wastland after finally getting the lorne street finished atleast close the white seated area of the railway and cover the seats so everybody is condensed. i'd also close the family stand and cover it with advertising.

There has been some sweeping and condescending statements on this post that simply don't add up. For example 'vale fans are scared of change', the very same fans that campaigned for a change of ownership and eventually got it. Equally, not wanting a new ground is narrow minded and lacking ambition. Not necessarily.A new ground does not automatically result in increased attendances, commercial activity or success. Assessing what we can do with the current ground in terms of improved facilities and commercial opportunities must be the first logical step to take.

In terms of atmosphere, there are a number of factors, of which a new stadium would only address one - fans will be less spread out. However, at home we currently have an attitude of we are 2nd, these are below us, I'll sit back and wait to be entertained. When the fans are up for it there is a special atmosphere at Vale Park and think we should try and have an away day attitude at home I.e. I'm going to get behind them no matter what and see what happens.

The main sticking point to a new stadium is of course finances. We have land that nobody would be interested in due to mine shafts etc. Without being able to sell this we would not be able to finance our part of a new ground even if other funding can be obtained from elsewhere.

Yea exactly and you plan on leaving the paddock side like a wastland after finally getting the lorne street finished atleast close the white seated area of the railway and cover the seats so everybody is condensed. i'd also close the family stand and cover it with advertising.

You would cram, and it is crammed, all the fans in the worst views with a shallow rake, open to the elements and that's progress?

Arsenals North Bank whilst it was being built.

arsenal_1420070c.jpg

Why would the police never agree to us having or sharing the away end? Stoke share their away end with buses parked right outside. I am puzzled why some folk think it is not on. Even the arsenal and spurs lot share the same end.

It's been sugested before,but the police would'nt allow it, its easy to controll away fans, straight off the coach into the ground, and vice versa after the game.

I think people need to open their mind to the possibility to a 65 year old stand built on a heap is no longer fit for purpose. The railway/paddock stand should be condemned. The facilities are from the dark ages, and the views shocking. the rake is too shallow, and it is so far from the pitch i am nearer the saggar makers.

I have sat in non league grounds with better toilets. and the catering is woeful. queing in the rain for a bovril, while 500 people try to have a fag, and another 500 try to walk past for the loo, whilst you stand there in a queue, only to get to the front to be told they are out of coffee, bovril and most other things.

I would knock the stand down, and leave nothing in its place but a high boarding like Arsenal did. When we have the funds, do something then..like a stand right on the touchline, very steep and curving at the ends to meet the hamil and bycars.

a 3 sided ground would push a lot of people into the bycars..which would help the turgid atmosphere.

agreed vale park is out dated, needs a lot of improvement in catering and stuff and i'm sure thats on mr wildes and the smurfs mind.i understand about the atmosphere, but its fans that make it.how many people are moaning about the atmosphere?does every one of those fans sing theit heart out for 90 minutes?when i do go to games ive got to say sometimes i get quite annoyed about the amount of fans who sit there holding their bovril, not even shouting come on vale let alone singing, then they complain about the lack of support.support isnt just about paying your 20 quid to get in, its about letting the players know you are there, and also letting the opposition know that you are there too.

how many fans remember all the words to the winder of you?

agreed vale park is out dated, needs a lot of improvement in catering and stuff and i'm sure thats on mr wildes and the smurfs mind.i understand about the atmosphere, but its fans that make it.how many people are moaning about the atmosphere?does every one of those fans sing theit heart out for 90 minutes?when i do go to games ive got to say sometimes i get quite annoyed about the amount of fans who sit there holding their bovril, not even shouting come on vale let alone singing, then they complain about the lack of support.support isnt just about paying your 20 quid to get in, its about letting the players know you are there, and also letting the opposition know that you are there too.

how many fans remember all the words to the winder of you?

wonder*

New soulless flat pack ground, no way! It would kill off many business's in the area, the Vale is vital if the area is not to implode.

• Knock down the Railway and flatten it off. Fence it off with massive advertising boards.

• Bring the pitch closer to the Lorne Street.

• Finish off Lorne Street. This is relatively inexpensive, considering most of it has been done.

• Medium term ambition would to develop the land where the railway was and build a small (5k) steep stand 20 metres closer to the railway leaving development space behind for housing, commercial or leisure facilities.

• Tommy Cheadles is awful, it needs knocking down and replacing with either a community club/hub/family pub or there needs to be similar provisions within the Lorne Street.

Short term; a three sided 12k stadium

Medium/long term; 17-18k with new Railway Stand.

I agree, this could be the compromise position, Lorne St and both ends are more than adequate for our needs, taking down the Railway and building a new stand further forward with the roof linked in to the Hamil and Bycars (lose the Family Stand and Police box) would modernise the stadium, keep us at VP and be cheaper

A quick look at what a simple 4.5 k single tier stand may look like

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2915[/ATTACH]

Cheers for that Birdy, quite fascinating that. I think the best way forward would be redevelopment. If we were to build a large two tier stand similar to that of Wycombe's or even the one with the exec boxes at Stoke, with top class facilities on a par with Rotherham's we would then be on to a winner. I feel that this would then make VP easily on a par with Greenhous Meadow, New York stadium etc. The new stand could then incorporate even more exec boxes etc in order to double the opportunities for the club in those areas. I'm sure that over the long term, the project could effectively pay for itself and drastically improve the image of the club and the atmosphere in the ground. A good way to then get more in the Bycars would be to offer some sort of ticket incentives in that area i.e. BOGOF, improve the concourse at the back and most importantly to get more singers in GET A BAR IN THERE, an improved concourse would make this viable. The fact that you can't have a drink in the Bycars puts so many people off. Just imagine though all these changes with a completed LS, New York eat your heart out!

Archived