onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time to think about a new stadium?

barkis

I'm struggling to see how we'll ever get bigger crowds such as 6000+/7000 average gates even if we go up. We were top of the league before today, on the back of 2 cracking away wins, on new years day but there wasn't even 6000 home fans there? I thought we could attract big gates when things are good on the pitch, but seems not. Not as big of a club as we think.

Advert

Want atmosphere at vale Park - open your mouths and sing.

I used to frequent the Railway Stand and one big voice from the Railway Stand half way line was enough to get the rest of the crowd going.

The 'noisiest' home fans are in the paddock - just so you can spend more time baiting the opposition fans than singing in support of your team, not joking listen to yourselves sometime.

Singers should be behind the goal so all Vale need to do is open up the Hamil to home fans - good facilities - good acoustics.

Vale Park is dilapidated,cold and lacks soul and atmosphere.Sadly many Vale supporters think different a d thats there choice and rightly so.Personally I would move tomorrow.The atmosphere at the game today with a crowd of just over 6k was a disgrace.Vale took 250 to Dagenham and created a better atmosphere.An home game with Port Vale is not a pleasureable experience whatsoever.Time for a change.Time to move on.

Its not like people have anything to sing about at £20 a head for admission and that's BEFORE you buy a b**** programme, pie, souvenir, pints, dinner, petrol to get there ect ect ect

And what about the poor guy who has to take his four kids- well near to £100 a game for league two football- it's a joke

Nothing wrong with the ground in principle the atmosphere will always reflect the product on the pitch and today that product was absolute pants. To say that the admission is too expensive is also a bit shy of the mark when all of the 'working class fans' are supping ale like its going out of fashion at the kiosks in the railway.

We may have a team that could scrape us out of this very poor league but unless we invest in new players we are destined to return at the first attempt in Division one.

Looking at it another way - you are criticising the team for not turning up - well did the crowd? There was no atmosphere because nobody was singing - when Portsmouth are getting beat the Pompey chimes still ring out.

Said it just and will say it again there will never be any atmosphere until those who do sing do what the fans at all the other clubs do and go and get behind the goal.

Either reclaim the Bycars or get the club to open up the Hamil to home fans.

those of you who would like a move,how about providing funds for the building of a new ground,it's easy to spend other peoples money when theyt skint thesen so where is the money coming from, cost find 20million quid lark that, towk sense wut.

Rotherham, a supposedly smaller club than us who spent several years on smaller crowds in an athletics stadium on the outskirts of Sheffield they didn't own managed to finance a fine new ground so why not us? Has no-one got any ambition?

All i did today except for watching the football is que

1. Qued to get on the car park

2. Qued to get a ticket

3. Qued to get a drink in tommy cheadles and gave up

4. Qued to get refreshments at half time and when I got there they had nothing left

5. Qued to get out of vp

Any more than 4500 vale can't cope

My first home game for a while ....... I got there at 2.10 and suffered none of the above.....I also left at the final whistle - but I guess the rush was about ten minutes before the end.

barkis - plenty of ambition mate that's why I dunna want to sacrifice Vale Park for a 10,000 seater like Rotherham.

These new grounds are built so they can be extended if it was 10k it would still be half empty,surely your not happy with the facilities, that tea bar for the Railway paddock is shocking we must lose thousands every year on catering

Earlier in the season when we thumped Rotherham, VP was rocking. Today people are blaming the size of the ground on there being no atmosphere???!

Take a look at the two attendances.

Might it have something to do with the quality of football on show?

Sme of the utter drivel that gets spouted on here is ridiculous nowadays.

Dave, you are right, the atmosphere is generated by the fans. Sadly at home we seem incapable of generating the the kind if atmosphere as the away day fixtures.

I would love to have the Pompey or Stank Pauli attitude to singing and supporting the team to be prevalent at Vale Park. Sadly this is not the case and therefore we are in a position where the fans need to feed off of the football on the pitch. We don't need a soulless new build stadium to produce atmosphere what we need is a product on the pitch that allows the fans to get excited.

I'm with you on ambition. Lets keep a stadium capable of holding around 20K and then let's fill it with Championship football. The place will be rocking then :)

Archived