onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time to think about a new stadium?

barkis

Ok a new gorund would be lovely. But lets look at it from a REALISTIC point of view.

1. Local authority help- its is required for all new stadium developments bar the top premier league clubs. After the recent bail out, do you think the council would risk giving us more money to build a new stadium? I THINK NOT!

2. On a similar train of thought, the local authorites are trying to rejuvenate burslem all be it with a low budget. Why would they assist Vale move away from the town taking away passing trade and matchday revenue for the town?

3. Land values, VP is worth next to nothing in relation to the areas mentioned so theres no income from that type of deal at all. Most new stadiums are part funded by selling valuable land in prime retail locations and buyng cheaper more accessible land outside the town. Vale dont have this.

4. We have a 18000 all seater stadium, yes it has it faults but why move to a smaller ground by 3000 seats? It doesnt make sense All VP really needs is someone to take a look at some issues which can improve the matchday experience; like the reintroduction of terracing (with that cheaper prices for that area), better catering, redeveloping family stand (aka knock it down) and the railway stand in time, at present closing the top of the stand and shifting everyone into the bottom would better atmosphere and noise levels, online ticketing so fans can pick seat tickets if not familiar with the layout, family offers and improved links with sponsors and schools to boost new trade and new potential fans

5. Theres plenty of examples of new grounds working out ok but look at Darlington, Coventry, Plymouth, Morecombe, Doncaster, Colchester and Bournemouth who have faced no increase in gates (some have dropped like Cov, Darlo, Plymouth, Donny and Colchester), no increased team performances (less money spent on the team) and most have financial problems as a result which have affected the team negatively.

All in all now is not the time. If we were on the verge of the Championship it would be more appropriate

Most sensible post yet.

It really would be great to have a new ground with modern facilities but the only sensible thing would be is to redevelop Vale Park.

Firstly people have to remember that there is a covenant on Vale Park which prohibits it being used for anything else but a football stadium which means we will not get permission to build houses or a supermarket, the only way of getting enough money to fund a move to a new location.

Secondly after being in administration twice in ten years I am sure that the Football League would still have a say in whether we could borrow money to go back in debt to fund a new stadium.

So we really do have to redevelop our current stadium which only needs to be done as we increase our supporter base. I think it was either Bill Shankley or Brian Clough who told his Directors "You give me money for players and I will then get you the money to improve the stadium". So if our owners have any money I hope they give it to Micky to improve the team and I am sure the rest will follow. Remember we built the Lorne St stand following success in the Championship.

Advert

Most sensible post yet.

It really would be great to have a new ground with modern facilities but the only sensible thing would be is to redevelop Vale Park.

Firstly people have to remember that there is a covenant on Vale Park which prohibits it being used for anything else but a football stadium which means we will not get permission to build houses or a supermarket, the only way of getting enough money to fund a move to a new location.

Secondly after being in administration twice in ten years I am sure that the Football League would still have a say in whether we could borrow money to go back in debt to fund a new stadium.

So we really do have to redevelop our current stadium which only needs to be done as we increase our supporter base. I think it was either Bill Shankley or Brian Clough who told his Directors "You give me money for players and I will then get you the money to improve the stadium". So if our owners have any money I hope they give it to Micky to improve the team and I am sure the rest will follow. Remember we built the Lorne St stand following success in the Championship.

I fear it will cost alot more to redevelop vale park still and its poor facilaties will hold the club back in terms of trying increase gates. Paying that much money to sit in the bycars in paddock and is stupid and will put people off for along time. The whol ground needs to be up to the standard of the lorne street and steeper stands. I totally disagree with your comment it only needs be redevloped if we increase our supporter base so it seems we are stuck with **** facilaties for decades at this rate then.

Get the Hamil end for home fans then around another 4,000 will have facilities equating to Lorne Street.

Not been in Bycars for a few years but if the facilities are the same as then then cut admission price to £15 adults and why is it ticket only?

Railway paddock and Railway stand will be the expensive ones but in all fairness the Railway is a good traditional football stand and paddock and surely if the area at the back is redeveloped with quality refreshment facilities (and I don't just mean a bar I mean a modern brick built refreshments room that has alternative use that can be used on non-match days - and of course quality toilets)

I fear it will cost alot more to redevelop vale park still and its poor facilaties will hold the club back in terms of trying increase gates. Paying that much money to sit in the bycars in paddock and is stupid and will put people off for along time. The whol ground needs to be up to the standard of the lorne street and steeper stands. I totally disagree with your comment it only needs be redevloped if we increase our supporter base so it seems we are stuck with **** facilaties for decades at this rate then.

The facilities won't hold back the gates , poor football will. People don't come to enjoy a good view of a field of grass, they come to see a winning team. We would gain more fans pumping 25mill into the team than the ground you must agree?

The facilities won't hold back the gates , poor football will. People don't come to enjoy a good view of a field of grass, they come to see a winning team. We would gain more fans pumping 25mill into the team than the ground you must agree?

Trust me the youth of today will look at the facilaties and think what a ****hole they do often now. There is poor, poor facilaties at vp. If we see ourselves as Championship or League One we need better. The paddock needs to be put in the history books now.

god ,still at it, dillusional or what, who's going to pay for all these improvements,are you buggers going to finance it or do you as usual expect someone else to get their hand down and spend, if your that concerned bluddy well pay for it don't expect someone else to skin themselves come on you tight sods,lets see the colour of your money. either put up or shut up.

Trust me the youth of today will look at the facilaties and think what a ****hole they do often now. There is poor, poor facilaties at vp. If we see ourselves as Championship or League One we need better. The paddock needs to be put in the history books now.

But look at the investment would you get more fans with a team in the championship in vale park or league 2 in a plastic all seater stadium? I'm sure championship football would gain more fans than a new stadium

But look at the investment would you get more fans with a team in the championship in vale park or league 2 in a plastic all seater stadium? I'm sure championship football would gain more fans than a new stadium
The £20 million investment wouldn't exist without a new stadium so the point is irrelevant. Big sponsors and investors would only be interested in a new stadium project.

god ,still at it, dillusional or what, who's going to pay for all these improvements,are you buggers going to finance it or do you as usual expect someone else to get their hand down and spend, if your that concerned bluddy well pay for it don't expect someone else to skin themselves come on you tight sods,lets see the colour of your money. either put up or shut up.
ZZzzzzz how do you think all these other teams finance a new stadium? with investors and sponsors it practically pays for itself. It's not pie in the sky talk, its a realistic opportunity to offer the fans better facilities, increase the attendances and be able to offer things like music concerts and other events that Vale Park can't.

If the club wants real success it will have to move, the sooner the better as our current ground is ready for the scrap heap. It's knackered.

your talking through your rear end, who the """"""""""""""" is going to invest and sponsor vales new ground to the tune of,20million plus, a few concerts and it will pay for itself, like coventry you mean, bet they wished they had stayed at highfield road. 2 months out of administration and all the penniless poseurs crawl out of the woodwork with these hairbrained plans and ideas and not any idea how to finance them, if your so concerned do a feasability study,find the space needed,work out what the groundwork and infrastructure will cost,then cost the building ,plans, demolition if any, site clearance, tipping facilities costs of same,your looking at in excess of 3.5 million before the first exploratory hole is sunk then you've no guarrantee that the chosen site is suitable. our new owners are adopting a pragmatic approach,clear up ten years of neglect improve the team ,the facilities and the commercial side slowly as funds allow, make the club self sufficient, NOT go into hock for tens of millions, i bet you wish bratty was still here dont you eh:ninja:?

True my bad for sayinmg that but I remember these ones being very vocal at thoughts of us moving everytime which is why we end up stuck at vp because they would bombard any owner to ensure we do not move. The club needs fresh ideas and need to be dragged into the 21sy century. Even the above where we have consider the people who have sat in stands for years who wouldn't even move stands within this stadium. They could sit in the hamil with by far better facilaties.

Has the pub opened?

your talking through your rear end, who the """"""""""""""" is going to invest and sponsor vales new ground to the tune of,20million plus, a few concerts and it will pay for itself, like coventry you mean, bet they wished they had stayed at highfield road. 2 months out of administration and all the penniless poseurs crawl out of the woodwork with these hairbrained plans and ideas and not any idea how to finance them, if your so concerned do a feasability study,find the space needed,work out what the groundwork and infrastructure will cost,then cost the building ,plans, demolition if any, site clearance, tipping facilities costs of same,your looking at in excess of 3.5 million before the first exploratory hole is sunk then you've no guarrantee that the chosen site is suitable. our new owners are adopting a pragmatic approach,clear up ten years of neglect improve the team ,the facilities and the commercial side slowly as funds allow, make the club self sufficient, NOT go into hock for tens of millions, i bet you wish bratty was still here dont you eh:ninja:?

You mention coventry try looking at the other clubs that have had a positivemove more have benefited thats a fact. It will cost more to redevelop vale park LOOK AT THE HILLS ITS BUILT INTO.

The £20 million investment wouldn't exist without a new stadium so the point is irrelevant. Big sponsors and investors would only be interested in a new stadium project.

ZZzzzzz how do you think all these other teams finance a new stadium? with investors and sponsors it practically pays for itself. It's not pie in the sky talk, its a realistic opportunity to offer the fans better facilities, increase the attendances and be able to offer things like music concerts and other events that Vale Park can't.

If the club wants real success it will have to move, the sooner the better as our current ground is ready for the scrap heap. It's knackered.

Vale is the only club I know that has scaremongering about the idea of new and better facilities. It is very depresing thinking we have be stuck with the rubbish that is on offer at vp atm.

if it had been left to bratt, deakin,miller,lloyd et al there wouldn't be a club left to moan about, where have you been this last 12 months ,be grateful that you still have a club to support, but you could always watch wolves if vale park depresses you that much.

Seems we didn't need Wildes or Smurf, seems we have a few know it all wannabe football chairmen on here

We have people who know what fans of every other club think, who know what the youth of today all think. It's a surprise we were ever in any trouble with all these knowledgable wannabe football chairmen amongst the fans.

Nice idea. Unrealistic right now. Is there any more to say on it?

Seems we didn't need Wildes or Smurf, seems we have a few know it all wannabe football chairmen on here

I agree I am sure they know better than all of us but I am also sure if those powers at be had to use those facilaties every week things would change. However I do trust they will do what they feel is right for the club. I think we will stay at vp for probably many years to come, just we need updated facilaties.

Archived