onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

was the ref that bad?

geosname

Advert

Far too many errors.

1. Two minutes of injury time in the 1st hald - not nearly enough.

2. The penalty he didn't give.

3. Far too many fouls ignored on Vale players.

4. Not making two players leave the field when the trainers had to come and treat.

5. Dean Morgan kicked the ball away twice and should have been shown a red.

What did he get right?

1. The sending off.

Point on linos...it can depend what orders the ref has given.him.before the game...hence why they back a ref 100% and why they let ref make the decision.

Very poor today.

It's a shame if that's how it is now. I guess that's why they're called "referee's assistants" - they can't use any initiative, just wave the flag according to whichever way the jumped up little jobsworth in charge decides.

Fost half gave them everything, second half gave us everything.

The worst ref I've ever seen, and I bet Wycombe fans are saying the same.

For one of the first times in my 43 years of watching football, I thought this match might have been fixed by the officials, to be Wycombe to lead at half time and Vale to win at 90 mins. With that linesman on the paddock side giving everything offside amost every attack at the Hamil end,it was almost impossible to score at that end. You can`t be that bad at reffing or running the line and get to this level, can you?

I can only reiterate what most have said so far, very comical first half, better second half. One thing though, early second half two Wycombe players collided with each other, both needed treatment but neither left the field, anyone know why? Is there a rule I don't know about or did the ref get this wrong too?

we thought the same, my mate said one of them left the field and took the tresulting throw in. Not sure as there was so much chaos

Im a ref myself.and have to agree he had a shocker.he must have had a long hard look.at himself at half time.as he was ok 2nd half.and not because we won.

Point on linos...it can depend what orders the ref has given.him.before the game...hence why they back a ref 100% and why they let ref make the decision.

Very poor today.

Agree with all that - the actual standards of reffin in this country are woeful overall at all levels (see bechios deliberate handball for Leeds on fri night) - we dont have for nothing, the unique dubious distinction of the only world cup ref to give one player 3 yellow cards and not send im off - our so called proffesional refs are useless , forget giving em help with goal line technology , I say replace the lot with better able people from europe.

I can only reiterate what most have said so far, very comical first half, better second half. One thing though, early second half two Wycombe players collided with each other, both needed treatment but neither left the field, anyone know why? Is there a rule I don't know about or did the ref get this wrong too?

The guidance to refs in the Laws say that players must leave the field for/after treatment but goes on to say:

Exceptions to the ruling are to be made only when:

a goalkeeper is injured

a goalkeeper and outfield player have collided and need immediate attention

players from the same team have collided and need immediate attention ...

One of the few things he got right all game!

The guidance to refs in the Laws say that players must leave the field for/after treatment but goes on to say:

Exceptions to the ruling are to be made only when:

a goalkeeper is injured

a goalkeeper and outfield player have collided and need immediate attention

players from the same team have collided and need immediate attention ...

One of the few things he got right all game!

Cheers Jacko, not heard of that one before but suppose it rarely happens. All in all it was a very interesting game and the ref made it with his first half performance!:unsure:

The free kick he gave them after a few minutes where the Wycombe forward kicked the ground on the edge of our area and went over set the tone for one of the worst 45 minutes of refereeing I have ever seen. How did McCombe manage to get a booking for being attacked by an opponent whilst running away in the opposite direction? I'd certainly appeal against that booking.

The free kick he gave them after a few minutes where the Wycombe forward kicked the ground on the edge of our area and went over set the tone for one of the worst 45 minutes of refereeing I have ever seen. How did McCombe manage to get a booking for being attacked by an opponent whilst running away in the opposite direction? I'd certainly appeal against that booking.

There is no appeal system for yellow cards, only red.

Had a shocking first half, but really lost the plot in the last 15 minutes of the first half, especially in front of the paddock.

He'd lost control of the game, and gave himself no option but to give their lad a second yellow for the foul on Neal (who, by the way, doesn't half like to make meal of any challenges made on him).

I didn't think Wycombe were a dirty or cheating side. I just thought the ref's bad decisions ratcheted up the atmosphere a bit, to make it look that way. He basically made a game appear tetchy and nasty when in reality it wasn't at all.

Archived