onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We need a buyer soon!

Jesse James

i notice bob has rightly lowered his description of these people from bidders to intrested parties, there is a massive difference

i would like to see bob perhaps put some type of timetable in place for any of these parties to actually enter there bids whatever they may be, of course these may be less than that offered by ryder which will cause extra problems to the club if accepted by bob, but i feel the issue now has to be forced along slightly so we can see some progression in the process

He did put a sort of timescale on it,he said if none of the 6 put a bid in by the end of 2 weeks(which was up a few weeks ago by the way) then he would advertise for sale again but i am not sure if that has happened yet.

Advert

The danger and very real possibility........... Mr Young keeps saying there is no rush. Injuries and suspensions mount up. Results turn bad. Midtable come January. Cant buy anyone. Everyone starts to panic. No buyer comes in. In **** next summer.

Very, very real possibility.

There IS a rush and always will be when a club is in admin. Im not happy with Bob Young. I hope to god i dont say i told you so in a few months but i have little faith in the man.

it's intresting to me that after being fairly confident that one of these bidders would put in a bid within a two week time scale to the point admin said that if not they would re-advertise the club nationally, we are now weeks forward still with no bid and these bidders are now merely intrested parties

as i have said if we are going to be in the **** i'd rather it now than come april at least it gives time to recover

at the end of the season admin could choose to liquidate the club which would be a total disaster or they could continue to run it if we are making enough profit to make it worth their while

but at the moment we look like we are being run well off on and on the pitch, but like most i hope this whole process can be concluded ASAP

What constitutes a profit? If there was a surplus over the next few games, this would be needed to prop up the shortfall we always get over the winter months, especially if Saturday games are postponed over Christmas/New Year and replayed on a Tuesday when gates are usually much lower. Surely he can only claim any running costs from profit only after the full accounts are done which will not be until after June 30th next year.

I just have a feeling there is something going on behind the scenes that he is keeping quiet. Lets face it the buyer whoever it may be will have to have approval from the football league. I just think he will not introduce/name a potential buyer until everything is in position including the cash in the bank.

Once bitten and all that.

Pesonally, i think the intrested parties have had enough time to decide, It's time to advertise the club through media ie skysports, No new offer has come forward and we are requesting more intrested to come forward. The CVA agreement is in place and you can buy a debt free football club currentlt 3rd in the division for 1.3 million pounds.

We need a buyer sooner rather than later, injuries suspension etc. Also the longer we go on without a buyer, people who may be intrested will start to think there must be something else wrong cos no-one wants to buy it.

Hang on a minute, we're breaking even (not making a profit yet) but we're presumably not paying the council anything towards the loan for the ground. If we still had to pay that, we'd be in the mire.

yes, BY stated that the levels of borrowings had led to our down fall, clear indicators that borrowing money to service debt is no way forward

Slightly off topic but Begbies Traynor were/are dealing with the admin and I think now liquidation of one of the none league clubs here in Shropshire(Ludlow Town FC).

Admittedly on a smaller scale(Ludlow have spent the majority of their history around the Midland Alliance level which is where Biddulph Vics were before they went) and they owed the taxman a large percentage of their debts but they've gone bust with a ground that was only built 7 or 8 years ago and would grace several levels higher now sitting idol off the A49!

it's intresting to me that after being fairly confident that one of these bidders would put in a bid within a two week time scale to the point admin said that if not they would re-advertise the club nationally, we are now weeks forward still with no bid and these bidders are now merely intrested parties

as i have said if we are going to be in the **** i'd rather it now than come april at least it gives time to recover

at the end of the season admin could choose to liquidate the club which would be a total disaster or they could continue to run it if we are making enough profit to make it worth their while

but at the moment we look like we are being run well off on and on the pitch, but like most i hope this whole process can be concluded ASAP

The worrying bit for me is that with us being in the top 7 during all our games and being up for sale at 1.3m with no debt(a small amount to pay for someone who actually wanted to own a club),then surely someone would of shown their hand now,so is there REALLY any interest.

Originally,with the sponsor deal running until October and the new strip coming out then too,i thought Young was going to announce a new buyer at the televised Oxford game(a great time to do it i guess) BUT now i doubt that very much.

What constitutes a profit? If there was a surplus over the next few games, this would be needed to prop up the shortfall we always get over the winter months, especially if Saturday games are postponed over Christmas/New Year and replayed on a Tuesday when gates are usually much lower. Surely he can only claim any running costs from profit only after the full accounts are done which will not be until after June 30th next year.

Do any of us actually know what the admin will want to take etc.....

Archived