onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We need a buyer soon!

Jesse James

Advert

I reckon the sticking point is finding a buyer who will match the Ryder bid.

I also reckon that as the biggest creditor the Council is the one who will be squeezed into accepting an alternative proposal - whether this can be done within the existing CVA if the Council accept a change I do not know?

Quite simply guys its out of our hands at the moment so best just forget about it (assuming we aren't going to form a Supporters Trust) as there's no use fighting a battle or worrying about one if you can't win it.

What we can do is turn up at the matches and spend whatever we can afford whilst there.

Just needs 130 supporters to put 10K each in as shares and buy the vale.

There would be in the new company formed to buy the vale.

Not necessarily for sale to anyone

Private company limited by shares: This company has a share capital and the liability of each member is limited to the amount, if any, unpaid on their shares. A private company cannot offer its shares for sale to the general public.

Private company limited by guarantee: This company does not have a share capital and its members are guarantors rather than shareholders. The members' liability is limited to the amount they agree to contribute to the company's assets if it is wound up.

I just wish that Bob Young would keep stumm when there is nothing concrete happening. We all know that selling a football club isn't that easy. I could understand the silence then but with all this,'I'm expecting a bid in the next couple of days'' etc. Is frustrating in the extreme.

All of this sniping at fans who complain about the situation claiming it's got little to do with us. Well I'm sorry but without the fans backing any new buyer is doomed to failure I'm afraid.

Iv'e got nowt against BY but I wish he would stop making us 1/2 promises which fail to materialise.

I think Bob would like to keep quiet but then people complain that they are being kept in the dark.

He could have meant anything, I just thought it was a strange comment to be made just after a 6-2 win in the second month of the season.

Its one of his PR inadequacies, most of what he says publicly is strange, mistimed or unconnected... he doesnt seem to converse well with others

I'd much prefer one strong individual putting up the 1.3 million myself, wouldn't want us to go down that road again.

it would take 130 supporters to start the company and show they had funds to continue, which, knowing humans, would mean 130 directors... it wont happen.

I would be disappointed if any new buyer sold shares to the fans [collectively]

One thing that worried me last weekend was Micky Adams saying we need to get points on the board as quickly as possible. Does he know something we don't about a possible points deduction?

I think he was refering to the fact we have only a small squad and cannot even bring in loanee's. If injuries and suspensions come into play we may struggle. The more points we get now with a fit squad the better.

it would take 130 supporters to start the company and show they had funds to continue, which, knowing humans, would mean 130 directors... it wont happen.

I would be disappointed if any new buyer sold shares to the fans [collectively]

They'd do well to sell any shares to more than a handful anyway.

Those who bought before will feel they've done their bit, and would not want to risk being led astray again (who can blame them?)

The people who have never bought any are hardly likely to do so now.

Out of interest, what would people's thoughts on Bill Bell returning?

Archived