onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gavin Massey to leave vale when contract expires in summer

Advert

26 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Slightly underrated but still short of what we need. Put more of a shift in than he was given credit for at times.

I appreciate his efforts.

Massey underrated 😭

• Like 2

A classic example of a player signed on reputation, but was on the decline and didn’t fit the system at all. Very poor business. 

You sign players to fit a preconceived idea, not make it up as you go along. 

We’ve had no plan when signing players since January 2022 - Flitcroft’s first summer was the only time you could see what we were trying to do. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Had some absolutely awful games but I do think he was a victim of his own versatility by being played out of position when we had no other options. An obvious choice to release as he was one of the biggest earners. Even so, he will probably surprise us all by getting another league 1 gig. 

In the games when he could be bothered, such as those whenever we played Wigan, you could see he had some quality. 

Not sure playing poorly in all positions makes him ‘versatile’😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Gavin Massey I'm thinking when signed him he's a good signing 

Did

He come from.Wigan who had gone up to championship with really good points amassed total .

He started off OK come off bench v Barnsley and was superb as it was is ball Harrison headed in make 2-2 .

He was Mr Versatile , in Jan 2023 that there no strikers being brought in till Matt Taylor come and he was injured till mid Feb ,so G Massey had too play in unfamiliar positions he did OK some games in fairness to him and at least was willing get out there and play unlike others, but the problem is the losing mentality started amongst the group then, and players were losing weekly and everyone had there own players they were pointing fingers at .

The 3-0 defeat v Accrington was the worst there isn't one player who played that day who I  believe should still represent the club ,us, the performance application disrespect to the away following was like Fleetwood this season and result mirrored the disdain shown to me the higher hierarchy of the club it was disgraceful but to take it out on honest folk who work socks off to afford go any game never mind the 2 mentioned ones which were absolutely the worst kind of footballing professionalism.

Massey was part of both them games in fact he was part of a hell of a lot of very poor results so for every Wigan Charlton Wrexham away/OK performances  there was Accrington,  Fleetwood,and many more very poor ones .

So goodbye overall its the right decision 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 1

3 in 81 appearances for us speaks volumes but didn't come from Wigan with a goal scoring record. His lack of goal contribution aside, he never seemed committed IMO in any of the positions he played in. Deffo right choice. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

3 in 81 appearances for us speaks volumes but didn't come from Wigan with a goal scoring record. His lack of goal contribution aside, he never seemed committed IMO in any of the positions he played in. Deffo right choice. 

He was as bad as Loft & Uche when played up front ! glad see the back of him !

• Like 3

The club as a whole have a terrible record of signing crocks or signing players then playing them out of position. Hope we can learn horses for courses! Plus someone who can play at least thirty games plus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Yes I promise Gav... we WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS. 

No don't worry about the current squad Gav. I've got so many players lined up. Let me show you my wall of players I almost signed. 

No Gav I never missed out on a player because of finances.

32 minutes ago, MBE said:

Yes I promise Gav... we WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS. 

No don't worry about the current squad Gav. I've got so many players lined up. Let me show you my wall of players I almost signed. 

No Gav I never missed out on a player because of finances.

Yes Gaffer that all seems great but why are you signing me then? You won't get anywhere near the playoffs with me around. I've got a foot like a sheriff's badge and I can't be @r53d most of the time.

You say that I should fit right in? Fantastic! 

What? Most of them are clueless and spineless! Wonderful!

How much will I be on? Yeah......... count me in........... where do I sign??? I'm brilliant me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Underrated? How?

I think he put a shift in and played out of position for the team. I don't want to keep him but do think he was a scapegoat at times.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3