onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sam Morsy

10 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Can’t see any reason whatsoever why he won’t be representing Ipswich in the top flight next season 

Nor can I. Horton was a similar age when Luton went up and had 2 very successful seasons in the old first division playing a similar role.  Horton has already played top level football though. 

Advert

Not forgetting that Marcus Harness is part of this Ipswich squad, over 40 appearances for them last season and over 30 this season.  Many will have been as a sub, but he is still on the pitch for them.  To be fair, did any of us see Harness getting to that level?  

Similarly, very few people saw Sam Morsy getting to the heights he achieved with Ipswich when he was with us.  He was pretty much seen as a decent lower league player who put his foot in when we had him.  I cannot remember anyone at the time predicting that he would go on to achieve what he has done.

Both players have grown and matured since they were with us and credit to them for their development.  There are always some players who slip away at one club but go big later.  Brian Horton (mentioned earlier in this thread) was released for nothing by Walsall.

19 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

Not forgetting that Marcus Harness is part of this Ipswich squad, over 40 appearances for them last season and over 30 this season.  Many will have been as a sub, but he is still on the pitch for them.  To be fair, did any of us see Harness getting to that level?  

Similarly, very few people saw Sam Morsy getting to the heights he achieved with Ipswich when he was with us.  He was pretty much seen as a decent lower league player who put his foot in when we had him.  I cannot remember anyone at the time predicting that he would go on to achieve what he has done.

Both players have grown and matured since they were with us and credit to them for their development.  There are always some players who slip away at one club but go big later.  Brian Horton (mentioned earlier in this thread) was released for nothing by Walsall.

Well yeah Harness was a technically very good footballer, just too lightweight at the time but physically looks light years away. 

I do wonder what physical regime our players get put on because I look at Nathan Smith 5 years ago and he physically seems just as slight now as then. 

I had a good chat with an Ipswich fan on a rail replacement bus on the way to Fleetwood a few months ago when they were away at PNE. He was sound and very complimentary of us based on the two games last season.

They’ve always a well run progressive club since the days before football was fashionable. Bobby Robson would have won the league in 1975 instead of Clough if it had been 3 points for a win back then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essex Vale said:

You are right, although that perhaps said more about a lot of our fans. There was no way Griffiths was a better player, even in 2013. Morsy was more mobile, far better at distributing the ball and carrying the ball forward. Griffiths was better in the air because he's taller. We were top of the league when Sam was paired with Burge or Shuker. We flopped over the line thanks to Lee Collins. The reason Sam was underrated was he made it look easy. His passing range was and is very good. He pings 30 yard passes but looks like he's making a 10 yard pass. Horton was very similar. As a kid I knew Horton was pretty good, but I never realised how good until he left. I thought it was just normal that someone could win the ball, then pass it wherever he wanted with very little effort. Horton and Morsy seemed to be able to pass balls longer distances without more discernable backlift on the kick. Gary Roberts, Brammer and Ray Walker always looked like they gave it an extra bit of welly on their longer passes. I'd take any player who can pass like those 5 tomorrow. There's quite a good video of Morsy on YouTube from the first half of this season. 

57 minutes ago, Santa said:

I had a good chat with an Ipswich fan on a rail replacement bus on the way to Fleetwood a few months ago when they were away at PNE. He was sound and very complimentary of us based on the two games last season.

They’ve always a well run progressive club since the days before football was fashionable. Bobby Robson would have won the league in 1975 instead of Clough if it had been 3 points for a win back then.

I played football for 18 months with Roger Osbourne's son from that side. They almost won it again in the early 80s. They had some wonderful sides.

Posted (edited)

It's nice to see a player at the centre of BBs tenure at the club doing well. 

Let's remember who bought Morsy into first team football.... Gannon. 

Who brought Gannon to the club... Mr Bill Amos Bratt MBE

Edited by Killersrevenge44
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

It's nice to see a player at the centre of BBs tenure at the club doing well. 

Ha ha you are seriously hilarious,bless you..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Morsy made his Vale debut under Adams not Gannon. As for Bratt’s involvement he had virtually none in his signing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Was obvious to me what a player Sam was going to become.

He had ability, but more importantly, he had that devilment to him, that nasty side. The "edge" that Moore has highlighted we haven't had this season.

£25,000 we sold him for wasn't it?