onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An evening with DM & Matt Hancock - Thurs 2nd May

3 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Neither can I but players over 35 have a choice. Live off what they have earned or take a step back to start the next 20 years. He is active with his coaching qualifications and knows he won't be on silly money for much longer. I think it's a perfect fit....Unless of course Sheff Wed have plans for him.

Hmmm. Counting my huge amount of money in a centrally heated mansion or a freezing December night in Burslem in front of3000 v Crawley. Let me think on that one.

• Like 1

Advert

11 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I was more knocking the idea of at the end of May which was what guy suggested. But you're right with planning ( not 3 weeks) I'm sure it's doable. 

Tell that to the local residents.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MBE said:

Recruiting players from contacts and who the staff know?

Absolutely were going to see players Darren and his team have worked with previously ,so yeah Barry Bannon falls into that category along with some other very interesting players.

Data driven analysis to recruit players looks a thing of the past. Only winners and players with a bit of an edge are wanted at this club, honestly I don't think Darren Moore will accept anything less.

Great to have one man in complete charge of the 1st team and recruitment. We know who to praise.......or blame😀

What’s the data on “players with an edge” ? 
number of yellow and red cards ? 

11 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

He’s had that instilled in him by Crosbys tippy tappy crap. 
In league 2 you aren’t getting any better than Ripley. 
You also need to take into account that his defence in front of him have changed on a game to game basis this season and most of those individuals have been garbage. 
He has been massively overworked. 

Umm , I dunno I still don't think he commands his area the way he should do and to be fair he didn't need keep passing to the defenders when he knows they can't pass for toffee , agree to disagree on that one , I'd take Covolan over Ripley even though cov has been auditioning for the new cobra Kai series cos everybody was kong fu fighting his kicking was done with expert timing woah  oh oh ho ho ho 😬👍

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

Hmmm. Counting my huge amount of money in a centrally heated mansion or a freezing December night in Burslem in front of3000 v Crawley. Let me think on that one.

He can count his money after the game. You’re retired for a long time as a footballer. Plus he’d have another £3/4k to count each Monday. Win win 

7 minutes ago, osprey said:

What’s the data on “players with an edge” ? 
number of yellow and red cards ? 

22 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

A freezing night in burlslem 

is the only choice isn't it 🤔😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

sadly I 100% agree but the biggest problem is the long contracts that a lot of players (loft, jones and others have) and the debt we have and his ridiculous five and a half years contract and we have no wriggle room to buy players and I fear the future 

You do know players & managers come & go all over the world in all sorts of league regardless of whether they are under contact right 🤔 means nothing, as he said the 17 under contract will not be the same 17 that starts next season 

1 hour ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I can't see Vale offering him 30k a week! 

Nobody is going to be offering him 30k a week at his age & this stage of his career 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The French Connection said:

Bannan was on £27k a week during Wednesdays Promotion season.  But he's 2 years older, now, and at the tail end of his career.  I think £5k would get him, and he'd be worth that for the Vale. 

FC, how I read the report he was on that amount in L1 because someone had given him that contract the previous season when they were in the Championship. Therefore they had to honour the contract, so was it poor management by the football club.?

Edited by Playa Amodores

7 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

FC, how I read the report he was on that amount in L1 because someone had given him that contract the previous season when they were in the Championship. Therefore they had to honour the contract, so was it poor management of the football club.?

Possibly, PA, but he starred for them throughout the campaign and was THE major factor in their promotion.  I think he could do the same for us in L2, even at 35, and he'd be worth £5k a week.

There's been examples of this kind throughout my lifetime, Bobby Collins at Leeds in the 60s, Dave MacKay at Derby, Gordon Strachan at Leeds immediately come to mind.  Ron Futcher at the Vale! 

• Like 3

We don't have a bad set of players for L2. I think we can challenge for promotion provided three things. 1. Other clubs don't sign our best players. 2. The squad is rebalanced so that players can play in their best positions. 3. Moore installs a disciplined model of playing that makes the team resilient and consistently effective in attack and defence. 

On the last one, rebalancing the squad at 2. comes first. 

• Like 2