onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cambridge (H) Match Thread - 27th April

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

Crawley disposed Wozza in the L2 playoffs on the last day. 

If current form is anything to go by for the playoffs, Doncaster will walk it 31/33 pts. I caught an hour of the Colchester v Crewe game, our neighbours look really poor. Colchester should have been 3 up before Crewe scored at the death.

Advert

2 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

If current form is anything to go by for the playoffs, Doncaster will walk it 31/33 pts. I caught an hour of the Colchester v Crewe game, our neighbours look really poor. Colchester should have been 3 up before Crewe scored at the death.

It’s 33 from 33 available mate 🔥 11 league wins on the bounce 👌🏻 Crewho are going get peppered 🤣

Edited by Vtid

9 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I don’t believe we released him, I heard we tired to get players from the promotion season to sign on the cheap in that window, Benning and proctor being the other players offered crappy deals IIRC, so he was one that turned it down.  Maybe that was the beginnings of flictcrofts shortcomings in recruitment? Im certain I heard Yates on the radio just after the summer window closed saying that we tried to bring Gibbo back in, but couldn’t shift certain players on to make room. He’d be a  good addition IMO, but I think he could well stay in league one or even be an option for a club looking to get our o league two with a decent budget. Now this seasons over I’m really looking forward to the window now seeing who we bring in and if it gives us any indication of how Moore is going to set up too. 

His injury record is appalling 

I think Mitch Clark is a far better player than Gibson for said right back position. He's had a bad injury twice, but should otherwise stay fitter. For me Gibson was a stand crosser, Clark isn't. 

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Vtid said:

It’s 33 from 33 available mate 🔥 11 league wins on the bounce 👌🏻 Crewho are going get peppered 🤣

No their winning streak ended yesterday with a draw. Still an unbelievable run though - 5th from bottom to 5th from top in a couple of months.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

No their winning streak ended yesterday with a draw. Still an unbelievable run though - 5th from bottom to 5th from top in a couple of months.

Unbelievable form! I last saw 2-0 & didn’t see the score since so assumed they won 😆 thanks for the update pal 👍🏻 

Edited by Vtid

Doncaster lost 1 of their last 18 ,winning 10 in succession, and climbing from 22nd to 5th. This was a squad McCann have created having been appointed in May. They lost 16 of their first 30. The recruitment they did in January of Matthew Craig, Hakeeb Adelakun, and Timothee LO-Tutala transformed a very bad squad into a very good one.

Perhaps a lesson that sometimes good managers with proven track records go through poor spells (even with a full summer) but sacking them at the first instance isn’t the best response, and 3-4 good signings can reorient the ship.

We have the evidence base that Moore can win a lot of games when he has good players. I think it’s a foolish move to get rid of him before we’ve at least had the chance to give him decent players, and not “the worst squad in our history”.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Warren said:

I think Mitch Clark is a far better player than Gibson for said right back position. He's had a bad injury twice, but should otherwise stay fitter. For me Gibson was a stand crosser, Clark isn't. 

Clark isn't anywhere near Gibbons. The only place he's better than him is the "how much weight you can put on while your injured?" Club

• Haha 2

Clark is a tad overrated for me & his injury record this season has been abysmal. Let’s hope he can stay fit & kick on next season as he will be more than decent enough for the bottom tier 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Mitch Clark is a better full-back than James Gibbons - and I am a massive Gibbons fan who would welcome him back tomorrow.

I don’t think there’s much between them. Both tenacious little buggers & like to spend time in the treatment room. Ability wise they can both be good on their day 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vtid said:

I don’t think there’s much between them. Both tenacious little buggers & like to spend time in the treatment room. Ability wise they can both be good on their day 

Agree with this.  Clarke more skilful I would say and Gibbo maybe slightly the better defensively.  The main debate, as you say, being which of the pair would spend more time on the treatment table.

• Like 2