onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cambridge (H) Match Thread - 27th April

Advert

29 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Just watched Crewe on Sky scrape a draw at relegation threatened Colchester with a last minute goal courtesy of fighting till the last minute. I tell you, either of these two would have given today's Vale team a run for their money and I'm just hoping that nothing like our team today turns up for the start of next season or its another disaster in the making. Get it sorted, Vale!

One nice piece of news though - Hanley Town finish their season with a 3-0 win and our very own Doddsy - in his very last game - scores the third. Even at 37, he might have done us a favour today after the dross we put out. Well done, Louis, fond memories!

Funny thing is, that goal has made things much harder for Crewe. Now they will play Doncaster over two legs, who are the league most in from team. 

35 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Just watched Crewe on Sky scrape a draw at relegation threatened Colchester with a last minute goal courtesy of fighting till the last minute. I tell you, either of these two would have given today's Vale team a run for their money and I'm just hoping that nothing like our team today turns up for the start of next season or its another disaster in the making. Get it sorted, Vale!

One nice piece of news though - Hanley Town finish their season with a 3-0 win and our very own Doddsy - in his very last game - scores the third. Even at 37, he might have done us a favour today after the dross we put out. Well done, Louis, fond memories!

Never quite worked out why it all went wrong for Louis. He never had pace, so in theory could have carried on playing far longer in the lower leagues. His first season at Shrewsbury was probably his best. Not sure he was ever quite suited to playing 442. There was a little run of games when he partnered AJ Leitch-Smith when I thought both were outstanding as almost 2 false 9s. Never quite understood why Aspin signed him as he never really suited the way he ended up wanting to play. Maybe if Aspin had been brave enough to stick with the 3 5 2 he kept trying in preseason Louis would have done well as a 10.

• Like 1

Never quite worked out why it all went wrong for Louis. He never had pace, so in theory could have carried on playing far longer in the lower leagues. His first season at Shrewsbury was probably his best. Not sure he was ever quite suited to playing 442. There was a little run of games when he partnered AJ Leitch-Smith when I thought both were outstanding as almost 2 false 9s. Never quite understood why Aspin signed him as he never really suited the way he ended up wanting to play. Maybe if Aspin had been brave enough to stick with the 3 5 2 he kept trying in preseason Louis would have done well as a 10.

Any player who wasn't a central defender didn't suit Aspins style. Sure he played 5 in one game

And with a predictable whimper, the season is over. Another uninspiring performance from the worst squad I have ever witness, and certainly the squad with the least amount of passion, fight and pride.

I wasn’t too concerned about the result, but I would have liked a performance that showed the players actually cared. I was also hopefully we may get an idea of how Moore would want to play next season and the players he’d like to keep, and the chance to blood a couple of the young players.

But instead we got the same old same old. If I wasn’t before, I am now firmly in the camp with the belief that Moore is not the right man to take us forward. A number of players in the squad today should not have been if Moore intends to get rid of them (which makes me think some are part of his plans) and I truly, truly lost my <ovf censored> when he bought Lowe on. A ridiculous decision. He should have bought one of the young lads on instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NW9Valiant said:

I’m keen to move on from talk about Clarke, Flitcroft, the bonfire that was this season. It’s difficult to ignore and today was so poor it’s a terrible advert for next season’s STs. There’s going to have to be some good work in preseason and in the market to get a lot of people interested. 

Saying that there were a fair few happy to clap the players after that game in the Railway. Why, I have no idea. 

Maybe the likes of Connor, Smithy, Ben, Chizzy deserved it??

Marks of players overall efforts this season

Ripley 3 made some good saves but we got relegated his job is  to organise and make sure nothing is coming through .

Debrah 2

on the ball shocking no confidence he did play well occasionally .

Lowe 2 steady got demoted from teams defence  and we got gradually worse at back once Balmer went back ,midfielder not for me didn't shine in that role at all 

Smith 2

Chislett 5

Garrity 5

Ojo 2 

Loft -4 

Uche 2 

Sang 2

Grant 1 

Clark 1 

Wilson 2

All the rest were the kids and they did OK but obviously were not ready .

We haven't scored enough and we haven't defended like our lives depended on it in fact we have given so many sloppy goals away through what I'd call non league defending and it defo wasn't I would die for the badge defending .

A poor seasons work .

• Confused 1

It was 4-0 mate at Hanley town. To be fair I had to check even though I was there. The dangers/bonus of lower league footy. At least I saw a goal today

Sent from my CPH2195 using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cheeky said:

And with a predictable whimper, the season is over. Another uninspiring performance from the worst squad I have ever witness, and certainly the squad with the least amount of passion, fight and pride.

I wasn’t too concerned about the result, but I would have liked a performance that showed the players actually cared. I was also hopefully we may get an idea of how Moore would want to play next season and the players he’d like to keep, and the chance to blood a couple of the young players.

But instead we got the same old same old. If I wasn’t before, I am now firmly in the camp with the belief that Moore is not the right man to take us forward. A number of players in the squad today should not have been if Moore intends to get rid of them (which makes me think some are part of his plans) and I truly, truly lost my <ovf censored> when he bought Lowe on. A ridiculous decision. He should have bought one of the young lads on instead.

Totally agree with this comment.

We are playing last match of a god awful season.

Nothing to worry about as already relegated.

So great chance to go out, play attacking football, and entertain the only section of Port Vale who can hold their heads high- us fans!

But no. Stick to tippy uckin tappy across the back with a keepie playing left back at goal kicks. Boring, boring, boring - bored senseless. 

What a total and utter disgrace.

• Like 8