onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cambridge (H) Match Thread - 27th April

2 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

The irony is that had he kept Cheltenham up, lots on here would have been blaming the club for having let him go! 

He didn’t tho so your point is massively irrelevant  

Edited by Vtid

Advert

10 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Well we didn't lose the game.  Thank god the match is over.  Wonder if Houston listened to the full match or went back bed.  🤣

Bring on the close season and how DM builds next years squad.

Will Carol back him with finances or just cut the budget back again.  This side needs better players, players with fight and character, not the bottlers, wimpy players we currently have till the retained list comes out.

I went back to bed and watched it on my phone ,,with one eye barely open. 🤣

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

But, as I predicted ages ago, he didn't keep Cheltenham up... 

he was extremely close with a side that didn’t score in the first 10 or so games. If he manages the whole season they are mid table. Stop your random hatred for the bloke. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

He didn’t tho so your point is massively irrelevant  

Took them from bottom club that couldn't buy a goal to a team that finished above us and still had a chance on the last day of the season, (albeit a slim one) to remain in League One for another season.  More than be said for us having been relegated last week. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

He never built a squad at Huddersfiled.

Let's get that right

Fair enough, thought he was hired earlier. Facts still remain that his record at both clubs is utterly atrocious. 17 games is plenty of time to judge a manager regardless of the players available. 

50 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Hate statements like this.

if he’s not at Vale he will not play games for anybody else? Why do you think this?

it’s total nonsense 

‘Hate’ is a bit strong. If you disagree with what I’m saying that’s fine, but football is a game of opinions and this is mine. I think it’s bad advice for him not to sign and stay with the club that has brought him through the academy and given him a chance at L1 football at a very young age. He can stay with us, show he’s good enough for men’s football, and then the money will come. Advising young players of his age not to sign is bad advice in my view but if you can offer an actual constructive criticism of what I’m saying then feel free. 

Edited by Rudgies Flat Cap
  • Like 1

Just now, JoeB2 said:

Rhys Walters doesn’t owe us anything for bringing him through. We didn’t do it out of altruism.

You’re right, he doesn’t. But he’s a young lad who has achieved nothing in the game yet. If he thinks he’ll do better elsewhere then good luck to him. I like him and think he’s got potential. I hope he stays.

• Like 5